Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Accounting Irregularities

According to German magazine "motorsport aktuell" the Red Bull deal could fall through because they have found "accounting irregularities"

what's that all about?

Comments

• We can only hope it's true. But yet, not serious enough to put us under.
  • Now that.

I´ll tell you what. For some weeks I´m feeling that this whole deal may be a hoax. It coincides with a good improve in performance by Minardi (and there could be no RB money playing already), calls a lot of media attention and tells the world that Minardi is worth 35 million (and 15000 signatures).

I guess (or hope) that RB is playing the fool.

And let´s crush´em next season.
  • Lets hope this is true and gives GCM the chance to get the "Italian Consortium" together!
  • Maybe "fans" from Palermo showed up with black Benz cars and baseball bats at the Red Bull HQ :)

Edit: Any online links to other news outlets pcking this up ?

[Edited on 28/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • Translation bitter?
  • what i said, the rest is uninteresting rumours about karthikeyan
  • It looks as if it mentioned a quote by PS - anything of interest?
  • Okay - I just went to a translation site - it says that PS claims these rumors are nonsense but even if tru then he has three other buyers qued up.
  • red Bull already has complete due diligence. I'd be surprised if this is the case.....unless they are thinking twice about the deal and are looking for an out........
  • Or trying to renegotiate for a lower price or the "Faenza Clause" to be modified as per the report about moving the factory.
  • But don´t you all agree that it is kind of strange that, just before, during negotiations, and just after the sell, the team (or better, PS) kept investing with new parts, tests, third car, etc?
  • Lets hope this is true and gives GCM the chance to get the "Italian Consortium" together!
    Don't stop dreaming ;)
  • Why is it strange? its just business as per normal, similiar to what jaguar team was going through when the 'for sale' sign was put out by Ford.
    I think GCM is too busy curing cancer, bringing peace to the middle east, and feeding the hungry of the world to have enough time to run the team.
  • You forgot about running his Faenza based soccer team.
  • Grandprix.com:
    Minardi will almost certainly sign up to the FIA-FOM-Ferrari plan to extend the Concorde Agreement to the end of 2012. This is likely to happen as soon as the legal details of the sale of the team are completed. These loose ends are due to be tied up tomorrow and thus an announcement from Minardi will probably come soon afterwards.
  • I don't trust gp.conm any further than i can throw them and like, i can't even throw a web site
  • Why is it strange? its just business as per normal, similiar to what jaguar team was going through when the 'for sale' sign was put out by Ford.

The point is, if the sale is done, and the price fixed, you do not need to invest anymore (in a financial point of view). Off course that the competion is on and from a sporting point of view the investment is normal. But it is a lot of money, it would take really a whole lotta love of to sport to become understandable.

In the Jaguar case, the sale occured latter in the season, and they were triyng to show that they had a car ready for the next season. And the name Ford's involved, they had better resources, etc. I think the cases are not so similar.
  • The 2005 budget is already in place and fixed, so why not keep on using the money?

It's not like PS has to pay money out of his own pocket anymore!!!
  • Is it so?

A season for Minardi never seems to go down so smooth and planned. We see a lot of ups and downs and changes of direction that really makes us think that decision are taken by the week. Add to that new sponsors sometimes showing up, etc.

I really would like to believe that everything runs according to (a initial) plan through the year, but it really does not look like that to me.

• Remember the only thing constant is change.
  • I don't get it.

Look, GCM is a nice Grandfatherly-like guy who has a passion for car racing; not unlike the current owner.

But wishing for an Italian consortium?!

With the greatest respect, Italians are not all that high in the world factbook on the stability and success of their organisations.

A government a year, and all that.

The only reason that TOIT is so sucessful is that it is run by an arrogant French prick and a bunch of Pommie lackeys.

Your Italian has great style, a huge heart, and a terrific menu; but he couldn't organise a fuck in a brothel.

No - choose somebody else.
  • Wow, thanks for opening my eyes. Knowing that it's a wonder the team ever got founded in the first place. :o
  • He did alright from 1985 'till 2000. Ran a tidy organization and even ito the mid nineties he and the gang produced cars that were mid pack.. Did okay with Telefonica money too - until that deal ran out and he was in debt.

I'd say he could do it again with a big bag of Italian dough - the problem is finding the right Italians.

[Edited on 30/9/2005 by MCSF]
  • God you're an idiot to think that. Didn't you see what Lease just said? The guy couldn't organize a picketing.
  • Still beating a dead horse I see.
  • Still beating a dead horse I see.
    You are right - it is a pretty well established fact that Lease can be quite obtuse.
  • :hehe: Nice one ;)

Did you read the pitpass story "Mateschitz reveals plans for Minardi" in the topic i posted? Have a look at the full story at www.pitpass.com and it implies that the core engineering team will stay, but management will be replaced.
  • I did but lets face it - there is no point in fretting now. The devil is in the details and they are up to speculation at this point. No use losing sleep.