Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Chris and Bobby to stay?

Autosport says we could well keep our drivers for next year - funds in place and all that.

It would be the first time in years (ever?) that Minardi has retained a line-up.

Comments

• Although it would be great. I think Albers wouldn't want to stay at Minardi. Every interview he seems to do recently he drops hints about wanting to go elsewhere and such. I know we have to be realistic. But although ranking wise we're ranked 10th in F1 that still means we have on offer the 19th and 20th best driving seats in the world. So Albers obviously is thinking bigger for 2006 and if he has to settle for Minardi. Would that be a good thing. Arrogance in a team is not good and people working within a team who think that they are better than those around them are going to cause problems.

Doornbos didn't have the funds for a drive in F1 this year. It wasn't until Minardi got desperate and needed a driver fast that he stepped in. Plus his management doesn't fill me with confidence.

I propose we claim that we have a contract with Button and get some money out of Fry. The way the press are working though, Kimi could be on his way.

• I propose we claim that we have a contract with Button and get some money out of Fry. The way the press are working though, Kimi could be on his way.
    I like your Idea!
  • From what Alber's is saying, it sounds that he rates the Midland package for 06 higher than Minardi's.
    In any event I suspect Tocaccello is in line for one of the race seats.
  • Tocacello doesn't seem to have many (or any big) sponsors.
  • indeed, I wouldn't go for toccacelo
  • Autosport did claim it was the first time ever that drivers had been carried over, but they are wrong. Martini joined Sala midway through 88, and they stayed to the end of 89.

This is just the usual Stoddart spin. Nothing wrong with that, it is part of his job to pay that game. Schnaider and the Dentist are doing the same thing, setting out their stall for Albers and rubbishing Doorknobs to swing over the sponsors to their man.

You can't take this stuff seriously. Or the 20 days testing.
  • Correctamundo! We were supposed to have 20 days of testing this year weren't we? I think we are pushing 5 or 6 as of now.
  • Well if stey said year (and not season), then we still have 4 month left to do 14 more days of testing !!;)