Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Turkey GP

2»

Comments

• Bravo Bobby, Forza Minardi!
  • Good race.

Albers running head to tail with Villeneuve and Ralf, all being held up by Narrain; Doorknobs getting away quicker than Villeneuve at the start; you've gotta love it.

It is so good to watch Minardi without the embarassment of them disappearing on the first lap. Judas are definitely in trouble.
  • Great result for the team. It is again interesting to look at the fastest lap times, as this was the first time this season (with the exception of Monaco) that a Minardi has not set slowest and second slowest times.

The Macs were in a league of their own, significantly faster than their closest rivals Renault. Most of the teams appear to have lost ground to the McLarens when compared to the previous race. Minardi was one of the few teams who increased their pace relative to the fastest lap time (the only other team was BAR).

Also Doornbos’ fastest time was set on lap number 53 which shows the car improving as the race progressed, which has not normally been the case this year.

All in all things are looking positive.
  • WOW! .. what a sweet track!
  • Nice track, like it. More importantly, GO MINARDI!!!!!!!

Good to see both boys racing hard with other teams and not just themsleves. Doornboss reckoned he could've kept going as far as tyre wear was concerned. Bad luck for CA, would've been nice to have a P12-13 finish, especially in front of those yellow chuckwagons. If we're going this well and they say there's another 2-3secs in the car, things are looking up indeed.

Well done to the whole team. For those that get practice, how did young Toca, Choco, the young tobelerone bloke go? You know his name there's no need for me to repeat it.
  • Oh yes there is ...

Those boys earn their money; at the start Schumi goes right and stays out of trouble until getting boxed in by his future team-mate. His onboard shots of the Minardi boys, even in slow-mo, are awesome. They zoom past giving no quarter.

Why is Minardi 1.5 slower in quali?

David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 1:29.764

13 3 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:30.063

DSQ 4 Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:30.175

15 18 Tiago Monteiro Jordan-Toyota 1:30.710

16 21 Christijan Albers Minardi-Cosworth 1:32.186

Are we getting even tougher rubber (explaining the race durability)?

# JPM on the last lap - love you JP but will you ever be world champ? I now doubt it. You won't even be on Kimi's Christmas card list.

# Webber's move was legit, I think. Racing incident. I'm sure Schumi lost track of him as he was ducking and diving behind.

# poor old Sato.

# poor old Fisico. Even when things are going well he panics (ie running wide in opening laps). No confidence in himself.

# well done Tilke. Turn eight is all left but it is similar to Becketts and the Suzuka 'esses' - if you get one part of it wrong you've severely cocked up your lap. The driver really makes a difference here and, of the new circuits, this is the best. Shanghai is not as satisfying. At Turkey (as with Silverstone, Spa, Suzuka) attacking moves can last several corners.
  • What, Turkey has a GP?

• Villeneuve stated to Dutch TV: "Those Minardi's are hard to pass, somehow they are really quick down the straight" (he had a really funny surprised look on his face.. haha)

:hehe:
  • By the way.... after the race Doornbos told the Dutch pitreporter that "we have a new engine at the next race.. so we will be faster then"

Does anyone know if he means a new spec or just a fresh 'regular' one?
  • Printscreen: I believe he means a fresh engine.

Viges: Jordan was 1,5 sec faster in qualifying because they used the soft tyres. They wanted to make sure they wouldn't be outqualified again by Minardi !!!!!!!!
    Of course they knew those tyres weren't the right choice for the race, but it was all about not losing the appearance of being faster in qualifying !!!!!
  • Clarifying a point. Jordan were around 3 tenths faster than Minardi in the race going on fastes lap times. The B spec Jordan is around 8 tenths quicker than the old model, which will put Minardi around a second in arrears.
    I'd take the statement that there's 3 seconds development in the Minardi chassis with a large pinch of salt. Whats the baseline? Is it from the time the car first hit the track?
  • Honking a few facts out...

1. Cosworth are giving Red Bull acing a new spec engine for Monza. Perhaps we might get the spec Red Bull have been using until now (it would make sense).

2. Tiago Montiero 'won a toss of the coin' to decide who was going to drive the sole EJ15B in Monza. So say Autosport magazine. Should get a decent comparison there then.

3. Minardis probably had a better Bridgestone spec than Ferrari in Turkey, although we still had a problem that affected BAR and Renault in hungary- the tyre was only good after 50 laps.

Considering we've hardly tested this season (thankyou, by the way, to Max Mosley, who's kept the friday third car rule for 2006- that will genuinely help us. I guess Mosley isn't a complete berk then), the PS05 probably does have 3 seconds a lap of development left.

Autosport magazine (yes, them again) also focussed on the new development parts for Minardi in Turkey, including changes made to the rear wing and the sidepods.

No, I don't work for Autosport magazine. :cool:
  • Clarifying a point. Jordan were around 3 tenths faster than Minardi in the race going on fastes lap times. The B spec Jordan is around 8 tenths quicker than the old model, which will put Minardi around a second in arrears.
    I'd take the statement that there's 3 seconds development in the Minardi chassis with a large pinch of salt. Whats the baseline? Is it from the time the car first hit the track?
    Oh puhleaaaase. 8 tenths is straight out of Narain Karthikeyan's mouth. Talk about salt grains..
  • Which staement is more outlandish? Saying a revised package wil have an 8/10 advantage or stating that there's 3 s development in chassis alone?
  • both are ridiculous, but of course you look at Narain's comment as gospel. :rolleyes:
  • Cosworth are giving Red Bull acing a new spec engine for Monza. Perhaps we might get the spec Red Bull have been using until now (it would make sense).
    I haven't heard that anywhere. Maybe RBR are only getting "fresh" engines in Monza ?????

Doornbos also talked about getting a new spec engine in Monza, but I imagined he chose the wrong words and was getting a "fresh" one.

Who knows ?????

At least the Cowsorth website doesn't say any upgrade on the TJ12 engine !!!
  • Spot on P1.

Any amount of time that the B-spec makes up is useless when their car melts engines.
  • Side-topic:

No. of engine changes (forcing a 10 place drop on the grid) Cosworth teams have been forced to make because of an engine failure this season: 0.

For Jordan-Toyota, that figure is around 8.

(Ferrari is around 5!)
  • Jordans problem with the Toyo engines is due to a lack of time to solve the chassis intehreation. I'm sure thats been solved no. Just have a look at the difference in pace at Monza. Yes its testing, but over long runs there's a big gap to Minardi.