Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

The Scorpion and the Frog

This whole thing reminds me of the old story about the scorpion and the frog. The scorpion wants to get across the river and asks the frog for a ride. The frog says "No - you'll sting me and I will die" and the scorpion retorts "No, I promise I won't"

After some delay the frog is convinced of the sincerity of the scorpion.

Once the scorpions feet are on dry land he stings the frog.

As the frog is dying he says to the scorpion "But you promised you would not sting me! Why did you do this?"

The scorpion replied "Why? I'm a scorpion - thats what I do"

Its up to you to decide who played which part in this whole deal.

Comments

• Nice story and parts of the truth are starting to come out from Red Bull.

But this game is all about business as much as it about sport.

Paul is happy to have money back in the bank as much as Red bull want to rape our team of it's identity.

But until it does. I'll be a frog. I have to who else is there to go for?
  • Well, there IS Williams F1.

In 2006 they will no longer be associated with big corporations like BMW and HP !!!!

They are truly independant.
    If RBR decided to drop the name Minardi, I will cheer for Williams.
  • quite a leap for this frog :o

In 2006 they will no longer be associated with big corporations like BMW and HP !!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Red Bull might be good marketers but they are making a wrong move with minardi if they change our name.
  • Well with the way things are going for them, Williams might well find themselves as backmarkers in a year or two, but it just wouldn't be the same.
  • Did anybody see the politician on ABC (australia) last night use the scorpion and frog story to describe Mak Latham and the Labour Party. Quig has wider influence than he suspects...
  • if redbull change the name this fan is going to slip into the shadows and disappear from the world that is F1 fandom. (will still watch the races I recorded though.)

They will still have Fedex, RBS & Budweiser - hardly small companies and more than likely run Toyota engines in 2007 - the "independence" will be for 2006 only.

However will be interesting to see the shape of Williams in 2006 - my guessing is that you could get a pretty good deal on sponsorship right now with BMW, Allianz and HP falling by the wayside as the team drops down the grid

[Edited on 18/9/2005 by Higbid]
  • Are Bud and Fedex confirmed to stay?
    I don't know if they are loyal to Williams or to BMW !?!?
  • Not that I'm thinking of jumping ship,

but does Williams have a fan site at all?