Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Comments

• They talk about the petition and CGM responds "Absolutely !" when asked if he is proud of the ongoing petition...

Frage: "Es gibt im Internet eine Petition für den Erhalt des Namens Minardi, die nach heutigem Stand schon mehr als 15.000 Menschen unterschrieben haben. Sind Sie sich dessen überhaupt bewusst und macht es Sie stolz, wenn Sie so etwas hören?"

Minardi: "Absolut! Es macht mich unglaublich glücklich, dass sich auf der ganzen Welt so viele Menschen für Minardi interessieren. Darauf bin ich sehr stolz. Allerdings gibt es nun eine große Veränderung. Herr Mateschitz ist mit Red Bull in seinem Geschäft sehr erfolgreich, und wir müssen seine Entscheidungen akzeptieren. Wenn er den Namen des Teams ändern will, kann er das natürlich tun."

:)
  • It is good to see THE MAN back - even if it is quotes in the press. It bodes well that he will have a place in the Team - just don't give up hope on the name Signor!
  • Allerdings gibt es nun eine große Veränderung. Herr Mateschitz ist mit Red Bull in seinem Geschäft sehr erfolgreich, und wir müssen seine Entscheidungen akzeptieren. Wenn er den Namen des Teams ändern will, kann er das natürlich tun."
    "Nevertheless, there's a big change now. Mr. Mateschitz is with Red Bull very succesfull and we have to accept his decisions. If he wants to change the name of the team, than that's a fact"
  • Well, he has to be loyal to the new owner and say this...

The whole interview doesn't explicitly ask Mr. Minardi if he will be involved in the new team, but at one point he is asked what he will do now...so this could mean there is no role for Mr. Minardi in the new team structure next year.. but it's not clear from the interview.

Mr. Minardi also mentions he has to talk to the new owners first, so many open questions and I guess everybody is too busy with the last 2 season races right now.
  • Minardi's going to be spitting? :P
  • For the anti-PS-crew I want to extract one specific part of the interview:

When asked about having made sacrifices and being away from home a lot, GCM replied that he's had very little time for family and friends during his career and THAT'S why he decided to attend VERY FEW races during the last year. So that he could spend more time with his loved ones.

So......... it's not that PS didn't bring GCM to the races as some of you guys suggested many times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • Autosport-Atlas have quoted Mateschitz as saying that GCM is welcome at the team still, though he added that it hasn't been discussed with him yet.
  • Damn, I was on here to post that.

Oh well.

Can we call the second Honda team Minardi? Are ANY teams in the 2005 season going to remain the same for next season? Maybe Mercedes will buy out McLaren, Benetton will re-buy out Renault and Ferrari will become Todt TOIT.

2006 then...

Ferrari- no change
    McLaren-Mercedes- no change
    Renault- no change
    Williams-Cosworth- no more BMW-Williams
    BMW- no more Sauber
    Toyota- no change
    Midland- no more Jordan
    Honda- BAR name set to go soon, poss this year or more likely at the end of next season
    Red Bull- same as it ever was
    Red Bull Rookie Camp USA y'all- Minardi name hanging on by a thread presently
    Honda Team 2- with Takuma Sato and possibly Dan Wheldon

So that's six teams that have either formed or changed hands or running with different engine suppliers for next season. That's more than half the grid. Still, 22 cars for next season...

Ludicrous. Makes the early 1990s F1 teams seem stable.
  • good he saw the petition, that should make us proud!
  • Renault the 4th oldest team on the grid... what's wrong with this picture?
  • Jello, Renault will NOT be the 4th oldest team on the grid: you should know better than me that BMW made its f1 debut back in 1952, and Honda in 1964.
    So the debut dates will be:
    TOIT1950
    BMW 1952
    Honda 1964
    McLaren 1966
    Williams 1973
    Renault 1977
    Minardi 1985 (or whatever 2006)
    Toyota 2002
    Red Bull 2005
    Midland 2006
    :hehe:

[Edited on 4/10/2005 by manlio27]
  • But BMW and renault are not consecutive in years - are we counting in the breaks in between their participation in F1?
  • Spot on Quigley. It's now:

Ferrari
    McLaren
    Williams
    Renault
    Toyota
    Red Bull
    Midland
    BMW
    Red Bull (Minardi)
    Honda

Or something like that. It gets confusing after Toyota. Sad to see really, 5 teams changing hands in the span of a year. F1 is dieing.
  • Imagine for a moment that PS wouldn't have sold the team.
    BAR, Sauber and Jordan change teamnames for 2006 and will get no prize-money.

How much cash would Minardi have gotten (extra) in 2006????:o

• I believe (no one is really sure, the Concorde is supposed to be confidential) that FOM absorbs that money instead of the teams.
  • Autosport-Atlas have quoted Mateschitz as saying that GCM is welcome at the team still, though he added that it hasn't been discussed with him yet.
    You are referring to this article, right ?

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=47432&s=5

Any other juicy news in there :) ?

(I don't have a subscription)

[Edited on 5/10/2005 by bladerunner]
  • Nothing today.
  • It was Autosprint, NOT Autosport according to F1racing.net:
    Minardi founder Gian Carlo Minardi could be retained by Red Bull after the drinks company takes over the team from Paul Stoddart on the first of November.

Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz said the Italian would 'always be welcome' at Faenza, according to the Italian Autosprint publication.

"I don't know him," Mateschitz said, "but he was the founder, the big father. We'll talk to him, we'll discuss it, but the doors for him are always open."
  • Looks like Mateschitz has more understanding of F1 and Minardi than Stoddart. He appreciates GCM's knowledge and experience. Marko seems to be the FAT Man in the Canoe though. ( the obstruction, for those not aufait with management speak)
  • Nothing else in there really. Just pointed out again the Berger will *not* have a role.
  • Nothing else in there really. Just pointed out again the Berger will *not* have a role.
    Yahooo!
  • Yea, he really did wonders for BMW didn't he? :rolleyes:
  • Looks like Mateschitz has more understanding of F1 and Minardi than Stoddart.
    What, because he may keep him in the team? He hasn't left the bloody team!

What a load of crap. Put the knives away, Paul is leaving, you don't have to keep putting the knife in his back. Really, this is getting tiresome.
  • Quote from GCM:

'At the moment, Minardi make do with an annual budget that a top team would squander in a month. I believe that Red Bull will make the necessary investment so that Minardi can show its true potential.'

TasM - this quote says more than it appears. PS did not have the money to invest and the team languished at the back. With RB money GCM seems to think that the Team can regain owhat it once had - a competitive budget. Mr M gets it and can back it up.

But I still remain cautious - the devil is in the details.
  • I don't disagree with anything GCM has said in the quote you have posted. I'ts great to see positive comments reagrding the future prospecgts of the team.

But this load of Bull (pardon the pun ;)) that PS didn't understand F1 (as well as the Reb Bull God) is just plain ignorant. Yes, PS didn't have the budget to do what he wanted to do, everyone knows this. Are we going to keep on stating the obvious? and for good measure put the knife into Paul?

It wasn't PS that sent the team broke, he bought it, pulled it out of debt and kept it in F1 and is still competing, enough that Red Bull bought in. Sure Mr M has the money, bloody great. Implying that PS couldn't lead Minardi to show its true potential given the right amount of money is going way too far.

This anti Paul sentiment was and is completely unjustified.
  • It's justified in some places.
  • TasM - we'll put the knives away when you stop lobbying for sainthood.
  • Sainthood, that's a little extreme. He didn't get the team where I would have hoped, so I wouldn't call him a saint, but I will give credit where credit is due. Yes, Jello, it is justified in SOME places, but this is getting ridiculous! Sticking in at every opportunity is wrong.

I'll also keep an open mind about the newest team owner Mr M. I hope I can support him and the team in the coming years the same way I have supported Paul and the team in the past.

Unlike some, I can accept that GCM hasn't run the team for years - for those who haven't, Boohoo, get over it! Everyone did their best, it's over.

Deal - No more PS talk from me

Forza TBA!
  • Quote from GCM:

'At the moment, Minardi make do with an annual budget that a top team would squander in a month. I believe that Red Bull will make the necessary investment so that Minardi can show its true potential.'

TasM - this quote says more than it appears. PS did not have the money to invest and the team languished at the back. With RB money GCM seems to think that the Team can regain owhat it once had - a competitive budget. Mr M gets it and can back it up.

But I still remain cautious - the devil is in the details.
    In the german interview GCM said the 2004 budget was 25 million Euros. This season (2005) the team won't reach the 28 million Euro mark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compared to TOIT and Toyota for example, it's a fuckin' miracle we are within 2 seconds of their cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!