Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Sign the petition !

2»

Comments

• there's a prick hot karl something that is spoiling our petition. Rj, please do something, please
  • there's a prick hot karl something that is spoiling our petition. Rj, please do something, please

I'm afraid I see more potential TDTSNBM-juniorteam-fans :spank:
  • I hope IP's are being logged? If they aren't, Stan should add this functionality ASAP. When there's serious spamming, the IP's it originates from could be temporarily blocked and the administrators notified.

Also, the message 'IP's are logged. Abuse is punished to the fullest extent of the law.' tends to discourage kiddies from playing around.
  • Also some ideas...

- "ForzaMinardi petition in the Press"

Would it be possible to put the links to the petition story and add the links already mentioned in this forum there as the list keeps growing (that's good :):

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=25862
    http://www.f1.sk/clanok12584.htm
    http://www.f1total.com/splitter/2005/09/05091406.shtml

This makes it all look more serious /give weight and could encourage more press outlets to carry the story as wel..

- Translations into as many languages as possible, as others already mentioned: I did a quick and dirty one in German,
    if this helps...

Der Name Minardi soll der Formel1 erhalten bleiben

Die Unterzeichnenden sind der Ansicht dass Minardi mit seiner zwanzigjährigen Geschichte ein wichtiges als auch geschätztes Mitglied der F1 geworden ist.

Den Teamnamen und die Tradition von Minardi zu verlieren wäre ein unermesslicher Verlust. Wir fordern die neuen Teambesitzer auf, Minardi, das den wahren Sportsgeist der F1 verkörpert, zu erhalten. Forza Minardi!

Fordern ist maybe too strong, but bitten to weak ?

Other translations...

- Italian ?
    - Spanish ?
    - Dutch ?
    - Japanese ?

Any volunteers :) ?

Thanks.

BTW, see what I added to Wikipedia (last sentence).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minardi

:)

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • More for the TODO list:

- Why doesn't the big SIGN NOW! -image on the front page take one directly to sign the petition when it is clicked? Now you have to spot the tiny Read more..-link from below it.

- It's obvious a word-filter is needed probably as well; or perhaps a method to pre-moderate the petition, ie. only publish the signature after someone has ensured that it's not a joke. If the petition page is filled with words like SPERM and FUCKWIT, it's going to discourage signing and makes the site look unprofessional and unsuitable for linking from major media outlets.
  • the whole thing will be sifted first anyway before sending it on

ips are logged and the australian guy who had an issue with montoya will hear from his provider very soon...
  • More generally: Could anyone on this board provide access to a Wiki site ?

Where we could collect these ideas more easily and keep track of actions ?

I feel many good ideas get buried in threads and even one large thread is not good for
    keeping actions items and status up-to-date.

(For anyone who doesn't know Wiki: It's a collection of linked web pages where anyone can simply click 'edit' and easily update/add contents )
  • (petition works again, removed this post :)

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • easy guys, i just had to take it down so i could block some IPs of spammers, let's hope it works. i'm not that much of a programmer :o
  • You're doing great RJ! This site is really buzzing at the moment!! It's exciting to see so much effort put in a common goal. Let's hope it will just grow and grow and eventually surprise us all with a much wished ending: the name Minardi in Australia 2006 on the grid !!!