Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Habemus third driver!

According to AtlasF1, Enrico Toccacelo will become our news Friday-driver. Toccacelo finished the F3000-Chapionsship on place 2 behind Liuzzi last year.

Comments

• Toccacelo or Toccaculo?
  • can't be a bad driver then, just hope he has the skills to tune a car.

hope he brings some nice sponsorship :)
    what is his nationality?
  • Hey, I was earlier !!
  • Biker is right, Homer, he gave the news earlier than you, and you f.... his scoop by the vile device of creating a new thread. Du bist eine schwullescheisse.
  • Now, now. I give yyou my word of honour, I did not see his thread before. Just read the news on f1total.com and wrote this thread.
    Du bist eine schwullescheisse.
    Naaaa, first, it has to be "Du bist schwule Scheiße". But what to you want to tell me? Gay shit? Come on, you say things like that in a kindergarten!

If you want to offend a German, you call him Kraut or Nazi. Do better next time.

;)
  • what is the meaning of Kraut?

and what was Tacacelo doing earlier this year?
  • Habemus=We have (it's latin, should be an allusion to "Habemus Papam".

Kraut comes from "Sauerkraut", a food very typical of Germany-

No idea was taccacelo was doing this year, never heard of him.
  • It's confirmed:

TOCCACELO TAKES ON FRIDAY DRIVER ROLE
    FAENZA, ITALY, August 11, 2005

The Minardi F1 Team is today pleased to announce that Enrico Toccacelo is to become the Faenza squad’s official Friday Test and Reserve Driver, commencing at next weekend’s Turkish Grand Prix. The Italian born and domiciled racer thus makes the final step to Formula One after a consistent rise through the lower motor racing formulae, his most impressive achievement to date being his second-place ranking in the final standings of the hard-fought 2004 FIA F3000 International Championship.

“This is a great opportunity for me, although it has all come together so quickly, I still can’t quite believe it,” comments Toccacelo. “This is, however, the moment that all young racing drivers are working towards, and I am determined to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can, while doing the best possible job for the team. Minardi has shown many times that it is an excellent place for a driver to start his Formula One career, and I intend to make the most of this opportunity.”

Minardi F1 Team Principal, Paul Stoddart, says, “We are very pleased to have Enrico join us as official Friday test driver. He has a strong track record in a number of formulae, and this will be an excellent way for him to begin to get to grips with Formula One. I’m equally sure he will soon be able to start providing useful data to the team’s technical staff. The Minardi Cosworth PS05 has already shown that it has considerable potential, and I’m sure the inclusion of Enrico in our driver line-up will help to accelerate the development process.”

ENRICO TOCCACELO – Personal Details
    Date of birth: December 12, 1978
    Born: Rome, Italy
    Lives: Rome, Italy
    Marital status: Single
    Height: 1.83 m
    Weight: 72 kg
    Sports: Skiing, karting
    Hobbies: Cinema, bowling, billiards
    Favourite music: Italian, dance, rock
    Favourite foods: Pasta, pizza, meat

Race Career
    1988-1994 Karting, 35 wins, Italian regional champion

1995 CSAI Federal Driving School

1996 Italian F. Renault Campus Championship, Autosprint and Renault selection, classified 1st

1997 Italian F. Renault Campus Championship, 4th overall (1 win, 3 x 2nd, 2 poles)

1998 Italian Formula 3 Championship, Ravarotto, 11th overall

1999 Italian Formula 3 Championship, Ravarotto, 3rd overall (5 wins, 6 poles)
    Six Hours of Vallelunga, 1st classified ELF

2000 German Formula 3 Championship, Prema Power, 7th overall (1 win, 3 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd, 3 poles)
    Macau Grand Prix (F3), 5th overall
    Korean Grand Prix (F3), 10th overall
    Global Challenge, 4th overall, Top Rookie

2001 European Super Touring Car Championship, Conrero Alfa Romeo 156, 5 races
    Russian Formula 3 Championship, Art Line, 3 races
    FIA F3000 International Championship, Team Astromega, 4 races

2002 FIA F3000 International Championship, Coloni, 9th overall (1 win, 4 x 6th)

2003 FIA F3000 International Championship, Super Nova, 6th overall (1 win, 1 x 3rd, 2 x 5th)
    World Series by Nissan, 2 races

2004 FIA F3000 International Championship, Team BCN, 2nd overall (1 win, 3 x 2nd, 1 pole)

2005 World Series by Renault, Victory Engineering, 5 races (1 win, 3 poles)
    FIA Formula One World Championship, Test Driver, Minardi Cosworth (commencing GP of Turkey)

Editors’ Note: Further information concerning Enrico Toccacelo is available at www.enricotoccacelo.com
  • @Biker: But my title was cooler
    Klugscheisser!! ;)

Don't yoy know the latin for 'third driver'?

I'l have a go.... habemus trientis cisarium. Maybe one of our Italian friends can correct me. :D
  • 2004 F3000 DRIVER STANDING:

1 Vitantonio Liuzzi, Arden International Motorsport, 7 wins, 70 points
    2 Enrico Toccacello, BCN Competicion, 1 win, 56 points
    3 Robert Doornbos, Arden International Motorsport, 44 points
    4 Enge 38
    5 Friesacher 33

Interesting names!

BTW: Enrico loves bowling!! I'm an expert on that subject :P
  • Don't yoy know the latin for 'third driver'?
    I'm not really good in latin.... thanks god my teacher doesn't realize it.

:hehe:
  • Toccacelo was driving in the World Series by Renault this year where everyone has been crushed by Robert Kubica so far - the best race driver Poland ever had. Remember that name, the kid is the real deal!
  • It should be "Habemus tertium conductorem".
    Homer is probably still in ecstasy after the election of Herr Ratzinger.

By the way, he is 183 centimeters tall. I don't think this is a good thing!

Why did we not keep Nissany, I think the boy can have a serious future in F1!:hehe::hehe:

[Edited on 11/8/2005 by manlio27]
  • Homer is probably still in ecstasy after the election of Herr Ratzinger.
    You joking???

This one would have been a great pope.... *sigh*
  • Well, accept it, this is our next 'pope':
  • I am very pleased by this signing. I am getting tired of all the calls for novelty test drivers - yes they are good for marketing in certain areas and possibly bring in some much needed funds. HOWEVER, I believe it is way more important that we have a skilled, competent Boy Friday to help speed up the process of car dev. Inaddition, this might be an indication of GCM's involvement. Maybe , as he is the Driver Developement Chief, we will see him both at the track and at the future tests.

• Well said Quig lets hope the guy can provide some useful feedback as well as cash.
  • Hopefully a good signing that will help the team as well as provide a bit of cash!!
  • Toccacelo did veeeery well in the past seasons, he's talented and I'm sure there's GCM's hand on this thing.

Habemus tertium conductorem" should be the right version.

Read back the second post on this topic. It's manlio's.
    "Toccacelo" in italian sounds like "touches heaven"
    "Toccaculo" like manlio wrote means "touches arse"
    Manlio, you're hopeless:hehe:
  • 2004 F3000 DRIVER STANDING:

1 Vitantonio Liuzzi, Arden International Motorsport, 7 wins, 70 points
    2 Enrico Toccacello, BCN Competicion, 1 win, 56 points
    3 Robert Doornbos, Arden International Motorsport, 44 points
    4 Enge 38
    5 Friesacher 33

Interesting names!
    And all of them have found their way to F1. Only Toccacelo is yet to race.

Enge is performing reasonably in the IRL, the series where they go round and round and round and round and get dizzy.
  • Habemus tertium conductorem" should be the right version
    Indeed children, note the accusative (4th case) habere can also be used in the sense "i think he is" with a double accusative

I think manlio is crazy

becomes

Manlium virum delirum habeo

• Enge is performing reasonably in the IRL, the series where they go round and round and round and round and get dizzy.
    I'd say reasonably well is an overstatement... He's terrible. The IRL races on road courses too now.
  • Indeed they do (and as a keen viewer of IRL I have no idea why I didn't mention that, but hey ho).

Tomas Enge isn't doing a stellar job like Dan Wheldon, but he isn't doing as badly as A J Foyt IV. Watching the coverage, I'm mystified as to now how to pronounce Enge's name. The commentators prefer 'Toe-mas En-gie' to how I've been used to hearing it, 'Thomas Eng-a'.

Somebody enlighten me. Please.
  • Eng-a is right, I'm pretty sure.

Enge has much better equiptment than Foyt IV though. Look at Schekter, his teammate. He's fast everywhere.
  • I know that Enge can score some serious pot.
  • I can confirm that I too have heard such rumors, Quigley. I can't confirm it firsthand though. ;)
  • 'Allegedly.' ;)

Helped make him lose the F3000 title, that drugs test.

I remember Enge getting outqualified by Alonso in F1 US 2001 GP. Alonso also outqualified Villeneuve, mind.
  • Favourite foods: Pasta, pizza, meat
    Good to have another carnavoir driver.

We don't need any vegetarians on this team.

Glad we got rid of Kiesa.

If I wanted to eat a vegtable, I'll go down to the old folks home.