Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Future Plans: 'Toro Rosso' situation

Just thought we could all exchange a few thoughts about our plans if Red Bull indeed goes ahead with changing the name of the team to 'Squadra Toro Rosso'.

As for myself, I've decided that if the name goes, I'll stop following F1 completely. I can't picture myself rooting for one of the "Sony Microsoft Coca-Cola"-racing teams that are left in the sport. For me, it's Minardi or nothing - even if they retain GCM and Faenza, if the name isn't there, neither am I.

What are your plans, guys? And what will become of this site, shall it shut down, remain a tribute to the history of Minardi or be renamed to www.forzasquadratororosso.com with heavy Red Bullshit sponsorship?-)

Comments

• I'll stick around. At very worst, I enjoy these forums (it's the only one I use!), and the people here are very knowledgeable about the sport. As for the team, it's the same people just with a (potentially) different name. I wouldn't be an absolute fanatic, but i'd keep an occasional eye on them.
  • in all fairness brooksey... if they go ahead, send me a wishy-washy, pre-written answer and do remove any reference to Minardi from the f1 grid, there will be no more forum to go to...
  • I can't imagine not following F1, but I'll go back to the days when I watched it without following a particular team. I can't support Squadra Toro Rosso, even if there are some people building cars in Faenza and GCM is there making the tea. It's not enough for me, especially now the Minardi name has definitely gone.

What I am a bit worried about is that I'll start to hope they'll do badly - that would be very sad :(
  • I've always followed the sport, and always will with occasional bored forays into the bikes or tourers.

The difference is that before Stoddart bought Minardi, I never followed any particular team, or driver. It'll just go back to that.

As far as forums go, pfft, don't listen to Soprano boy. He's got the A1 thing all lined up as a contingency exactly as he planned it would be if things went wrong.

You see, he really does deserve to be in the Diplomatic Corps.
  • the way things are going it looks like

Minardi fan 1997 - 2005
    F1 fan 1997 - 2005.

What will I do with my weekends now.
  • I will still watch F1 hopefully with Ferrari, THE ONLY ITALIAN TEAM LEFT, starts winning again.

Also in the hope that TORO Rosso Red District goes bankrupt and get the biggest embarrasment ever.

I am considering putting all my Minardi minichamps for sale on e-bay.

It's the end of an era, my friends!

My only hoep is that Red BUll will make a u-turn and the petition effects them, by putting the name MInardi across. Do we have a .000001 per cent chance guys?

• I'll drift off to a Williams forum somewhere - can anyone point me to one?

I came to Minardi on the back of Mark Webber, if Minardi goes as we know it I may as well go too. Especially if the regulars all drift off, which i'm sure they will. :(

This place has become like dropping in on a wake for several weeks now, the optimism is gone, as it frankly should be. We are cooked, we are the new Arrows. I'm sure the Jordan & Sauber fans feel the same way - if the name's gone, my heart's not in it anymore.

off topic - wonder how Matt's doing over there at SauberSpeak? :hehe:

Can I encourage the Australian members who came here to support Mark Webber to join me (like joing Darth Vader, but I digress...) at whichever Williams forum we decide on, we may as well stick together in some form so we can keep in touch for the annual GP meetup. And Williams are returning to being the only truly independent team on the grid (if you don't count TOIT), so that ought to be worth something. ;)

Good luck to all of you if we don't speak for too many more days.

• Minardi's the only F1 team I've been a fan of.

At least I have the videos of the 1999 European GP, 2002 Australian GP, 2004 American GP and the 2005 American Gp to look back on.
  • Of course I will keep on following F1.

My favourite team may be gone, but my favourite sport goes on!!!

Also AFAIK most teammembers will stay at the Squadra and I believe they deserve my support.

Also I'd love to see next year's battle between Kimi, Fernando, Juan Pablo. And maybe even Michael and Jenson can mix it with those guys !?!?!?
  • Good one Lease! Same for me unless....

I, as well as all of the other Minardi Clubs are waiting on word from Faenza. This is more about a name - it is about the spirit and the passion of the folks in Faenza. The MCSF will proably go away - it all depends on what RB does. But I will still support GCM and the DREAM in anyway I can.

I believe RJ when he says FM.com will go away. He once said to me that if there is no Minardi what is there to Forza!

Look, we have had a good run here. Lots of laughs, good times and bad. Some ripping arguments on the pub side. But like any good party eventually it will have to end.

More will be known in the future so lets keep our heads up.
  • If the forum is still going I will post my news from Faenza on the 28th of this month. I am fortunate enough to be there and will be able to find out whats hapening with the staff. I truly hope GCM will play a part in the future. The name is gone but I hope the spirit lives on! I've been following F1 for over 25 years and I wont stop now.
    My favourite team may be gone, but my favourite sport goes on!!!

Also AFAIK most teammembers will stay at the Squadra and I believe they deserve my support.
    Sums up my feelings.
  • I'm with Minardus an Ger on this one.

Also I will always refer to Toro Rosso as Minardi, not to mention it is easier to say than Squadra Toro Rosso.

[Edited on 15/10/2005 by Telstar]
  • What RJ, you will close this forum? Don't give up so easily. I'll still be here with many others I suspect. But if the end is near, fine, what is the Williams Forum P1? I'll go that way if you close down this site.
  • I've always followed the sport, and always will with occasional bored forays into the bikes or tourers.

The difference is that before Stoddart bought Minardi, I never followed any particular team, or driver. It'll just go back to that.
    Me too.
  • Been going to F1 races for the past 34 years...... and will
    make 2006 my 35th year. As flawed as F1 is, it remains a passion......

Best wishes to all who have graced ForzaMinardi.com..........

• spent last night thinking about it and I'm only sticking to F1 until Schumi goes. Want to see the World's best driver break the last record of Number of Gp's then I'll go from there.
  • The current state of the sport is so sad, that I think I'll stop following F1 entirely.
  • I have been following steadily F1 since 1984, and I always will.

But I don't like the pessimism I see in all of you.
    First: Why do you already give it for granted that RB will delete the Minardi name. I know it's difficult, but WAIT AND SEE! Fuck, guys, WAIT AND SEE. :spank:

Second: RJ, why should you close the forum? If we do not have Minardi anymore, we have anyway all become a bunch of cyberfriends here, I think we can go on, at least as ForzaF1 forum, or Anti-TOIT and RBR forum.
  • I'll keep following the sport.
    There'll always be some teams and drivers who represent our aspirations more than others.

Squadra Toro Rosso doesn't do anything for me as a name.
    MINARDI was more than an Italian thing, as the driversand supporters of so many different nationalities, British and Italian crew and Aussie owner showed.

To me, it is "Arrivaderci Minardi".

I'll still visit and if the Minardi spirit lives on in the site, well and good.

The site always went quiet over the break, so we'll have to wait till next year to see whether the FM site is viable or not.
    RJ's view has to be respected and without his enthusiasm, I wouldn't see a future.

I'll be posting over at A1fans.net

To all the gang, hope we can all stay in touch. In most groups the size of FM there's a baddie (enemy) or nemesis.
    But you're all a great bunch, whether we agree or not, and that's often when we learn new stuff.

Cheers!

ForzaMinardi!

Spin
  • Bye!

No, no, no. I agree with Manlio, this site must continue as a beacon of good sense and piss-taking. Minardi lives in our hearts and it seems crazy to shut the site down.

FORZA MINARDI!

PS in terms of support, I have and always will support Williams and McLaren, but you knew that.
  • To all the gang, hope we can all stay in touch. In most groups the size of FM there's a baddie (enemy) or nemesis.
    But you're all a great bunch, whether we agree or not, and that's often when we learn new stuff.
    Yeah, and we had Matt.
    But he left to SauberSpeak.
    I wonder what team he's going to follo in 2006 ?! My gues is Williams.
  • These are stressful times for many of you.
    Dear Viges, you really needn't confess your secrets affairs with William and that deadful scot.

Some of you kindly asked about Matt. I'm sorry to say that he's a sad case. He has nearly lost it completely. I never like to give up on a client buit he's going crazy about how much Paul is making from the sale and launching his new airline too.

Petrol, you need to find a new hobby. How about popping over some time? You too, Minardifan2002, waiting for Michael to win another GP is a hopeless cause.

Lease, MCSF, Doc and DST when you've fixed the world, what then?

Good luck with Webber and Willaims, MP1 and TasM. They'll need all the help they can get.

Finally, Driver, thanks for your comments and this topic.
    There's too many of you dears to mention you all personally, so I just wish you all good mental health and have another one of what you like best for me.

RJ, our secret is safe isn't it?

luv to y'all,

Cela
  • I think some of you guys are too emotional at the moment.
    I'm not a Minardi fan at all, have always been a big Verstappen fan as some of you probably know and always thought I couldn't watch F1 if he's gone. Then came 2004 and even if it wasn't easy, even if it wasn't the same for me as before I was still watching the races on Sunday mid-afternoons.
    And so I do today and don't think I'm wasting my time.

Why I'm saying this? Just to show that it is possible to follow the sport without following a particular driver or team after all as somebody mentioned already. I'm such a follower.
    I know that for people like RJ or Emmett Minardi was not a hobby but a lifestyle, still it had to end one day didn't it?
    Having said that, I do hope this forum will stay online because I really liked all these discussions we had together.
    I never said this but the main reason why I stayed in here after Jos left Minardi was all the people who were around.
  • i'm sad, i'm sad.:(:(

Forza Ferrari, The Only Italian Team!
  • @ Cela_Trams

Who said anything about Michael winning I meant when he reaches 256 gp's or more.

Thats a record that is going to be hard for anyone to beat after Schumi.

I just realised how hard it will be to give up F1. A couple of people from my Karioke group are F1 fanatics. Even more so than me. :( I've been beat.
  • A couple of people from my Karioke group....
    It just keeps getting better and better!
  • Awww Cela, you bring a tear to my eye, if only i got to know you better.....

As for me i guess its a wait and see. For me all ive known in F1 is Minardi, with a slight soft spot for Sauber. They have both gone, and so has the spirit in F1. Torro Rosso, get stuffed. For me its MINARDI or nothing.

I know people who supported Stewart which transformed to Jaguar, they then tried to follow Jaguar but admitted its not the same and quickly lost interest in the team. That'll be the same if we supported Squadra Toro Rosso, it wont be the same.

I'll prob still lurk about on the board if the site remians open, and i guess i'll always have the memories. There will never be another team in F1 like Minardi. Its a sad sad day.

Forza Minardi - 4eva
  • We are on war with red bull racing.
    We must prepare a new list with over of 30,000 people
    I Don't sign in previus...:spank:
  • P1, if you want a Williams fan site go to:
    http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/list/s107.htm
    But be warned, a large majority that can barely string a few words together and whose knowledge on things F1 is miniscule are anti Webber. You will have your work cut out.

If this site goes it will be a shame, because really, I love you guys!.

Pfft, get real.

No really, trolling through other "fan" sites, this humble little site with its core members is quite easily the most knowledgeable on things F1, the most intelligent, the most witty & sarcastic. It's fun being here. Just look at other sites, it's just vile, and all they do is insult each other. At least our arguments are more civil.

Like many here I have followed the sport for many years. I follow the "sport" more than individual "teams" or "drivers". I really only followed Minardi when Paul took it over, but Im glad I did.

If this site goes it will be a shame, but life goes on and so does F1. I will still stay up late watching the races, I will still go to the GP's (already purchased my 2006 Melbourne tix in the Fangio stand incase any one else is going. Every year I go I buy a new team hat. Got about 10 different teams.

Anyhoo, if the place stays so will I.

Now Im off to cryyyyy......
  • Group hug?