Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Red Bull's feedback

It's important, please read this:

De:
Enviado el: Friday, September 23, 2005 9:37:29 AM
Para: exzack@hotmail.com
Asunto: Fw: Please, keep Minardi's name in your new team!

| | | Bandeja de entrada

Dear David,

Thanks for your mail and your interest in Red Bull.

Motor sport arouses the emotions, enthusiasm and interest of people around
the world. That goes just as much for you as a Minardi fan as it does for
all of us at Red Bull in Fuschl.

We do have our differences on one point, however. In your opinion, Minardi
should change as little as possible. We, on the other hand, want to imbue
it with our own spirit, realize our own ideas, and go our own way.

That will require a new name. That will require new drivers. That will also
require a new concept. You are already familiar with some of this, while
other aspects are still being considered, decided, and will be announced
once the season is over.

We have great respect for Minardi’s tradition, for the heart and enthusiasm
that have always made this team what it is. But we are not Minardi and we
don’t want to pretend that we are. Even if we wanted to, we couldn’t keep
that name and continue that tradition: it would be wrong; it would be
playing with names. And it wouldn’t be good for anyone.

We are Red Bull. That should and will be reflected in the name just as much
as in the character of the team. We want to put heart and enthusiasm into
it – our heart and our enthusiasm. We want to introduce new ideas – our
ideas.

We cordially invite you to help us establish this new tradition. Observe
us, test our ideas, our heart and our enthusiasm for motor sports.

We would be very happy if you would give us a fair chance to write a new
story, due to begin when this season is over.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Yours sincerely,

The Red Bulls in Fuschl

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 15 September 2005 21:13
To: info@redbullracing.com
Subject: Please, keep Minardi's name in your new team!

Red-Bull Minardi, Minardi Red-Bull, Red-Bull Rookie Minardi are good
options!! Please, keep Minardi's spirit on grid. Imagine how wonderful
would
it be for Red Bull if with the Minardi trademark they start to go up in the
grid. That would be an amazing advertising!!

Thank you...

--

...Useless?

Comments

• Who knows?

Do they seriously think anyone is going to support their B-grade Red Bull rip offs? Nobody likes the A-team to begin with! At least with Red Bull Minardi, they have a solid fanbase to begin with.
  • Wow, I have always really loved to to read SPIN. now the only question remains is waht does that all mean since there really wasn't much information in that
  • I think what they are saying is we (Red Bull) bought the team, it's our team and we will do with it as we like
  • Sorry, but all the "It would be wrong. It would be playing with names... "

and especially the "it wouldn't be good for anyone"
    makes me feel sick.

That's not the real reason.

Her PR speak shortened- that's just my frank view.

(Edit: Sorry for the strong language below)

"We don't want to dilute our oh-so-strong strong brand name Red Bull - promoting that name alone gives us more revenue (even if we already have a team called Red Bull...yeah, I know ??) . We own the team soon, we don't give a sh*t about the Minardi name, but will write a lot of text to make you think as if we really care(d)."

I didn't expect anything else since before the petition was started with about 95% probability.

As I mentioned before, let's go down fighting in style for the Minardi name and heritage.

Let's even add MORE signatures to let them know the Minardi fans and a lot of F1 fans in general DON'T agree.

Is racing in F1 all about marketing a product ?

After all, it's us

- at the races
    - in front of the TV

who buy their drinks.

We can stop buying that drink or buy another brand from now on.

EDIT again: To finish this off, what makes me especially angry about this PR droid answer:

David asked for Minardi to be a PART of the new team name (eg. RedBull-Minardi), not to have Minardi remain alone...she doesn't even answer that question.

This sounds like a good compromise to me - especially because they already have a team called Red Bull !

RJ stated this very well in his quote in the PR text ready for distribution.

This is a call to arms :)

Let's get the PR out to the TV stations and media !

[Edited on 23/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • I think it was TheDriver who posted the that the entire FIA survey for F1 fans got 93'000 feedbacks only.

Let's compare:

We collected close to 15'000 signatures in about 10 days for a single team.

Let's keep it up and show Red Bull a lot of people think different about this.

Have your local TV station cover this during or before the race ! Tomorow during practice is a good day...

Download the PDFs from the main page !

Visit the petition forum for more info !
  • Man,

people like that really piss me off. sometimes I think this whole HR/PR industry is full of brainless morrons. (I said soemtimes, so dont get offfended anyone). Ive had to deal with these people before, all they really do is tow the company line in politically corrcect crap never sayingn anything.

I agree too, who is gonna supprt their second team at all, and how does 4 cars bring more exposure then two, maybve for the first coupla races and thats it. we can ensure they get alot of negative publicity. Ill try to get this published in hamburg.

The problem with people in HR is they ogten dont have a clue about the topic they are writing/speaking about. Its just like when you apply for a job, often people with no idea about your CV simply scan it for #key words'

Keep hope alive everybody
  • large organizations tend to promote people who write the prettiest reports and say the exact things upper management wants to hear. Don't make waves and you get promoted. The people who don't play the game yet deliver results leave and start their own business and then try to not to hire the yea sayers.

just my observation.
  • funny I received an email from sb else who received EXACTLY the same email from red bull :rolleyes:
  • PR droid reply program...

1. Receive e-mail from unknown persons with keywords 'Minardi' and 'Red Bull

2. Hit auto-reply answer

...Return to sleep mode and study teachings from Master Mateschitz once again to achieve a pure state of mind...*gong*

[Edited on 23/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • What a Crock of ....
  • Well, they are being honest.

Not a commodity that has always enjoyed unfettered support in this place.

Still, make as much noise as possible, I say.
  • I think it was TheDriver who posted the that the entire FIA survey for F1 fans got 93'000 feedbacks only.
    Aye, they were wise words - not mine, however :).

I support fighting for the name. Let's show them that there are plenty of us who want to see the Minardi name and spirit live on!

However, there are some bumps in the road. The first is that we've pretty much covered all the media we can. Everyone who has seen it fit to publish the news about our petition has done so. Those who haven't are not going to do so.

Take Finland, for example. The local F1 coverage is spin-spin-Kimi-Nico-Kimi-Kimi-glamour-Nico-Nico-McLaren-Kimi-spin-spin-Kimi. They don't give a toss about heritage or sporting spirit. All our reporters, especially those working for TV channels, are interested in is being buddies with the famous Finns and becoming famous.

What I'm getting at is that we'd need a new angle and approach to get things moving again. Famous drivers signing, us donating Minardi memorabilia to Mateschitz, people attending GP's with banners, T-shirts - the works. For example, a while ago I played with the idea of starting a site for a photo campaign - people taking pics of themselves in stores, with Red Bull cans and signs like 'No Minardi - No Sale' or 'Red Bull Lite? No thanks!'.

These are just crummy examples, but the point I'm getting at is that there's a constant need for renewal and excitement if one desires to continuously capture the attention of the general public.