Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

B.A.R.richello

Confirmed!
BAR Honda has announced today that Rubens Barrichello has signed with the British team. The Brazilian signed a multi-year deal from 2006 onwards. Rubens Barrichello joins BAR from Ferrari where he has been part of the team which has won give Formula One Constructors' World Championships in the last five years.

Since his F1 debut in 1993, Rubens has driven for Stewart Grand Prix, Jordan and Ferrari, and amassed 482 Drivers' Championship points from his participation in 212 grands prix. Rubens has won nine races and has scored 61 podium positions.

Rubens Barrichello commented about signing at BAR: "I am very excited to confirm that I will be joining BAR Honda in 2006. I wish to thank everyone at Ferrari for six fantastic years. I have won many races with them and I am proud to have helped the team, to date, to win five Constructors' World Championships."

"However my target remains winning the Drivers' title and to achieve that I felt that I needed a renewed motivation. I have been watching B*A*R Honda's progress for some time and have been struck by the spirit and determination of a team that has all the right ingredients to win races and go on to win World Championships. I can't think of anything more exciting than working with the team and Honda to achieve our shared ambitions together. Obviously I have a job to do at Ferrari until the end of the season, but I am very happy about the fantastic times that I know still lie ahead."

Nick Fry, Chief Executive Officer of the BAR team commented: "Signing Rubens represents another exciting milestone in BAR Honda's development and in Rubens' own career. This is a strong and successful team that is determined to achieve its World Championship ambitions and we are confident that these will be realised soon. Rubens is not only an excellent driver, but he has the experience of building a race and Championship winning team and these skills are very important as we work to take BAR Honda to the next level. The fact that we have developed so quickly to become an attractive proposition to drivers of Rubens' standing is a fantastic credit to the team. We are delighted that Rubens recognises our enormous potential and wishes to help us realise our dream in the not too distant future. I would also like to thank Ferrari for all of their cooperation in allowing Rubens to join us next year."

It seems BAR wants a proven winner as their nº 1 driver, for when Buton leaves the squad!!!

Comments

• I think you've underlined the important bits.

• LOL, yeah I clicked on URL instead of Quote !!!!:D
  • :D:D:D:D
  • Glad to see it. He's taken Ferrari's cash to be their bitch for long enough, now we might see Rubens really step it up.
  • Or fail miserably. :hehe:
  • I sincerely hope that he shows some balls this time otherwise he'll be called the BARmaid...............
  • It makes sense now as to why Shumi was so agressive out of the pits for the US GP.
  • No, Schumi's just an arsehole. :spank:
  • An arsehole with more WDC's than you can count on one hand. :hehe:
  • It's not whether you win, its how you win that counts. A victorious arsehole is still an arsehole, and that's what matters.
  • I hate to say it, but that's the way most loosers think about it (logically) :hehe:
  • Proud to be a loser, then.
  • Silverghost: I had to think about your statement this evening during the 'friendly' soccergame Holland-Germany this evening. The Dutch played awesome the first 30 minutes and made the Germans look like clowns ( no offence Clown :hehe: ), They should have scored at least 3 goals, but they only managed 1. After halftime it became 2-0, another beautiful goal.Typically Dutch - and I'm proud to be one ! - they seem to find the way to win - with glory - more important than the win itself. End of story: 2-2 a draw...... :spank:
    I am really sick of it. 'We' should have beaten those Germans. Instead of that we are the clowns now. I hate it!
  • Na, come on. It was a good match and remember that some of our best players were missing.
  • Most of your players on the pitch missed the match !!