Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

'Minardi' will not be in the new name

2»

Comments

• I'm glad to see all this talk of quitting is going out of the window, if this board gets the exposure we hope it does in Faenza the guys and girls who actually put our beloved cars on the grid at the weekend will be glad of our support and it is the very least we can do for them to stcik with them.

Now lets get the bastards:mad:
  • Hi everyone!

Here's new blood to the enemy to spill.

I never posted anything but I'm an old visitor. In face of the new threat, I guess, as others have put, that only comercial arguments would reach the ears of TDTSNBN. In that sense, I've read on this very forum, some months ago, someone (an american, I guess) puting that in the american race the Minardi merchandise was second only to TOIT in terms of sales. If someone could compiie that kind of information, maybe it could be helpful.

Besides, I guess that is visible that Minardi is gaining performance race by race. With an extra income of money, it is quite possible to have a strong midfield performance next year. Under the name Red Bull Minardi (sorry for that, I know the right word is TDTSNBN), they could try some promo material as "Red Bull gave Minardi wings". It sounds reasonable to me, comercialy-wise.

Also, as Alonso is the virtual champion (although I support Kimi), maybe, maybe, he and other old Minardi drivers can be convinced to go public and state that they would like to see the Minardi name to go on. Imagine Alonso saying that in the press conference after he gets the championship. There seem' s to be a lot of people here with connections enough to try it.

That all I can think for now. Good luck for us all.

• Also, as Alonso is the virtual champion (although I support Kimi), maybe, maybe, he and other old Minardi drivers can be convinced to go public and state that they would like to see the Minardi name to go on. Imagine Alonso saying that in the press conference after he gets the championship. There seem' s to be a lot of people here with connections enough to try it.
    Salvo! Is it possible you could obtain a short written statement from a few of the ex-Minardi drivers?

I think there needs to be a civilized way of going about all this. I envisage using ForzaMinardi.com as sort of a 'Minardi Central' – where all Minardi fans can congregate to fight against TDTSNBN destroying Minardi’s heritage.

The petition is good, and if it can get a couple of thousand signatures – not impossible, then we’ll be in good stead. On top of that though, it would be even more significant to have short written statements from as many of the ex-Minardi drivers as possible. Finally a proper written statement on behalf of all the fans, discussing why we support Minardi, and why we will refuse to support any new incarnation of the team which doesn’t recognize the Minardi heritage. All of these things combined would give us a formidable argument to give not only to TDTSNBN management, but to blast them in the mass media.

So who would be on our list of drivers? And who is able to reach them somehow?

Fernando Alonso
    Jarno Trulli
    Giancarlo Fisichella
    Mark Webber
    Christian Albers
    Robert Dornboos
    Marc Gene
    Luca Badoer
    Anthony Davidson
    Gianmaria Bruni
    Zolt Baumgartner
    Alex Yoong
    Tarso Marques
    Christian Fittipaldi
    Gaston Mazzacane
    Esteban Tuero
    Shinji Nakano
    Ukyo Katayama
    Pedro Lamy
    Giovanni Lavaggi
    Fabrizio Barabazza
    Gianni Morbidelli
    Paolo Barilla
    Alessandro Nannini
    Andrea de Cesaris
    Adrian Campos
    Luis Pèrez Sala
    and of course - Pierluigi Martini.
  • I can get in touch with PLM with a little help from one of our italian translators.
  • Oh, THAT evil one.
  • Nothing unexpected in that interview. By the sound of it though, it doesn't look good for 'Minardi' to be in the name. Also, he mentioned that he already has a talent development manager, so if GCM is to have a role it probably won't be that one.
  • One can only hope that the one they are negotiating with to head the team is GCM.
  • Man, man, man, this really sucks big time.
    How will they ever listen to maybe a couple of thousands F1(Minardi)-fans. TDTSNBN doesn't give a f**k about them.
    It's not interested in that kind of history. They want to appeal to a young public that looks into the future not into the past.
    Minardi is a way to get more involved into F1. It's via Minardi, because it's the cheapest way. And F1-politics will also have played a role I guess.

But still, that's not a reason not to fight!!! Even if they crumble us under their big boots. At least we will make a stain on their precious carpets. Let's puke on them.

FORZA MINARDI !!
  • i'm afraid biker is right.
    i guess we haven't the ghost of a chance
    but we'll fight anyway
    we've been doing it for years, we're minardisti!!!!!
  • I'm working.
    Wrote to Jarno's italian fan club
    Writing to Gazzetta dello Sport, asking for a campaign
    Let's try everything
  • got in touch with my main contacts will write some more
  • See the latest that Gerhard Berger is in line to front the new Red Bull. This comedy just gets better.
  • The ideas about contacting former Minardi drivers and asking them to comment about the situation is a great one. If even one of that awesome list would be willing to state something like "Minardi gave me my break, and I think the name is a vital part of Formula 1 heritage.", it would be a terrible blow to any plans of not retaining the Minardi name.

Also, PR geniuses - would this be an appropriate time to scratch together a PR about ForzaMinardi.com's petition to keep the Minardi name? Such a PR could be sent to the 192041 F1 sites out there; I'm sure that many would report it. Something like:

Minardi fans concerned about the sale

The recent sale of Minardi to Red Bull has caused worry among the fans of the Italian underdog. With Red Bull yet to announce the name of the 2006 entry, friends of Minardi fear that the traditional name of the team will be replaced by something coined up by the Red Bull marketing department.

Refusing to give up without a fight, ForzaMinardi.com's Robert-Jan Bartunek has started an online petition to keep the Minardi name and spirit alive.

"Heritage and tradition play an important part in Formula One. Minardi has for long been a symbol of refusing to give up in the face of insurmountable odds. The team has also brought many great drivers to F1, including the near-World Champion Fernando Alonso. It would be a sad day to see that tradition being cast away.", says Robert-Jan, webmaster of the online community.

The petition can be signed at www.ForzaMinardi.com/Petition.
    Ok, for god's sake, do not use that - but something in those lines. We must have a marketing/PR person on board; let's put those skills to work. In addition to getting us more signatures for the petition, it would generate awareness about the possibility of the Minardi name disappearing.

[Edit: typo]

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by TheDriver]
  • from the GrandPrix.com interview:

"Our past record shows that as a company we are a fair one and we have given our word that the factory will stay in Faenza indefinitely and we have offered to keep the staff. But to develop and improve the team in the future we need to make some changes within key staff and management. Paul is aware of that."
  • good idea and we're working on it

forzaminardi.com/petition won't get you nowhere though:(
  • good idea and we're working on it
    Great! Now's the time to strike, as the news about the deal is still hot; in two weeks, it will be stale and any PR about the deal will be less likely to go through.
    forzaminardi.com/petition won't get you nowhere though:(
    Well then, Scotty - make it so! ;)
  • good to see so many signatures from Palermo, that should scare the shit out of them:hehe:
  • Hardly the sort of thing that an aspiring diplomat should jest about?
  • A little OT, but did you know they just copied this Japanese drink...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipovitan

Mateschitz became aware of it on one of his trips to Asia, copied off the formula
    and applied some nice marketing to it.

Well...
    Actually, Mateschitz developed Red Bull from a Thai drink called Krating Daeng. ;)
  • Getting all the former Minardi drivers to sign is great, but I guess that the ones currently in the grid should be the focus.

As people has said, TDTSNBN iis not interestes in history, this argument is silent to them. They keep saying things like 'young team' and such, probably that' s the kind of public they want to reach.

Now, if someone can make them see that Minardi has a REAL history of promoting young drivers... I can think of a commercial with the (younger on those days) Alosnso, Truli, Fisichella, Weber etc, driving for Minardi, and some of those new faces that TDTSNBN is betting on, displaying something like "TDTSNBN Minardi presents a future champion"...

In a line, we got to prove ourselves (we, Minardi and supportes) attractive to TDTSNBN, otherwise...

But I still prefer:

Under the name Red Bull Minardi (sorry for that, I know the right word is TDTSNBN), they could try some promo material as "Red Bull gave Minardi wings"
    (Sorry for the self quote)
  • Hey Driver !

Maybe we should contact all Finnish F1 news sites and spread the word in message boards. What do you think ??

Have you seen how many Finn has signed the petition already !!