Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Fisichella - really just crap?

That was a pretty pathetic last 5 laps from Fisi. :spank:

It used to be 'he just needs a good car', now is it 'ok, heres a great car, whats the problem?'

Too little too late?

Comments

• Just to little...No excuses for that one.

Look how long it took Kimi and Alonso to get around MS and MW. Both Schu and Webber had much slower cars than Fisi, but Kimi and Alonso had some trouble, especialy with Micahel. There is no excuse for Fisi to have let him through like that, even though it was a great move by Kimi.
  • Yep, he's crap.

Sorry Salvo.
  • Talking of crap, do you guys think PizzaBoy has driven himself out of a seat next year after that? Not a mistake he could afford to make, especially after Brazil.
  • Fisi, didn't do himself any favours with Flav. I wonder if he'll get the same treatment as Jarno did last year for that last lap brain fade.

On the bright side, no one is as bad as Sato. He is just crap.
  • Put it this way, Fisi is better than the two idiots that are driving for Minardi. He ended the day in second place, ahead of the Schumi's (both of them) the World champion.....

Give the bloke a break...you crityical people.
  • These guys are paid millions to do what they do.

Fisi and Sato have been awful all season when you look at what their team mates have done and today just shows that. Fisi given a golden chance to win and Sato needed to give something to his home fans after the support they have shown him recently.

They're both Donkey's
  • inkwazi... ugh, I won't even touch it. Sorry dude but you're way way off mate.
  • Talking of crap, do you guys think PizzaBoy has driven himself out of a seat next year after that? Not a mistake he could afford to make, especially after Brazil.
    Yes. Put a fork in him, he's wellllllll done. He was done after his Jaguar outing.
  • Fisico's excuse was that he Kimi had a much quicker car and that he didn't want to risk a collision.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article/1128930060/formula_one/F1weekender/Fisi-out-of-Flavs-favour/view.html
  • Flavio is a liar.

He's just saying this so that he is not slammed for being unsafe,

Lets put it this way. Fisi defends his position and finishes 1st. This means that he gets 10pts, Kimi 8pts and Alonso 6pts. Renault end up 6 pts clear in the constructors.

or

Fisi defends his position and takes out Kimi. Alonso wins and gets 10pts, Kimi and Fisi finish outside the points as there were 12 drivers on the lead lap. Renault move 8 pts clear of McLaren.

or

Fisi rolls over and lets Kimi through, Renault end up 2 pts clear.

Now of all three options. Which one do you think Flav would rather not see happen.

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by willie12masters]
  • Talking of crap, do you guys think PizzaBoy has driven himself out of a seat next year after that?
    He sure has. What do you think he's thinking in the below pic? :spank:

F*ck. Basically no competition for a race drive next year and I still screw it up. :rolleyes:
  • Here's my 2 pennarth. Fisi is not crap. I'm certain he'd blow Webber's doors off in similar Machinery. The problem is he's a number 2 at Renault and Briatore lets him know it. Apart from going defensive too early into the chicane I doubt he could have kept Raikkonen back. The Maclaren was literally flying.
  • Petrol, he looked pretty crap after that. I've always defended Fisico but I was wrong.

He lost stacks to Kimi in the final laps, was faffing about like an old woman (early brakes, etc.)

Are we really saying that Italian drivers are so delicate that they can't handle a bit of stick from Flav? Trulli and Fisico seem to prove the point.
  • :hehe: No excuse...Fisi lost it.

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by TasM]
  • I didn't agree with what happened with Trulli last season as he was out performing Alonso at the time.

But if they are going to be fair. Fisi should be sacked then they can get a out of shape former Champ to take his place????

How heavy is Hakkinen.

Fisi was shocking without a doubt. He had in the bag with 10 laps to go. Truth be told, if Renault had two quality drivers like McLaren. They could've sewn up the Championship a few races ago.
  • On Pizzonia.

I can't believe that Williams were considering him instead of Hiedfeld in pre-season. It seems ridiculous. Williams have obviously lowered their standards.

McLaren needed substitutes earlier in the season and when they unleashed Wurz and De la Rosa, they were brilliant. It seems that a good test/reserve is a must now a days.
  • I'm amazed people are starting to see what I've been yelling for about a year (or maybe longer) now.
  • I've been very disappointed by Fisichella
    I'd say that he proved that he's not a number one.
    And it's not a matter of points, cos he's been unlucky and without all those technical problems he would be probably ahead of montoya. That's not the point.
    The point is that he's not a number one. He doesn't have that in his dna. Thta's it.

Saying he's "crap" seems absurde to me.
    You can't call "crap" a driver like that, I'm sorry.
    Don't forget that before this year Fisico never had a winning car and he got 1 win 10 podiums 1 pole and 1 fastest lap.

Sato's crap. Fisichella is not a world champion and won't ever be, but he's not crap.
    I'd say Fisichella is a second driver, a "luxury" second driver, in some way he got Patrese's heritage.
  • I agree with salvo completely.

you can't call Fisico a crap because he can make very good races sometimes.
  • The way fisichella telegraphed his defence into the chicane when he wasn't really under pressure, made it inevitable that Raikkonen would pass him on the next lap. It does look like that Fisichella is not strong when threatened.

Pizzonia seems to be a little careless, and is right back under Webbers thumb again; surely they wouldn't replace him with Klein who suffers from the same syndrome. Maybe Coulthard could be brought back into Williams?

• Can't believe you just compared Fisi to Patrese. Patrese was a great no 2 driver.

Patrese 1992 in the same car as the then World Champion Mansell in a 16 race season. He scored 1 win, got himself on the Podium 9 times, and didn't qualify outside the top 4. He scored 56 pts with at most 30 cars circulating (now that's traffic problems). If Mansell wasn't racing that year. Patrese was Champion.

Fisichella 2005 in the same car as the World Champion Alonso. 18 races so far, 1 win, 3 podiums, and has been awful. In 1992 he would've scored 35 pts from a 20 car grid.

This is his 10th Season. 10 podiums isn't great. Lets not count that win in Brazil for heavens sake. Seeming as his team mate has bettered that this season.
  • They could certainly do worse than DC, who seems to have discovered the enthusiasm he had back in 1995.

I don't know who Williams will end up with. I hope it's not Rosberg - not yet, a year of testing and 3rd driver duties would be a good move but i've got the feeling FW will put him in and hope he's the second coming of Keke.

I'd like to see one of the McLaren testers, preferrably Wurz. They know intricate details about the championship's fastest car and obviously are fiine development drivers with raw speed at times. Just like Mark Webber.

salvo - good call with the Patrese comparo, and please understand I know Fisi isn't 'crap' - it was just an expression to describe my exasperation with his frequent ordinary performances when in a strong position.

:)

• sure P1, I know what you meant. :)
    willie, I respect your opinion, but I disagree.
  • Instead I don't respect it, but I agree:hehe:
  • :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
  • This is his 10th Season. 10 podiums isn't great. Lets not count that win in Brazil for heavens sake. Seeming as his team mate has bettered that this season.
    Don't count Brazil? He passed Kimi Raikkonen on the final lap to win it! Kimi was also very light on fuel at that point...

Don't forget how fisichella has lost plenty of podiums through bad luck and mechanical problems...Argentina 97 (R. Schumacher collided into him), Germany 97 (tyre blew whilst he was set for win), Austria 98 (Alesi collided into him whilst he was in a pdoium place), and he's battered a few team mates in his time, like Wurz and Firman...

Oh, and this is what he's said this week about Minardi (from itv-f1.com):

“I am very sad to see them go," said Fisichella.

"My first test was there, my first F1 race too, and I have to say thank you to Giancarlo Minardi for the opportunity.

The atmosphere was fantastic, with the Italian mechanics, and we laughed all the time. It is a great team, and they will always have a place in my heart.”

Oh, and Alonso said this:

“I think Minardi has always been an example for a lot of people," he said.

"It is not the power of money that gives them their fighting spirit, it is the power of the people.

"They were a good thing for F1: now, it is often all about business, but with Minardi, everything was just about motor racing.”

--

I might support Renault next season...;)

Or the only remaining privateer, Williams.
  • Ok Fisi had a bad race but so does everyone else. Fernando in Canada. JPM basically all the time. Kimi, The two schumis. Not fair to judge on one race or even one season. Judge over his career.

I've never thought he was crap and never will.

He's made up for it so far. Second on the grid alongside Fernando.