Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Paul Stoddart has confirmed that negotiations with RB have taken place

F1racing.net
Minardi's Red Bull deal announced at Spa?

Minardi boss Paul Stoddart has confirmed that negotiations with energy drink and existing formula one team owner Red Bull have taken place. But the Australian businessman warned that a deal might simply involve Red Bull buying a couple of 2006 race seats for Vitantonio Liuzzi and perhaps Scott Speed.

Speculation is adamant that an agreement to sell the back of the grid team is already signed, giving exclusive negotiations to Red Bull pending due diligence enquiries.

It evidently expires on Saturday. "Until it is reality," Red Bull sporting director Christian Horner remarked at Spa Francorchamps, "it is not worth me speaking about it."

Similarly, Stoddart refused to go much further into detail about a deal that could result in Red Bull buying Minardi and re-branding the team 'Red Bull USA'. He insisted: "Where they are now is for them to say. They had a look at things during the Italian grand prix weekend but I cannot speculate on what they might do."

Comments

• Speculation is adamant
    F1racing is taking it to new heights (or should I say lows) these days :hehe::hehe:

on topic: well, let's keep fingers crossed then
  • But the Australian businessman warned that a deal might simply involve Red Bull buying a couple of 2006 race seats for Vitantonio Liuzzi and perhaps Scott Speed.
    that would be great isn't it, money will come our way and the team will not buy its spirit.
  • please please please let this be the case - everyone wins
  • should I or should I not put my ticket into the Eddie Cheever badge holder that I brought? (although I forgot my MCSF hat, murph's pics that I could have had autographed and a kazillion other things race related... but I did bring all the business stuff I need for later in the week. I guess I got my priorities all askew)
  • well bernie... with you being our man at the front line for the time being. have you seen ps with a red bull badge on his chest?
  • Bernie - you did bring the MCSF SWAG for Doonbos and Toc ... right?
  • don't waste money on toc, quig :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
  • I got all te SWAG stuff..do i gamble and bring the RBR IRL badge holder.... I'll look at it fresh in the AM.

I love dynamic game theory!