Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

It's hard being a Mindardi fan

This is the first european GP I have attended. It seems like the Renault fans really DON't like Minardi fans. What gives?

I got a ton of dirty looks from powder blu hats. Several pointing-cackling laughs and one guy looked at my shirt and gave me the finger! I didn't even speak a word of American English to these french guys! ...and yes, I qualified all as french speaking.

Any ideas on why this might be?

After all, Alonso did get his start.....

Comments

• Most of the Renault's fans are spanish. I'm spanish too and in our country, F1 did not exist until Alonso won a race in 2003. Those fans do not know almost anything about the sport...

I know it's sad. The same happened with Carlos Sainz. Now anybody remembers the rallies... :spank:
  • ...and so I thought as well. Maybe it was a fluke. but all these guys where french... 3 seperate sets of people... in three different places... F1 pavilliion, la source entrance...above pit entrance..strange
  • I repeat - I don't give a shit about Fernando. Montoya should let Kimi pass him in the first corner. Forza Kimi - Renault sucks! Forza Minardi!
  • nah don't say that Fernando is the biggest talent we everbrought forward

besides, it's Mäkklärren we're talking about
  • I agree with Neil_s,

I don't like Fernando, he's definately NOT the biggest talent we brought forward!

Forza Kimi, forza Maclaren, forza Minardi
  • I don't like Fernando, he's definately NOT the biggest talent we brought forward!

Forza Kimi, forza Maclaren, forza Minardi
    Agreed.
  • bernie, you've met Frenchies before, have you?

It's the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar so just shout something Nelsonian back at them. Bunch of cowards, every man jack tar of 'em.

MINARDI EXPECTS EVERY MAN TO DO HIS DUTY.
  • It's hard being a Mindardi fan
    yeah, doin' quite well d'ose Mindardis, ey?

Chris Albin an' Rob Dorn sure do rack up 'em races.

What about the Latino guy who usta drive for em? Freddie Allen? Daummm that guy will bring back the world series I tell ya...

:hehe::hehe::hehe:
  • I'm a Renault fan...maybe it's just a French thing?
  • nah don't say that Fernando is the biggest talent we everbrought forward
    Tell me I am an old style supporter but I really don't give a shit for who we gave an opportunity and then shitted on us. Was Fernardo there at the John Walton tribute, or did we see Webbo only?

Let God be with Montoya, Kimi, Albers and Doornbos today.
  • there was exhultation and clapping when sato took out shumi... and ncie dull roar or clapping when Juan ended his race... jaun seems not be the most likable guy either...

Does Kimi HAVE a personality?

and, Hey, I LIKE Alonso... seems like a good kid with a nice turnin
  • Does Kimi HAVE a personality?
    Last year I was on a (bloody) early friday morning at the Nurbürgring looking, from behind my coffee, at about 20 fans who were standing by a gate waiting for drivers to get a autograph.

None of the drivers who came by took notice of the fans except for Kimi who didn't left before al the fans there had his autograph.

• I qualified all as french speaking.
    Spa is in the french-speaking part of Belgium, so maybe not all of them were French
  • Rime, i agree. F1 needs to recognize that making nice to the fans would help the show. Both Robert and Christian went down and signed autograpsh for quite a while after the race yesterday. People even handed over their cameras for CA's girlfriend to take a phot shot of them together.

Biker...hmm you are correct. I had not thought of that. I was just aghast abotu the attitude I suppose.
  • Bernie so what was your overall impression of Spa? Apart from the jerks.
  • This is the first european GP I have attended. It seems like the Renault fans really DON't like Minardi fans. What gives?

I got a ton of dirty looks from powder blu hats. Several pointing-cackling laughs and one guy looked at my shirt and gave me the finger! I didn't even speak a word of American English to these french guys! ...and yes, I qualified all as french speaking.

Any ideas on why this might be?

After all, Alonso did get his start.....

Bernie - I hope this wasn't on the Sunday when i was with you - I would love to have had a "discussion" with these "fans" about giving you the finger.
  • Bernie so what was your overall impression of Spa? Apart from the jerks.
    Bernie may be up in the air as I post, but we had the chance to meet up on the Sunday and watch the race together, so I'll give you my impressions from my 3rd visit

1 - The circuit, location and scenery are as breathtaking as ever, especially when shrouded in mist.

2 - Don't waste money on grandstand seats - A three day bronze ticket will give you more than enough great vantage points to watch practice, quali and the race so that you get a real taste of the size, shape and layout of Spa. You can get into grandstands on the Friday anyway with bronze

3 - Pack wet weather gear even if there isn't a cloud in the sky and also walking/hiking boots given the nature of the circuit

4 - Toilets, tunnels & pathways are as shit as ever - worse ever seen

5 - Make sure you go with Bernie cos he can blag you into the Minardi garage and paddock!!!
  • You ought to go to a GP with RJ or I - we can get you dinner with GCM!
  • Angelina Jolie would me my first choice, but thanks

• had planned to go to a gp sometime but I never had the time. If Minardi disappear I don't know if I want to go.

[Edited on 12/9/2005 by Minardifan2002]