Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Some Minardi related news

From F1racing.net:
Trial 'won't affect Minardi'

Paul Stoddart's Formula One team will not be affected by a court trial involving founder and current employee Gian Carlo Minardi. The Italian, and financial director Stefano Sangiorgi, are charged with illegal financial activity relating to team sponsorship deals in the mid-90's.

Stoddart took over in late-2000. "It's improper to comment when a court case is in progress," a Minardi spokesman at Faenza told us.

He added: "But I can categorically confirm that whatever the outcome of the trial, it will not have any effect on the operation of the ... team
Kiesa unlikely to return

Nicolas Kiesa is unlikely to return to Formula One next year with Minardi. The Dane, who had a fleeting grand prix flirt in 2003 following Justin Wilson's move from Minardi to Jaguar, was thought to have found enough sponsorship to renew the affection of owner Paul Stoddart.

But a source at the Italian team now says the Minardi principal will almost certainly make a selection for 2005 'from among the list of drivers present at (the recent) Misano (test).'

Kiesa did not test a black car in Italy
The Faenza-based source also advised media publications to ignore the tips of enthusiastic driver-management representatives. "Anything that may be said," he added, "falls into the realm of speculation."

Comments

• Muermans said that Minardi is not very enthusiastic resigning Jos for the coming season. They told him this when he introduced this plan to Minardi. And Jordan didn't even reply to plan by Mr. Muermans to sign Verstappen as a racedriver and Doornbos as a testdriver.
    He advises Jos to go for Champcars now.

Grtz,
    Vuurmuur

• I just had a chat with one of my sources and I can also confirm who will NOT drive for Minardi in 2005

Gerhard Berger, Heinz Harald Frentzen, Mika Hakkinen, Keke Rosberg, Wolfgang von Trips, Prince Andrew, Tore Andre Flo, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Tom Walkinshaw

I called PS on behalf of Bagpuss but he didn't get back to me, too bad
  • Muermans said that Minardi is not very enthusiastic resigning Jos for the coming season.
    *very firty laugh* Yeah! :hehe:

@forza: I can also confirm that I won't be a minardi-driver for 2005.
  • I too can confirm that due to lack of sponsors, funding, the lack of a testing invitation, and lack of experience that I will not be driving for Minardi in 2005.
  • I am still in negotiations.
  • Clown, I heard a rumor that you are the "young, talented driver" who is the reason why my mainsponsor left me. Is that true?
  • He he very funny you guys. :hehe:
  • Minardi told me that if I could come up with $10 million then I would get one of the seats. So far I've got about 34 dollars but I'm still talking to some possible sponsors :P
  • I won't be driving the PS05 either. Mainly due to a lack of ability, and that's saying something after watching some of the drivers we've had. :(

We need Montiero in the car. Somebody find out what the hell is going on in Portugal, anybody got contacts in Lisbon?

[Edited on 18/12/2004 by oznomad]
  • Clown, I heard a rumor that you are the "young, talented driver" who is the reason why my mainsponsor left me. Is that true?
    Nothing personal, its just business.

[Edited on 20/12/2004 by Clown]
  • F1racing.net rectifies the Kiesa news:
    Kiesa report inaccurate

The conclusion of a report that Nicolas Kiesa is 'unlikely' to return to Minardi next year was based on inaccurate information. The young Dane, who raced in Formula One at the end of 2003, had - after a year on the bench - been linked again with Paul Stoddart's team.

A team spokesman said last week that the Australian entrepreneur would probably make a selection for 2005 'from among the list of drivers present at (the recent) Misano (test).'

But the report's editorial statement - 'Kiesa did not test a Formula One car in Italy' - was simply not true.

On November 24, and again on the twenty-sixth, 25-year-old 'Nic' sat at the wheel of a Faenza-prepared 'F1x2' two-seater machine. "The driver situation remains the same as it was at the time of the recent test," said a Minardi spokesman. "The 2005 Minardi driver line-up has not been decided."
  • I won't be driving the PS05 either. Mainly due to a lack of ability, and that's saying something after watching some of the drivers we've had. :(

We need Montiero in the car. Somebody find out what the hell is going on in Portugal, anybody got contacts in Lisbon?

[Edited on 18/12/2004 by oznomad]
    You dont even wanna know whats going on in Portugal...
    I think its very unlikely for Tiago to get all the money he needs to get a seat at F1,one of the possibilities was to get The Portuguese Government backing but the Prime-Minister has resigned and that will obvious make things more difficult to Tiago´s.

• What are the major industries and or world wide products produced/designed etc in Portugal?

I like the red wine made there but that is the extent of my knowledge of Portuguese stuff.
  • What are the major industries and or world wide products produced/designed etc in Portugal?
    That's what Portuguese people ask themselves every day :hehe::hehe:

On a more serious note even I as a staunch Euro, wouldn't be able to come up with a major portuguese brand (apart from agricultural products such as Matteus Rose) but I think we should think of other brands from the tourism sector such as "Algarve"which is being advertised a lot these days.

CIA:
    Economic growth has been above the EU average for much of the past decade, but fell back in 2001-03. GDP per capita stands at 70% of that of the leading EU economies. A poor educational system, in particular, has been an obstacle to greater productivity and growth. Portugal has been increasingly overshadowed by lower-cost producers in Central Europe and Asia as a target for foreign direct investment.
    Remember, they make sneakers in Portugal
  • Thanks RJ - that is the power of this board. Ask and you'll get an answer. A qualified one in this case - however had Matt gotten to it first...
  • My sponsors had set up a deal for me to drive the PS05 next year. But unfortunately, the seat fitting didn't go according to plan.

Nigel Mansell syndrome.

My arse was too big!

• Paul contacted me last week, however I had to inform him that I already have a contract to drive for Aurora in Australian Formula Vee next season, therefore ruling me out of a Minardi drive.
  • I'll see you on speedweek then brooksey
  • I'll see you on speedweek then brooksey
    FYI: If you crash you get more airtime - So if victory seems remote...... ;)
  • Since when was he in the running ???????

From F1racing.net:
    Davison out of Minardi race

Australian hopeful Will Davison will definitely not race for Formula One team Minardi next year. The Melbourne-born star, who recently tested a Faenza-built single seater in Italy, has signed a two year deal to drive for Adelaide-based V8 supercar squad Team Dynamik, we can reveal.

In 2004, 22-year-old Davison raced in British F3, but ran out of funding mid-season. He said at the Mallala circuit near Adelaide: "I think my background in formula racing cars will be a help."

Dynamik is also in the world spotlight after it tested illegally at the Woomera rocket range. An appeal case will be heard by motor sport's global governing body, the FIA, in Paris at the end of February.
    Btw, talking about Will :
    Power tested a WorldSeries car last week at Paul Ricard and set the 8th best time (from 27 drivers).
    See:http://www.renault-sport.fr/en/world_series/formulaV6/news.php?news=7184.html
  • Due to my bad luck in the special f1 kart derby run by a mate I can confirm I won't be racing a Minardi last year. Nevermind maybe a GP2 drive instead

This is what happened. (Commentated by Peter Jamesley)
    Welcome folks to the f1 kart derby where the drivers have to have their cars in the livery of f1 cars with karting engines inside. We have 6 young talented drivers here. Simon Williams with the Minardi 2003 colous, Jamie Andrews with the Sauber 2001 colours, Lewis Davies with the Minardi 2004 colours, Tim Murray with the Jordan 97 colours, Andy Simmons with the Arrows 96 colours and Phil Johnstone with the Jordan with 91 colours.

The race

And we are getting ready and we're off. I can't believe it just 5 seconds in and 4 cars are out. What a disaster. Unfortunately we can't start again but it looks as if it was the Minardi 2004's fault. The race has been halted due too mass damage and this event cost me £2000 I'm gonna kill that Minardi 2004 guy. That is if there's anything left after those other 2 get him. Sorry folks for a bad day but you all got to see a first corner crash.
    and yes I was The minardi 2004 guy.

[Edited on 21/12/2004 by Minardifan2002]