Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers vs Hakkinen

F1racing.net:
Minardi komt deze maand nog een keer in actie in Nederland. Tijdens het DTM-weekend in Zandvoort zal Christijan Albers zijn kunsten vertonen in een Formule1-auto. De Nederlander gaat een demonstratierace rijden tegen Mika Hakkinen, die zal rijden met zijn DTM-bolide.

Na Monaco aan de Maas in Rotterdam, komt Minardi nu ook in actie op een echt circuit. Voor Albers is het een mooie manier om weer even terug te zijn bij de DTM. Een jaar geleden reed hij nog voor Mercedes, maar nu mag hij het opnemen tegen de wereldkampioen F1 uit 1998 en 1999. De race zal gaan over vijf ronden. De insteek is het aantonen van het verschil tussen de DTM en F1 en natuurlijk het vermaken van het publiek. Wel wil Albers een poging doen het ronderecord te verbreken. Dat staat nog op naam van Luca Badoer.

De race zal verreden worden op 28 augustus op Circuit Park Zandvoort.
Albers will drive his Minardi against Hakkinen's DTMcar at Zandvoort on August 28th. It will be a 5lap race.
Albers wants to break the laprecord that is on the name of Badoer!!!:hehe:

Comments

• uh.. if Albers doesn't win the race, F1 has serious problems.
  • uh.. if Albers doesn't win the race, F1 has serious problems.
    F1...or Minardi.
  • Lets hope Chris would bring the Zandvoort Lap Record back in Dutch hands:D!!!!!!!
  • [quote]uh.. if Albers doesn't win the race, F1 has serious problems.
    F1...or Minardi. [/quote]

We're more or less on the pace of F1, no? If we're slower than a DTM car, the rest of the grid wouldn't be in too good of shape either.
  • Wouldn't it be a handicap race.

The DTM car will have a head start, they do it at the OZ GP. It should be a close race if this is the case. THe V8 that races here only gets caught at the last corner.

• From faenza:

ALBERS RETURNS TO DTM

AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS, August 9, 2005 – Following the participation of the Minardi F1 Team in last Sunday’s spectacular Monaco aan de Maas event in Rotterdam, fans will have a further chance to see the Faenza squad in action on Dutch soil this month, when Christijan Albers makes a special appearance at the Zandvoort round of the DTM (German Touring Car Championship) on Sunday, August 28.

It was announced at a press conference, held this afternoon in Amsterdam, that Albers, an established DTM star before making the move to Formula One with Minardi in 2005, will take part in what is certain to be a crowd-pleasing “F1 versus DTM” event.

The plan calls for the 2003 DTM series runner-up to do a total of five laps in a Minardi Cosworth, following which, another driver with significant F1 connections, Mika Hakkinen, will do a similar number of laps in his DTM Mercedes. Fans will then be invited to guess the difference between the best lap times of Albers and Hakkinen. The five with the closest estimates will win a high-speed run on the famous Dutch coastal circuit in a specially equipped, two-seater Mercedes DTM car with Albers acting as “chauffeur”.

“It should be another great event, and I’m really looking forward to giving the Zandvoort circuit maximum attack with my Minardi Cosworth in front of all the fans,” comments Albers. “It will also be a lot of fun to be back behind the wheel of a DTM car again. I learned a lot while I was in the Series, and I’m sure it helped make the transition to Formula One relatively straightforward – they may have roofs on them and the wheels may be covered, but they are definitely real race cars.”

Minardi Team Principal, Paul Stoddart, says, “This offers another great opportunity for Formula One to make itself more accessible to the fans, so we had no hesitation in making Christijan and one of our Minardi Cosworth chassis available for the special programme at the Zandvoort DTM event. Logistically, the situation is complicated by the fact the team is scheduled to participate in the Monza test on the Thursday and Friday before Zandvoort, but by using some of our British-based personnel, we have been able to accommodate both commitments.”

- Ends -

• From AlbersF1.com:

Update DTM demonstration Zandvoort:
    In contrary to earlier publications the demo will not include a shoot out between a DTM and an F1 car. All attention will go to Christijan attacking the 4-year old track record.

:(