Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

monaco aan de maas

Comments

• so nobody went there?:o
  • went there... with my girlfriend, who took an hour to do her hair and make-up (maybe even two hours :mad: )...

ergo: i had to stand behind 6 rows of tall people.. didn't see a thing... :(

so i went home..

[Edited on 7/8/2005 by printscreen]

[Edited on 7/8/2005 by printscreen]
  • My word, it seems to me they have used an old car!!
  • PS04B as announed in previous PR !!!!;)
  • I didn't go there either. But I saw it on the news. And Doornbos surely was giving a show. I loved how he missed the barriers by like two inches when he did a donut on the asphalt. ;)
  • Yep, that looked great Stan :o
  • Noticed Doorknobs tyres were a bit shot after his laps! His donuts were superb! The PS04b Looked pretty good out there.
  • On La Gazzetta dello Sport there is a photo today of Albers's exhibition in Rotterdam.
  • It was great!!
    Good show from Albers and Doornbos, Albers mostly in the rain and Doornbos on the dry track, both drivers did some nice moves, Doornbos with a narrow donut and Albers did some combo Donuts:hehe:
    And ofcourse there was more then Minardi's to see, what a great historic cars and some LM1 cars with Jan Lammers his Dome.
    I have visited Chris in the morning where he did a meet and greet with his fans, he was super relax a did some nice time with use, he took plenty of time and at the and we ended the session because we wanted to have a good place on the track.
    I had also a Chat with Nelsinho Piquet, nice guy, he drove the Lotus from 1977 from his dad.
    Doornbos did his meet and great on the beach in the afternoon but didn't went there, no time left and Doornbos has very anoying shouting fans haha ( damn, we call that sort of guys Sjohny's, in Dutch we call it Patsers)
    no that was ofcourse not the reason!!;), i had to leave to catch my train.
    But next time i will visited Robert to!
    Christijan had throwen his helmet in to the public, lucky guy who catched the helmet, that thing costs 16,000 with board radio in it :hehe:, the drivers pay for their own helmets so it costs Minardi nothing, but the funny thing was that people where shouting to Robert to throw his helmet to but he didn't, some little boy came to Robert and asked for his helmet, it was funny, Robert didn't react.
    It was a very cool day and Minardi is the most populair team in F1 in the Netherlands after yesterday!!!!

[Edited on 8/8/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • 16.000 US Dollars for a helmet? I doubt that.

It's funny to see how Robert already seems to be at least as popular as Christijan after just two races.

[Edited on 8/8/2005 by Stan]
  • Robert is not a total new guy, but i have seen more Albers fans yesterday then Doornbos fans (suprised me cause it was Robert his hometown), but what the hell makes the differents???
    It was great and that's what is all about, its not a populairiy contest i think!
    The two are two total diffent persons....

• 16.000 US Dollars for a helmet? I doubt that.
    Michael Schumacher's Schuberth costs him something like $15,000 per helmet.
  • Actually, I think that was that custom made "pilot"-like helmet he ordered, but never used.
  • I seem to recall the newest Schuberths being $15,000.
  • I don't think Albers uses those though ;)

I looked at prices for Bell helmets that are approved for racing (including Formula1), they go between $675 and $900. I don't expect Arai helmets to be a lot more expensive, which I think are the ones Abers uses.

Now if we include radio equipment, let's add $400 or something. Then paint for let's $600. Which would get us somewhere between $1500 and $3000.

Schumacher might, but I don't think Albers' helmet will come close to $15.000
  • Paint I would suspect is a little more than $600. Some guys spend a few grand on that alone.
  • You're right. I just came across an interesting article. It turns out those helmets are indeed nearing prices like 16.000 Euros.

The helmet he spontaneously threw into the public wasn't though. His little "spontaneous" action was STAGED. It was in fact an old (I guess DTM) helmet, slightly updated with the new sponsor logos.

Just a marketing stunt that made me remember why I didn't like CA and his management. The worst thing is, Doornbos looked like a total asshole because he didn't want to throw his real helmet into the crowd.

[Edited on 12/8/2005 by Stan]
  • so what if it was staged, he threw a helmet of his into the public. So what if it's a dtm helmet, he wore it and that is the point. The whole event monaco aan de maas was staged.

CA's intention was to throw a helmet into the public (if you say so a dtm helmet), his intention was not to make an asshole out of doornbos???

or is CA an evil warlord?
  • Touche my friend.

Let's cut the bullshit. They both put on a show and part of it was to toss a race-worn helmet to a lucky fan. Nobody looked like an ass.
  • I still think he's an ass. He was so full of how he spontaneously threw it into the audience in the interview he gave to RTL.
  • Nobody will deny Albers likes himself. At this moment he has the right to do so, because he has really done what was expected, and even more. But to call him an ass? There is no objective meaning in that outing.
  • I'm with snoeper! Albers likes himself and he likes to get the jubilation of a growd, ok ,but he is not an ass. The opposite.

[Edited on 12/8/2005 by Homer]
  • Burn him! Burn Albers at the stake!

But only because I didn't get that helmet. OK, I wasn't there, but that's no excuse!
  • Just imagine anyone would ever tell me I was right about something.
  • now I won't have any albers bashing in here, you hear me?
  • Agreed. Albers is a great driver. Slightly iffy in DTM 2004, where he wasn't half the driver he was in 2003 (but then neither was his 2003 rival Bernd Schneider), but impressive in F1. Hopefully 2006 will bring the return of unreliability in the top teams as they struggle to get to grips with a 2.4 V8.

Stoddart says the Minardi PS05 has 3 seconds a lap of potential left in it. No wonder he's calmed down in recent weeks.
  • now I won't have any albers bashing in here, you hear me?
    And else? ;)
  • Just imagine anyone would ever tell me I was right about something.
    There is a first time for everything.