Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Monza Test Friday

Have we lost the chimneys?? or have I missed this configuration before?

looks like our 3rd driver is there too:)

Comments

• maybe to replace albers who is a bit sick
    and it seems we're working hard on the aero

[Edited on 26/8/2005 by snoeper]
  • My guess is that the chimneys may be affecting the downforce and since this is a low downforce track they are testing how things go without them.

Anyway it is great to see some development going on.
  • Monza is a hi-speed track. Those chimney's produce a lot of 'drag'. Downforce is of less importance here. It's straight-line speed what you need.
  • It sure looks streamlined !!!

Maybe Toccacello will drive some laps in the afternoon.

Notice the abscence of the spoiler which is usually mounted between the rear-tyres at the lower-end of the engine-cover. The teams also use a 'normal', uncurved rear wing.
  • Single element rear wings look so cool.
  • 1 F. Alonso Renault 01:20.427 81
    2 T. Sato BAR 01:20.720 87
    3 G. Fisichella Renault 01:21.192 64
    4 A. Davidson BAR 01:21.275 103
    5 J. Trulli Toyota 01:21.353 113
    6 M. Schumacher Ferrari 01:21.399 77
    7 D. Coulthard Red Bull 01:21.604 128
    8 N. Rosberg Williams 01:21.632 60
    9 N. Heidfeld Williams 01:21.731 51
    10 C. Klien Red Bull 01:22.083 55
    11 F. Massa Sauber 01:22.092 75
    12 L. Badoer Ferrari 01:22.180 81
    13 A. Carroll BAR 01:22.410 78
    14 N. Karthikeyan Jordan 01:22.649 71
    15 C. Albers Minardi 01:24.06 99
  • MINARDI COMPLETES SUCCESSFUL MONZA TEST

MONZA, ITALY, August 26, 2005 – The Minardi F1 Team this afternoon concluded a two-day test at the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, scene of next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix. With Christijan Albers taking over the driving duties from team mate, Robert Doornbos, the Faenza squad’s technical staff once again focused on chassis set-up work, tyre evaluation and the assessment of new aerodynamic components. Albers covered a total of 99 laps in the course of the morning and afternoon sessions, bringing the total distance covered in the course of the two days to 1031.1 kms.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS Best lap: 1 min 24.006 secs Total laps: 99
    “We had a really good day today. We made a big step forward, especially considering that this is the first time I’ve run at Monza and I didn’t know the track. We started this morning recording immediately a good lap time and we have improved on this during the day by working intensively on the car. Traffic at the end of the session did not allow me to achieve a time as quick as we could have, but it’s important to know that the car has the potential to go quicker. I think we can consider ourselves definitely satisfied”.

MASSIMO RIVOLA, Sporting Director and Team Manager
    “It has been another good day for Minardi. We covered a lot of laps, and again carried out work on different aerodynamic packages and assessed various tyre options. Considering Christijan was not feeling 100 per cent well today, he did the usual professional job we’ve come to expect. In total, we’ve covered 1000 km over the two days of this test without encountering any significant technical problems, which seems to indicate we’ve made a good step forward in terms of reliability. It has definitely been a useful test, and sets us up well in terms of our preparations for next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix.”

- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details
    Date: August 26, 2005
    Weather: Sunny with occasional cloudy spells
    Air temperature: 22-28 deg C
    Track temperature: 24-41 deg C

Driver: Christijan Albers (NL)
    Chassis allocation: PS05/03
    Distance covered: 573.5 km

Total number of testing days used this season: 6
    Total team testing distance covered this season: 2690.2 km
  • So what was Enrico doing all the day?
  • Feeding Albers some cough mixture and giving him some tissues?

Toccacelo probably just did some installation laps.

Testing times then...so I'm expected to believe the EJ15B is only 1.2 seconds slower than Schumacher's Ferrari then?

Aw, why couldn't we do 100 laps?
  • I think Toccacelo was just having a proper seat fitting as he said in Turkey that he hadn't had time to get really comfortable in his seat
  • What jk said. Instead of waiting to do the usual sit fitting process on the race weekend, why not get it out of the way now?
  • That PS05 is starting to look extremely cool. Just needs to be 2 secs a lap quicker, and I'll be happy.
  • At least, he has a new helmet-design

mhmmhm reminds me of strawberry-ice-cream. :P
  • That PS05 is starting to look extremely cool. Just needs to be 2 secs a lap quicker, and I'll be happy.
    Yeah I agree, it looks realy cool!
  • The Car looks great, the helmets look great, everything looks great. But i'd rather the cars were going so fast that it was just all one big blurrrrrrrrr.

If this new Jordan is as quick as these times suggest. Then we're in some, big, big trouble for next season and for the rest of this season. Big trouble.
  • I'm praying Jordan were running on fumes....
  • Agree with Willie, would like the car to get a little faster....but it is difficult to tell the improvement from a testing session. Am happy to see that there is some progress on the aerodynamics line.

The new cooling gills look great. If only looks counted....
  • Now thats a really cool photo jello