Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Robert Kubica 3rd driver for China !

I told you some time ago to remember that name.
Guess what? The Polish wunderkind has been asked to drive Minardi's 3rd car in China. The contract was signed yesterday.
Great talent, 21 years old, the first foreigner who won the Italian Karting Championship. Has been driving in the World Series by Renault this year which he dominated big time. Doesn't have any big sponsors at all.
The kid is the real deal I tell you! :cool:

Comments

• Polish media.
  • Let's see him working then!
    We're always open to new talents.
    That's what Red Bull should realize, and keep our name together with theirs!!!
  • It's hard .....but Redbull are not interested in us. FOOLS They have their own programmes in place. They are only interested in our licence. I am starting to think that in 3 years time red bull will abondon the second team and leave us with nothing.

Think of it as a favour for Bernie and Max.
  • From Grandprix.com:
    Robert Kubica for Minardi?
    There is a chance that Poland's Robert Kubica will be seen in the third Minardi at the Japanese and Chinese Grands Prix in October. Kubica is currently leading the way in the Renault World Series with four wins and a big advantage in the points as the series goes into its final races at Estoril this weekend and Monza on October 22-23. Thus far the 20-year-old from Kracow has scored 12 times in 17 races for his Epsilon Euskadi team, which is run by former F1 man Joan Villadelprat.

Kubica has been racing since 2001, initially in Formula Renault and then in Formula 3. He moved to the World Series by Renault this year.

The deal has yet to be confirmed but if it goes ahead Kubica will become the first Polish driver to take part in a Formula 1 World Championship event. Given its political situation, Poland has not really had much chance to produce racing champions since the early years of the sport but counts Eliot and Louis Zborowski as its greatest names. Count Eliot was one of the earliest casualties in the sport, being killed in a Mercedes-Benz on the La Turbie hillclimb in 1903. His son Louis was famous for building the Chitty Bang Bang series of cars which he raced at Brooklands in the 1920s but he was killed at Monza, driving for the Mercedes factory team during the Italian GP.
  • You will be proud of Robert :)

Greatings from Poland :)
  • Welcome.

And congrats with Robert. He won the WorldSeries yesterday!
  • I have read interview with Robert nad he said if win World Series by renault it's will be no problem with superlicense :)

P.S.

Do You understand my English?? :)
  • Yes, I understand you clearly!
  • He could be the link between my two favourite teams: Minardi and Epsilon Euskadi (the team that won the World Series constructors championship and the team Kubica drives for)!!!!
  • He could be the link between my two favourite teams: Minardi and Epsilon Euskadi (the team that won the World Series constructors championship and the team Kubica drives for)!!!!
    Gora Epsilon Euskadi!!!
  • Kubica won't be our boy Friday after all - he is going to Ricard to do a GP2 test instead. It appears he did not complete the 300kms of F1 testing and cannot qualify for the "Super License"

Bummer
  • Yeah Robert is very dissapointed with the FIA's decision :(
    Apparently a title in the World Series by Renault counts for nothing :spank:
  • Its not like he barely won the series - by all accounts he whooped ass ....good luck to him in his test with Durango.
  • And the series didn't even end yet.
    There's still 2 more races to be won in Monza next week!!!!
  • He is going to test for Renault F1 in December!
  • Yep.
    That's a reward for winning the WSR !!!
  • Yeah Robert is very dissapointed with the FIA's decision :(
    Poilsh fans are dissapointed to :(