Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Budget

GCM on AtlasF1, last year they had a budget of 28 million dollars, for the coming year they hope to have 40 milion.

Did PS save up some money or something?

Comments

• I was quite happy to read that. I would hope that this money is fue to come from sponsors and prize funds, rather than a non-renewable source ie Stoddy's pockets.
  • i think stoddart had the brainy idea of saving money to invest in the new car instead of wasting it on the ps03-04, i think in the last year we have made great strides in the commercial department and we must be greatful of that, i think it is only a matter of time before we see this improvemnet on the track

THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
  • THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
    Sometimes I get the feeling that they can't. I mean, Minardi has been on the backrow for how long now? Twenty years or something?
  • Believe it or not, Minardi used to beat other teams.
  • Minardi > Simtek
  • Bad example, that's not saying much.
  • Minardi > Andrea Moda
    Minardi > Coloni
    Minardi > Forti-Corse
    Minardi > Lambo / Modena
    Minardi > Life
    Minardi > MasterCard Lola
    Minardi > Onyx / Monteverdi
    Minardi > Pacific
    Minardi > Rial
    Minardi > McLaren
  • That's better. Brabham, Lotus and Leyton House.
  • Brabham = WDC
    Lotus = WDC
  • Believe it or not, Minardi used to beat other teams.
    Hey man. Remember I was still in dipers back then. ;) Or maybe I wasn't even born yet... Hrmmmhb... Yeah, that seems more likely ;)
  • I always figured you were young but not THAT young.
  • You're all but children.

I have hemorrhoids older than all of you put together.
  • I always figured you were young but not THAT young.
    Well, I've only been really following this sport since like 1999. So in my mind Minardi always has been a backrow team.
  • I have hemorrhoids older than all of you put together
    Mine are younger. But true.
  • Minardi > Andrea Moda
    Minardi > Coloni
    Minardi > Forti-Corse
    Minardi > Lambo / Modena
    Minardi > Life
    Minardi > MasterCard Lola
    Minardi > Onyx / Monteverdi
    Minardi > Pacific
    Minardi > Rial
    Minardi > McLaren
    Minardi > Prost Peugeot
  • Minardi>Bar
    Minardi>Arrows
    Minardi>Toyota

and only a couple of years ago.
  • Yeah, but somehow Toyota, BAR and Arrows left me with a better impression most of the time. They climbed up. Or at least tried to.
  • I don't think it does matter if Minardi was better than Toyota or any other nouveau riche. They're working f*cking hard, doing a fantastic job for their budget and - the most important thing - they are still there (g'day Mr. Walkinshaw),
  • Eheheheheh
    Yeah, but somehow Toyota, BAR and Arrows left me with a better impression most of the time. They climbed up. Or at least tried to.
    ehehehehehehheheheh

ehehehehheheh

sorry Stan, can't stop laughing...

d'you have any idea about what's the budget of Toyota's or Bar's and what's Minardi's budget?????????

What are we talking about????

Honestly, also TOIT, Williams and Mclaren "somehow left me with a better impression".

• Honestly, also TOIT, Williams and Mclaren "somehow left me with a better impression".
    If you ask me, McLaren didn't at all ;)
  • GCM should have rearranged Ron's face.
  • Eheheheheh [quote]Yeah, but somehow Toyota, BAR and Arrows left me with a better impression most of the time. They climbed up. Or at least tried to.
    ehehehehehehheheheh

ehehehehheheh

sorry Stan, can't stop laughing...

d'you have any idea about what's the budget of Toyota's or Bar's and what's Minardi's budget?????????

What are we talking about????

Honestly, also TOIT, Williams and Mclaren "somehow left me with a better impression".

[/quote]
    Laugh all you want. You want to make believe Minardi is in a vicious circle. Budget really shouldn't matter at all. I am sure Minardi could get out of this. You can say all about Arrows. But at least they tried. And I have respect for that.
  • GCM on AtlasF1, last year they had a budget of 28 million dollars, for the coming year they hope to have 40 milion.

Did PS save up some money or something?

Minardi is an Italian team > Italy is a EU Country > EU has the Euro as money !!!

Minardi mostly has European sponsors from EU countries > I suppose that the sponsor contracts are made up in Euros !!!!

Last year the US$ was much stronger than now !!!
    So don't forget that a big part of the increased budget (in US$) might be because of the actual currency exchange rate !!!!
  • You are so right, I totaly forget about that! Good point.
  • Minardi have beaten every team they've been against at sometime.
  • ^ If you don't watch your mouth, you'll be the one getting the beating :spank: :angel:
  • Actually Mfan is kinda right...but "beaten" is a tad strong. I'd say has been competitive with ...
  • :doh:
    I need to work on my reading :P

I read it as:
    Minardi have beaten by every team they've been against
    I eat crow :mad:
  • Then you need glasses,

of course I didn't mean over the season i meant in races.
  • :ThrowsCrowAtMfan: