Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

transfering something via ftp

Anyone here know what they're doing? Honestly, I know 2/5ths of fuck all when it comes to computers, unless it's running data logging software!

Anyways, I need to send some things through to RJ for FM but I havent a clue how. Anyone here able to help?

Comments

• Sorry...I'm an even bigger nitwit. I would use an envelope;)
  • Just email stuff through RJs forzaminardi address under "Contact", on the Minardi menu left of this panel.

RJ can then tell you if there's a better way.

Spin
  • To keep it simple you could try this:

1) In the explorer address bar type: ftp://insert-address-tof-ftp-here
    2) It will most likely ask you for a username or password.
    3) When that's done, you will probably be able to make a new folder, and drag your stuff to it.

If this doesn't work, the FTP probably requires PASV mode, which I don't think explorer supports. You will need a special FTP client in that case.

But first try this, good luck! :)

[Edited on 15/8/2005 by Stan]
  • hmm...didn't work Stan. That envelope option is sounding pretty good! :D

I can't send it to his e-mail because he's on dialup and it takes too long to upload.
  • Ack, well... I could give you a temporary FTP account on my domain if I knew how to contact you outside of this forum.
  • Why doesn't RJ just set up an account for Brooksey..? :angel:
  • I think he already gave Brooksey a username and password? Which didn't work...

But now you mention it, I just assumed he had them, if he doesn't have them it will be very hard to upload anything at al.. ;)
  • You could always just get an account on Geocities, Freewebs, etc and just upload to there if you're just trying to upload them so he can get to them.
  • By the time he gets the data to RJ it will be next season!
  • Never mind. I figured out how to work FTP and have the stuff to do it. Now just waiting on RJ to send info.