Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Red Bull - Minardi

Comments

• guys, guys. Like I said: Don't start crying just yet.

Because:

It never was DC's year, Silverstone is still on the calendar and Rubens was never given the chance to hit it at Ferrari.

Minardi won't die.
  • "Red Bull's plans are believed to include using this year's Red Bull Racing chassis for the Minardi project next season."

If this be the case then Minardi is done. A Minardi is only a Minardi if it is a Minardi.
    To buy a ready made chassis would have been a plan one way or the other once regulations allow it. I don't know what's better, a PS04/PS03 or an old Jaguar chassis which could be improved by our engineers.
  • My view, as I've repeatedly said, is a pragmatic one. Buy the chassis if it is a clearly better option than doing it ourselves. We don't manufacture all the nuts and bolts ourselves, neither do we make our own tires, but hey - it's still a Minardi.

As long as we have the possibility to tune, adjust and develop the chassis in-house it's fine by me.
  • It wouldn't be like that, though. Mateschitz and Marko choosing the drivers, last year's Red Bull painted in some horrendous livery, TOIT V8s from 2007, any staff with promise whisked off to Milton Keynes, GCM out of the picture, no manufacturing at Faenza - please, NO!

If they kept it in Faenza, kept GCM, kept the Minardi name, and built their own cars, I'd be suspicious, but still stay a fan. Anything less, I'd seriously consider my options.

But could you really see yourselves cheering on any of those other teams? Williams have a charming way of shooting themselves in the arse, and McLaren are an intiguing mix of Evil Empire and Keystone Cops, but really, it wouldn't be the same as cheering on the Minardi boys.
  • But could you really see yourselves cheering on any of those other teams?
    No.
  • It would be nice to make the 1000 post mark. But if they rename the team within a couple of months. ;)

• But could you really see yourselves cheering on any of those other teams? Williams have a charming way of shooting themselves in the arse, and McLaren are an intiguing mix of Evil Empire and Keystone Cops, but really, it wouldn't be the same as cheering on the Minardi boys.
    In the short time i've been a member of ForzaMinardi I've enjoyed it 100 x more than the 5-6 years of supporting Williams (albeit in hindsight!)

Minardi cannot die! FORZA!!!
  • People relax...........

It looks as if Red Bull may only want a part share.

But really think about it, from a business point of view.

What is Paul trying to do?

1. Secure the jobs of friends he works with.
    2. Sell a part share of the team he owns. A little like Sauber with Credit Swiss, a little like other teams.
    3 Keep the team going on instead of to the wall.

I really can't see Red Bull buying a second team. A controlling interest or part share yes, but really another team.

I think this is far fetched.....I hope.

And I can't see them naming the team other than "Minardi".

Imagine from a marketing view (And that's what Mateschitch is, a marketer) if there were two red bull teams....callled red bull. Doesn't make sense does it.

I can almost guarentee that the Minardi name will stay, sure it'll have a Red bull on the end of it, or in front of it, but hey that's business.

the spirit, the people who make our team what it is will still be there. Are we willing to give up on the people who make our team what it is so easily?

I can't. I'll stick with the team through thick and thin and I am disappointed that all aren't.

Also from a political point of view we are screwed. We can't side with the manufacturers, because we aren't one and Red Bull, Ferrari and Jordan have already signed with Bernie. So we are screwed if we don't take a position and secure our future.

I am sure we'll have some disagree and that's fine, but I will always support this team. Just don't call yourselves Team USA. And I am trusting that there is better judgement out there.
  • I thought this rumour was far fetched but now Mateschitz said "I know that I said that I was not planning to buy another team but you know I change my mind very quickly and a takeover of the Minardi team would not be unlogical".
    :(

I hope he will change his mind one more time.
  • We can only speculate at the moment but... Let's say Mateschitz buys that majority stake from Stoddart, doesn't change the name and the team stays at Faenza. Where does it leave Minardi?
    After the Sauber buyout the only competitors that RBR will be actually racing next year are Midland and... Minardi. Maybe Williams as well.
    The point is that with the takeover there is no way Mateschitz will care much about our competitiveness and for sure will never allow Minardi to race his Red Bulls. And I think that should be the aim for the team instead of only fighting with that joke of a team Midland.
    Oops, forgot we get V10's next year so 10th place for Minardi booked already :spank:
  • We're near the end, I guess.
    I'm very pissed off.
    I won't say anything else till this story gets clear.
    Me too :(

• I red somewhere that Red Bull's goal is to win races within three years. Sounds a little bit too optimistic.
  • All this reminds me a bit too much of the stories that went about Jordan being sold last year. Almost all of their diehard-fans had a neverending trust in EJ, 'he would never sell the name, the history, would be the protector of the staff, stories about selling never turned around to be true' etc. etc.
    But I'm afraid it's all about money nowadays and emotional values aren't that important in business.

We have to wait and hope (and some of us may pray).
  • Forza Team USA just doesn't have the same ring to it...:(

Forza Minardi!
  • POINTS TO PONDER

Some of this makes sense and some of it doesn't. Just the usual then. But ponder this

Redbull will be Ferrari powered next year and maybe considering moving to Italy themselves. Redbull isn't English remember. They have just inherited this nationality on the F1 grid.

Also the idea of running the Redbull chassis next year is going to be a silly idea. Michellin are trying to get rid of teams. I can't see that Chassis on Bridgestones being any good. Also the PS05 is a thing of beauty. I'm sure with some help from Redbull that they could make it fast aswell. I cannot see Redbull getting rid of the Minardi name.

He just needs a couple of race seats for his drivers and wants to slap some Redbull stickers where those'OZJET' stickers are. Let it happen. It will be great for the team.

I just think that we are scared of success. Part of the romance of Minardi is that they're at the back of the grid battling for survival, struggling against the odds. The fact that Mateschitz is willing to give us some decent backing and we're running scared cause we might get a few results.

I suppose it won't be the ideal way to earn decent results. Even if this does happen and we keep the Minardi name and everything else. I still could imagine some jumping ship.

FORZA MINARDI
  • some very good points, well said
  • No one here is running scared of good results. We all crave ultimate and crushing victory - but for Minardi, not Red Bull Light.
  • I belive red bull have a wind tunnel in the UK and there isn't one at Faenza do I doubt red bull will relocate.

Ive just had a look at the unofficial Red bull site and found this:-
    the article in full by Jonathan Noble:

Red Bull will decide by next weekend about whether to buy a controlling interest in Minardi after agreeing an option with the team at Monza, Autosport-Atlas has learned.

Sources claim that Minardi boss Paul Stoddart has agreed a preliminary deal with the energy drinks company that could lead to a takeover of the team by the start of next season.

The option signed by Red Bull gives them until the Belgian Grand Prix to examine the Faenza team's financial situation in more detail before deciding whether to definitely go ahead with the plan.

The agreement also includes a clause that prevents the Italian outfit from continuing negotiations with any other interested party until Red Bull have made a final decision.

It is understood that Red Bull are keen to take over Minardi to help provide a berth for some of the younger drivers that the company are bringing on.

One suggestion is that if the deal goes ahead then test driver Scott Speed plus whoever out of Vitantonio Liuzzi or Christian Klien that does not land a 2006 deal with Red Bull Racing will drive for the team.

Red Bull's plans are believed to include using this year's Red Bull Racing chassis for the Minardi project next season.

This would mean that there would not be the expense of building a second car for the Minardi project – and it makes sense in design terms because Minardi have a deal to run the same Cosworth V10 engines in 2006 that the RB1 is designed around.

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone is believed to be keen for the deal to go through – especially as it would likely provide another ally in his bid to get teams signed up to the sport from the start of 2008.

Minardi boss Paul Stoddart said at the weekend that he could see himself putting a deal together with Red Bull – although insisted that nothing had definitely been agreed.

"I have heard the Red Bull rumours and they are the kind of serious people that I would talk to," he said about Red Bull taking over the team. "But at the moment the story doesn't have any legs - although that is not to say it won't have in the future.

"If the price was right and it was good for the future of the team I would sell."
  • Oh my....this is not good.
  • Hmm, well, would it have been any different as Flav's junior team?

I realise the fundamentalists here want Faenza to make everything but I am with The Driver on this one. If Faenza is kept for some tweaking and add ons and preparation, if it's called Minardi, I will cheer them on. It would be very sad not to build the whole thing but where has it got us? We wait and wait for even a medium-sized sponsor and, guess what, they ain't coming.

It really is the best we can hope for. Otherwise we are into Midland territory and that would cue the Minardi obits.
  • fully agree but if they dare to call it Team USA....
  • I have no problem with the team deciding to buy a particular chassis or do a deal for a supply for x number of years.

What I am dreading is a situation where Minardi are subservient to another team.

I don't want someones cast off drivers or have to toe-the-line to another teams interests.

I've still not seen a report from grandprix.com or pitpass so I shall keep hoping that this stays at the rumour level and never materialises.

• Atlas is a bit more reliable than those two sites and they seem to be giving the story legs..
  • all we can do is wait and see
  • Yikes! This sounds suspiciously like Arrows 2002 when Dietrich wanted to turn that team into the All American Whatevers. I don't think when he looks at the books it'll be run for the hills time as I think Paul has been a pretty good custodian of the cash register. 'Til there's a press conference though..................just rumors.
  • Yikes! This sounds suspiciously like Arrows 2002 when Dietrich wanted to turn that team into the All American Whatevers. I don't think when he looks at the books it'll be run for the hills time as I think Paul has been a pretty good custodian of the cash register. 'Til there's a press conference though..................just rumors.
    But if Red Bull don't like the finance situation and decide not to continue, that might scare away other potential buyers as well?

Other buyers may have the opinion "well if red bull didn't buy, then there must be something wrong with the finances"
  • I've got to think that comparatively speaking, Minardis finances are much more sound than Arrows. There was really weird stuff going on there with Morgan Grenfell and a host of minority owners to the point where I think Pollock offered $1 for the entire mess. I may be wrong but it seems Paul has run the team with an eye to this period, living within the revenues.
  • a quote comes to mind....

"These activities have their own rules and methods of concealment which seek to mislead and obscure" President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1960