Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Sunday in Brazil

SPEED TV gave our efforts a plug - although he said 1000 fans not 10000+ but he did give the site a plug - said it and speled it out.

Lets see if the hit count goes up.

Thanks Bob Varsha!

Comments

• Yep......
    was neat to hear the site mentioned by Varsha....
  • Thanks Varsha, and good job MCSF on contacting him, glad he chose to mention it.
  • Yes Bob - and the entire SPEED TV F1 crew are all super supportive - and real dudes. You can walk right up to them and they will take a moment to sign an autograph or talk F1 - or anything.

Good luck to our drivers and crew today - give 'em hell!
  • Just checked the petition and it looks like we are getting US viewers to sign at the moment.
  • So Varsha was saying rumour of Sato and Honda engines for whatever Minardi will be next season?
  • So Varsha was saying rumour of Sato and Honda engines for whatever Minardi will be next season?
    On dutch TV a rumour was mentioned that Honda will start a junior team next season, the drivers could be Sato and Davidson
  • 1st ex-Minardi rookie to be WDC !!!!!!!!!
    Congrats Fernando!!!!!!!!!

Good race by Albers. Only 2 laps down. KKeyan was 3 laps down !!!

The WCC is still wide open.
    McLaren just passed Renault by 2 points !!!!!
  • Congratio to Alonso, great Champion, a true hero

But what a amazing drive from Chris this day, he have beaten the Jordan without tractjon control:hehe:
    In the race Chris could not use the tractjon control but did a great Job in this tuff race, very happy with the result!

I am very happy for Alonso, great Champion

• Did you guys see the Renault mechanic with a white T-shirt that said 2005 World Champion.

He turned around and on the back was written "Schumacher Who?"
    :hehe: :hehe:
  • How many cars did Fernando actually pass during a race, for
    position this year? Having someone infront go out due to mechanical faliure doesn't count. He has to be the youngest and dullest champion ever. What an exhillerating drive today!!
    He hasn't fought for position with anyone all year. Some champion. Enjoy it Alonso, next year Fernando Who??

position this year? Having someone infront go out due to mechanical faliure doesn't count. He has to be the youngest and dullest champion ever. What an exhillerating drive today!!
    He hasn't fought for position with anyone all year. Some champion. Enjoy it Alonso, next year Fernando Who??
    I really agree. Fast, but boring as batshit.
  • Yeah, they did a Ferrari. Same show different colours.
  • He did a nice job holding off MSchu in Imola, if you remember..... but yeah, he hasn't exactly had to do much more than keep it on the island.

Mind you he's hosed Fisichella when both cars have been mechanically sound.

Early in the year, Fernando was in front, so fighting for position wasn't needed.

Fernanco showed both speed and aggression then to establish his lead.

In the later part of the year, he's shown maturity and racecraft to do only what was required to stay in front.

There's no doubt the guy loves racing and we'll see planty of exciting overtaking from him in the next races.

Most boring driver, out of the car!...has to be Kimi.

But the way Kimi Racen'on passes other drivers is something to watch.
    May he always start way back ..:cool:

Spin
  • Congrats to Alonso. It's refreshing to see a new world champion.

About the race. It was nice to see Villeneuve again struggling against our cars :hehe:

It took like twenty laps before he managed to pass Robert. It was nice to see Albers overtake Karthikeyan through pitstop. It looked so professional !!!
  • Is Coulthard the new Crashstappen? I didn't see the start, but I read he took out not one, but both Williams in one foul swoop.

congrats to Alonso also.
  • Coulthard had a much better start then both of the Williams' and moved in the gap between the two. Unfortunately both Williams cars squeezed the gap, with Coulthard stuck in the middle. I think no-ones to blame, because they're all played they're own part in the accident.

Btw: the use of the term 'Crashstappen' is denigrating, unrespectfull, ignorant and plain stupid. Just so you know.
  • Like any non-Dutch care.
  • Coulthard had a much better start then both of the Williams' and moved in the gap between the two. Unfortunately both Williams cars squeezed the gap, with Coulthard stuck in the middle. I think no-ones to blame, because they're all played they're own part in the accident.
    from grandprix.com

The Red Bull team was down to one at the first corner when David Coulthard tried to drive into a gap that was not there and ended up taking out both the Williams-BMWs, which also hit one another in the mess that followed the initial contacts. DC later suggested that he could not make his car invisible but he might have eased off and avoided the shunt.

Mark Webber, who can be forgiven for feeling unlucky, noted that the accident occurred "when David tried to pull out of the position he was in and clipped the back of Antonio".

Mark later rejoined, 25 laps behind but he was unclassified at the end.

• So GP.com has featured their own (read: Mark Webber's) vesrion of the story. That doesn't necessarily make it the right story. The gap was there. If both BMW's had follwed their line, they wouldn't have been any contact.

• Btw: the use of the term 'Crashstappen' is denigrating, unrespectfull, ignorant and plain stupid. Just so you know.
    Whatever. :rolleyes:

• I see Coulthard is now saying that Webber was the innocent party in the whole matter.

PizzaBoy and Coulthard are blaming each other.

Selespeed, the comment is a joke, used more than once by several people in this fourm. I'm sorry something like that would affect you so much...
  • Here's the quote for him, from itv-f1.com

Both Williams were effectively eliminated from the Brazilian Grand Prix when David Coulthard and Antonio Pizzonia made contact at the start.

Pizzonia's broken Williams then careered into team-mate Mark Webber, who subsequently lost 25 laps in the pits while his car was repaired.

Red Bull racer Coulthard admitted afterwards he had tried a risky move, but claimed Pizzonia moved over on him.

"It’s always very difficult in those situations," Coulthard told ITV-F1's Louise Goodman.

"I think the innocent party there was Mark who was on the inside.

"I got my front wheels in front of his and Antonio's and I could see Antonio was coming across to the left. Of course I couldn't go left because Mark was there and we touched and we all went out."

Good enough for ya, Selespeed? ;)

[Edited on 26/9/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • MinardiP1: I know you're Australian, so it's good enough for me. Webber is cleared, Pizzaboy not.

Coulthard: “I made a good start and got my front wheels inside the two Williams’ of Webber and Pizzonia. Antonio was moving over from right to left, to try to get the better position, but as Mark (Webber) was on the other side of me, there wasn’t anywhere for me to move to. "I’m surprised if Antonio didn’t know I was there as I didn’t make a dive under braking, but had gained position through acceleration from the start line. In that situation, everyone should maintain position. If the cars start to squeeze together, I can’t make mine invisible!

TasM: appologies accepted! ;)
  • Where is the press release from the team??
  • Over before it really began
    Brazilian GP - BMW Williams - Race

Pizzonia and Webber eliminated on lap one

The outcome of today’s Brazilian Grand Prix was not what the BMW WilliamsF1 Team may ultimately have achieved. Both of the team’s cars were involved in an accident just metres after the start, which put Antonio Pizzonia out of the race whereas Mark Webber was forced to pit for major repairs which lost him 25 laps, while his car was being repaired.

David Coulthard attempted to squeeze between the Williams dup but caught the left rear of Pizzonia's FW27 sending him spinning into the equally innocent Mark Webber.

Mark Webber
    "I had a reasonable start and got away ok from the grid but right then David Coulthard, came between me and Antonio and I didn’t see him until the last moment. It was very, very tight and I was looking to get away from the damp area at turn one. Unfortunately, when David tried to pull out of the position he was in he clipped the back of Antonio, who then spun into me. I could see the bodywork was damaged but I didn’t know how heavily so I went back into the garage and jumped out of the car so that the mechanics could fix it. At that point it was important to join the race again in order to possibly gain a better starting position for qualifying in Japan and to see what we could learn about our race pace after a poor qualifying session."

Antonio Pizzonia
    "I am very disappointed for sure, as I finished my home Grand Prix before the first corner. My car was in a straight line and I was on full power, I still hadn’t started braking when I just felt a sudden impact from behind. I watched the replay of the accident and I saw it was Coulthard. I am very surprised he did this because he has many many Grand Prix under his belt and is not someone who usually makes such mistakes."

Sam Michael, Technical Director
    "This is a disappointing result. After the start incident we lost a lot of time in the pits repairing Mark's car. Although we could not repair everything, we did enough to make it a safe runner. We did this in order to improve Mark's qualifying position for the next race, which we managed to do. The pace of Mark's car was really strong considering that he was running on low revs in order to keep the engine fresh for the next race. Antonio suffered too much damage to his car to be able to continue So, the pace of the car was good and I think that points were definitely possible today. Well done to Renault and Fernando on winning the Drivers’ Championship."

Mario Theissen, BMW Motorsport Director
    "Well done to Renault and Fernando Alonso, who today wrote a new page in the history of F1, becoming the youngest World Champion. There is not much to say about our race. Both of our drivers were involved in an accident even before the firct corner. Antonio’s car was damaged too much to continue whereas Mark came back to the pits. The mechanics changed in record time the floor, radiator, suspension and some bodywork. Finally he was able to race. We now have to check if the engines were damaged in the accident or if we will be able to use them again with no risks in Japan. We hope we will have a positive end to the season."

E.A.
    Source BMW Williams
  • Oh dear oh dear. So this is what we've been reduced to. Arguing over a racing accident.
    Its time for the FIA to get their act together. This 18, 8, 6, points scoring system is a nonsense. You've got to give more points for a win. At presnt if one driver bolts, by mid season he's won the championship.
    I'd outlaw these fcuking strakes and winglets on the sidepods and engine cover. Produce way to much inefficient downforce and kills the abilty to follow another car close enough through the corners.
    Hands up anyone who thinks running a 2004 car through next year is a good idear now the circuitmeister has changed the quali format.
    PS another desultory race.
  • I watch A1GP yesterday in Brands Hatch and saw more action then 1 full year of F1. 80.000 spectators at the scene, against 70.000 in Brazil... No wonder Ecclestone is p*ssed.
  • Where is the press release from the team??
    In case you meant OUR team:
    THE WHEEL COMES FULL CIRCLE

SAO PAULO, BRAZIL, September 25, 2005

It was smiles and handshakes all round in the Minardi F1 Team garage at the conclusion of today’s Brazilian Grand Prix, not only for the gritty drive that netted Christijan Albers 14th place, but also for the fact Fernando Alonso sealed the 2005 FIA Formula One Drivers’ Championship at the Interlagos circuit, the sport’s youngest-ever champion having launched his F1 career with Minardi five years ago. The race started dramatically for Albers and team mate, Robert Doornbos, the pair managing to avoid a first-corner crash, which required the Safety Car to be deployed. The debris was cleared quickly, but soon after the race resumed, Albers’ car suffered a sensor failure that compromised the performance of the differential and traction control system for the remainder of the event, and made the driver’s consistent pace all the more commendable. Doornbos, too, ran a strong race, climbing as high as 13th place just before the first of his two scheduled pit stops. Unfortunately, he was not to see the chequered flag, though, as a broken oil pipe forced him to retire his car after 33 laps.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS

Position: 14
    Time: 1 min 15.527 secs Chassis: PS05/01

“I think it was a reasonable result today, as we finished in front of the Jordans, although Tiago’s car appeared to suffer an engine failure. One thing for sure is that we had a good race strategy, as we had a heavy fuel load to start. That gave me the benefit of being able to make my fuel stop a little later than Karthikeyan, and I overtook him. Many thanks to the team for all their efforts this weekend, and I think it is clear we continue to make progress. I would also like to congratulate Fernando for winning the World Championship today – it’s great to think that a driver who started here at Minardi has been able to achieve such a result”.

ROBERT DOORNBOS

Time: 1 min 15.792 secs Chassis: PS05/02

“I didn’t finish the race, which was unfortunate. It’s still a sport with a mechanical content, however, so as a driver you have to get over such disappointments. It was frustrating, though, as the race strategy we had was very good. I lost a couple of seconds to my team mate in the first stint, but we were able to fight the Jordans. We had a good first pit stop, which put me back in the Jordan ‘sandwich’ again, and I was catching Narain and Christijan with good lap times, but then I started to lose performance and there was smoke coming out of the car. As a result, we had no choice but to abort the race. We now look forward to Suzuka and Shanghai, the last two races of the year, as well as to having a good 2006 season”.

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal, Minardi Cosworth

“On a day that Minardi produced its first-ever World Champion in Fernando Alonso, it was fitting to see him on the podium. I believe he will go on to be a very worthy champion and a tremendous ambassador for this sport. Like many drivers, Fernando started his career with Minardi, and even in those early days, there were obvious signs of his huge natural talent and ability. It was equally clear that with the right team and the right car at the right moment, today was always going to happen. We wish both Fernando and Renault all the best, and I think they have every right to be very proud of a job well done. As for our own race, I think it’s fair to say we’ve been having our own private battle with the Jordans all weekend, but Christijan drove his heart out this afternoon to finish ahead of both of them. In the end, his determination allowed him to bring the car home in a well-deserved 14th place, despite struggling at times with the set-up. As for Robert, sadly, a broken oil pipe brought his race to a premature conclusion, which was a great shame, as both drivers gave their all this weekend. There are still two races to go, however, and the team and drivers will be putting in maximum effort to achieve strong results in both”.
    Petrol,

what do you mean by running a 2004 car in 2006?
    Is any1 planning to do that?
    And what changes have been made to quali? I'm not aware!