Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Monza Test Thursday

We will be at Monza tomorrow - Thursday. No idea about Friday but hopefully so.

Good luck boys!

Comments

• When I was at Hockenheim, they spoke about two days of testing....
  • I hope it is for the two days and Channoch does not drive the car!!!
  • I think he is .... retired.
  • No superliscense for him. No mor Nissany
  • Hope we cashed the check first!
  • See my last post in this thread: http://www.forzaminardi.com/modules.php?name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=1206
    Click on the link there and you will see that Minardi also tests on Friday !!;)
  • I guess it's pouring down??
  • Looks like it. Should be interesting to see if we run or not. Obviously we can benefit from any running at all and we don't have to worry about saving testing days. On the other hand, we could gain more from some dry testing and it wouldn't be as big of a loss to us to postpone the test, since it's in Italy..
  • seems like we've got a new sponsor :D

the winner is MexOil, check it out

http://www.f1racing.net/en/photolarge.php?photoID=50550&catID=1659
  • seems like we've got a new sponsor
    Doesn't seem to be that new. Googling gave this result:
    27/09/2004

La Mexoil S.r.l. affida a Creativitalia Consulting lo sviluppo e la promozione nei motori di ricerca del nuovo sito web istituzionale.

Mexoil S.r.l. con sede a Nocera Inferiore (SA), azienda leader nel settore della produzione di oli e lubrificanti motori, partner tecnico e sponso della Minardi F1, ha commissionato a Creativitalia Consulting il rifacimento del sito Web in lingua italiana, inglese e francese, la piattaforma e-commerce B2C e B2B ed il posizionamento per un anno in testa nei motori di ricerca italiani ed internazionali.
  • oh, it has been a sponso before then, nice they have come back
  • it's become sort of a tradition that Mexoil sponsors Minardi for the Monza GP !!!!
  • Good to see them back. I figured they'd be gone with Gimmi.
  • I present to you the pic of the day (at Monza test 25.08.08) :

• YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The MAN is there so the test will be even better!
  • Quig go to F1racing.net and click on today's test's picture gallery.

There are more pics of GCM there !!!
  • Montoya; 1:19.814

Robert: 1:22.258
    Tiago: 1:23.385
    Kiesa; 1:24.802

Very, very good!
  • Minardus - thanks! Looks like he is being interviewed. We need one of our italian friends to scan their press for the interview.

Any takers?
  • Where can times be found, please?
  • Toyota V8s were clocked doing 1:29s laps! Early days I know, but that's reaaaaaaaally slow!
  • Strange but F1Racing.net has different results... It shows that Robert managed only 1:24.794... :(

That is more than two seconds slower than the results of F1Total.com and almost five seconds slower than Montoya...

So which results should we believe?

http://www.f1racing.nl/en/testresults.php?testID=275
  • Let's wait for minardi.it...
  • wait no more!

MINARDI LAUNCHES INTO MONZA TEST

MONZA, ITALY, August 25, 2005 – The Minardi F1 Team today joined the major test under way at the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza ahead of next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix. The Faenza squad has allocated a single Minardi Cosworth PS05 chassis to the planned two-day session, with Robert Doornbos driving today, and team mate, Christijan Albers, at the wheel on Friday. Recently, the team has made good progress with the PS05 chassis, which was introduced in April, at the San Marino Grand Prix. The purpose of the test is to work on developing a suitable chassis set-up for the Monza circuit, and to that end, Minardi technical personnel are also taking the opportunity to assess several new aerodynamic components relevant to this high-speed track.

ROBERT DOORNBOS Best lap: 1 min 24.796 secs Total laps: 79
    “I was really looking forward to spending a full day testing with the Minardi team, and was determined that we should get the best out of it. I think we have done just that. We had the opportunity to work with the team in a different way from race weekends, when there is more pressure. Now we can sit down and have a good look at the data. It has also been useful for me personally, as I know the track pretty well now, after 79 laps. We have developed a good set-up for the car, so thanks to all the guys. Everyone looks happy, and so am I.”

MASSIMO RIVOLA, Sporting Director and Team Manager
    “I think we’ve had a very good first day at this test. We were able to complete many laps, with Robert driving at an extremely consistent pace, which is exactly what was required. As a result, we have acquired considerable useful aerodynamic and tyre data. In that regard, we would like to thank Bridgestone for once again providing us with a good choice of tyres. We made some excellent progress this afternoon, especially considering the fuel load and engine mode we were using. We were also impressed with Robert’s physical condition at the end of a hard day’s testing – it is clearly very good. Finally, a special word of thanks goes to the Minardi personnel. It is unbelievable to think they only arrived at Monza at 8pm yesterday, and we were able to go out on track with the car at 9am today. The guys did an amazing job to set up the garage completely overnight, so thanks very much to all of them. It has been a great team effort. Bravi ragazzi!”

- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details
    Weather: Warm, sunny, becoming overcast
    Air temperature: 23-27 deg C Total number of testing days used this season: 5
    Track temperature: 25-39 deg C Total team testing distance covered this season: 2116.7 km

Driver: Robert Doornbos (NL)
    Chassis allocation: PS05/03
    Distance covered: 457.6 km

• :(

So we weren't one secound faster than Jordan.
  • Hi Grinch,

Welcome on forzaminardi! But plz use another avatar.
    Thanks.

Greetings,
    Vuurmuur
  • In that regard, we would like to thank Bridgestone for once again providing us with a good choice of tyres
    is this ironic?
  • First time for everything.
  • well, the engine is tuned down a bit to last longer, so I expect to get closer to the jordans in the actual race weekend

You have to be carful comparing test times - you never know what is being tested.

...but - The tyres look pretty worn - I would guess that Doorbos was doing long runs. If that was the case the times may be quite reasonable.