Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Red Bull buys Minardi - confirmed

2»

Comments

• today on italian meda they said the facrtory will stay in faenza, but none said one word about the name of the team. That's the main point for me.

But this silence is not encouraging me.:(
  • Salvo why don't you tell Berlusconi to buy the team again from Red Bull and put GianCarlo at the helm! I heard Berlusconi is a great friend of yours!
  • RBR will only maintain Minardi in the name when they think it will bring them more money. This overtake is not about nostalgia.In the not too far future Minardi will be 'only' history :(
  • So now there are three rich guys with oil in their veins.

The Marketer - A lovable (not to me, but everyone else thinks so) Irishman with a somewhat Bransonesque flair for a stunt,

The Businessman - A contract-chewing Aussie that CAN make a silk purse with a sow's ear,

The Engineer - A mild-mannered Swiss with a history of tenchnical excellence and success.

All out there with nothing to do. And they all like, or respect each other. Makes ya think, doesn't it?

• There seems to be a lot of conspiracy theories and a certain amount of revision of Minardi history at Present.
    Firstly GCM was not involved in the running of Minardi under Stoddart's aegis. He stated that himself in countless interviews. I assume his continuing involvement with the team stems from the fact that he still owns the factory from which the team is run. It would be like eating a meal at someone's house and then spitting on the plate for Stoddart to cut off GCM's presence within the team.
    As to the Sale of the team. Any sale stipulated that the team had to stay in Faenza, that was a condition of the teams sale by Rumi to Stoddart and remained an important clause in any future negotiations.
    As for Stoddarts departure, it seems that that was a surprise to many on the MB. Yes Max and Bernie want him out, but Stoddart had no plans for Minardi after this 5 year stint. He was looking to sell. So any suggestion that the sale was some Machiavellian plot by Max and Bernie to see him off is far fetched. The guy took the money.
    Whats of interest is how fast things change at Minardi. Are Red Bull going to put the staff in situ now so they canget up to speed for next year? I suspect that Gunther Steiner may be appointed as TD at the team.
  • Correction P torque - GCM owns nothing - not even one square inch of the factory. All he owns is the rights to his name.
  • I'm sure I read somewhere that he still owns the land the factory is on.
  • now that could be interesting if it's true
  • are there facilities in the UK as well? i was just told that recently. I was not aware of that. Is it true?
  • Yes, in Ledbury. I have not heard that GCM owns the land _ I was told that when the Team was sold to PS it all went.
  • I was told it's a rather large operation... coupel hundred people?
  • No way. It's skeleton crew now.
  • Did we know Mateschitz paid £19m? Reported by Alan Henry in The Guardian on Monday.

• Yes. £19m pounds or $35m dollars.
  • Did we know Mateschitz paid £19m? Reported by Alan Henry in The Guardian on Monday.
    Yes. Calculated in USD that's about 35 million
  • For the last 2 weeks I have been on holidays and have been without internet connection.
    Imagine how stunned I was last Sunday when I head the Spa race coverage saying that Red Bull bought Minardi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

I was like: no way !!!!

Now that I have had time to think about it I can see a bright future for Faenza, IF..... the team will still have the word MINARDI in their name !!!!!

Btw, will we get pitbabes next season?????:P
  • Sweet memories??

• Ah, yes, she was a very attentive student. Wicked mouth.