Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Autosport review of Minardi

You may remember I posted this part of the season review last year. They go through team-by-team ending with ... well, you guess.

Malsher: That chassis looked horrible at times. At Suzuka what happened? They were about four seconds down at the end of lap one? Had they loaded them up with gallons of fuel?

Rowlinson: I spoke to Stoddart after the race and he's normally quite resilient. But this time he said 'the sport's f***ed, our car's f***ed. I don't want to go racing like this, everything's shit. All I want to do is go home'. I think it was their lowest point.

Roebuck: I know a lot of people seem not to like him. At least he's not weighed down with the political correctness.

Malsher: But why does he keep doing it? What's the motivation when you're that hopeless?

Rowlinson: Being in F1. I remember when he got into it he said he'd sponsor the team as long as he could hold the pitboard out. He just wanted to be in the team shirt doing that.

Malsher: OK, to the driver line-up. Mark (Hughes), in our British GP preview supplement you said that one of them is quick, the other motivated, but neither is both. Still a fair comment?

Roebuck: It has to be said, if there was anything special about Bruni he would have annihilated Baumgartner in every session.

Hughes: He was actually embarrassingly slow sometimes: not just embarrassingly close to ... he was actually slower than Baumgartner.

Malsher: Which is why it's justice that Zsolt scored their point.

ends

(Nigel Roebuck is the Grande Fromage, Mark Hughes the GP reporter and Anthony Rowlinson the editor. David Malsher asked the questions.)

###

As we suspected, really. Never heard the pitboard thing, though. Didn't Stoddie used to hold it out at Tyrrell?

Elsewhere in the review, while talking about Jordan, Hughes says it's just a skeleton team, all the best people have gone. "It's nice that they still exist, that's about as much as you can hope for. It's nice that Minardi are still around".

Comments

• Don't hold back guys ...

(btw are they any female visitors these days? Apart from Matt.)

[Edited on 18/12/2004 by viges]
  • Cela has female parts, no? :P
  • Roebuck: It has to be said, if there was anything special about Bruni he would have annihilated Baumgartner in every session.

Hughes: He was actually embarrassingly slow sometimes: not just embarrassingly close to ... he was actually slower than Baumgartner.
    Honestly, even though I've always been pro Bruni, this is something I've been thinking of. And it's undeniable.
  • I did'nt post the item because I would have been accused of being a Stoddart basher again. The guy wants to be in F1 but is just not up to the job. Sad really.
  • Petrol - you'll still be accused but its all Viges fault.

BTW have you read the GCM interview on Atlas?
  • No I have not. ( demerit points quig for not posting it on the message board.
  • It's a long interview and most definetly property of Atlas F1.
  • Yes, word I have is that Atals does not screw around with things like copyright law etc - I'd normally cut and paste it in but the ass rape by their lawyers might be a bit much for RJ to handle.
  • Rj, in case, we'll tax ourselves to hire this man.

He's Berlusconi's lawyer.

You'd be not guilty whatever you've done.
  • Its settled. We'll get him ^ and Johnny Cochrane.
  • That guy looks a bit like viges.
  • Charming.
  • That guy looks a bit like viges.
    Only that viges hasn't started shaving as yet...