Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Sato and Pizzonia penalised for Spa incidents - what a joke

having just watched the highlights of the Spa race i have to disagree with the penalties imposed on Sato and Pizzonia. For me they were racing incidents/accidents.

The punishments are so arbitrary. It all depends on who you are and who you take out of the race. Can you imagine FIFA imposing rules that say Wigan players can't tackle any Man Utd players but its OK for them to tackle Wigan players (OK - that analogy is for football fans but you get my drift!)

Take out a "name" in the sport and god help you. Take out a midfield/back marker and "thats racing". Anyone who rocks the boat will be dealt with severely by FIA/FOM/TOIT F1 ruling council.

The whole thing p****s me off

Comments

• Didn't see exactly what PizzaBoy did, but Sato's looked like brainfade and amatuerish. I agree the Schui big name factor probably didn't help old Kamakazi
  • Of course it is rubbish.

Mosely has set the scene and the output just keeps on keeping on.

The Swervemaker turned in on Webber in Turkey and it was a racing incident - which in all likelyhood it was. Takrashu overcook's it on the restart and it is penalised. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

The sad thing is that Michael Schumaker could well have been thought of as the greatest driver of all time. Instead, he comes off as a nasty, spoiled brat. And the doting parents are two of the most corrupt individuals ever to abuse high office.

Disgusting!
  • and Viileneuve forcing Karthikeyan off the road at Les Combes - nothing said
  • as TasM said, I didn't see exactly what Pizza Boy did on Montoya, but Sato's penalty seems fine for me... he is like a 10 year old boy driving!
  • maybe so - its a subjective area - but we never see the "name" drivers punished e.g. Schumi on Alonso at Silverstone 2003, Schumi on Webber at Turkey 2005, JV on Karthekeyan at Spa 2005 etc
  • don't know what happened between Pizza boy and jpm.

I think sato's punishment might have been a bit harsh. TDW went into the back of JPM a few years ago and only got fined.
  • Pizzonia was trying to un-lap himself. Montoya braked very early when coming to a corner and Pizzaman thought now it's a good chance to overtake. Apparently Montoya didn't watch his back and the cars collided.
  • Apparently Montoya didn't watch his back and the cars collided.
    or he did it on purpose!
  • hhmmmm? that's an interesting idea!
  • Monti does seem to be the one who's allways getting hit from behind by backmarkers.. makes you wonder..