Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Future Plans: 'Toro Rosso' situation

Comments

• I've supported F1 since the mid 80's. I love this sport. It's a real shame about Minardi, but I'll bestill be here in this forum. As many of the others have said, this is a great bunch of members and this site should stay. Red Bull may have bought the team, but they didn't buy us, this forum or our love of the sport. Let keep this place going as a place to get together and talk F1.

Roo is right, the other forums out there are pretty lame compared to this one. When I did start following Minardi (when PS bought in) It was the members of this site (when we were at rivals.net) that really made me love this team even more. You guys inspired me into really following this team rather than just the sport. Years ago I used to be a TOIT fan, even before the Schui era. This team and its fans (you guys) beat them hand down.
  • FORZA - Strength, Power, Force.

We're suppose to be Minardi fans. If we just go away and forget about Minardi, we're just going to be like any other F1 fan, which make our team, just like any other F1 team. We'd be just like the fans at all the teams before us that have come and gone. Next season, people will start to forget about Minardi slowly. Unless there is a mad group of fans still turning up to Grand Prix in their Minardi hats, with their Minardi banners.

If next season, there is a group of Minardi fanatics at every grand prix keeping the Spirit of Minardi alive. Then they'd get more notice than ever before. I say we keep the Petition going and going and going until we get Minardi back on the grid. However many years it takes. Maybe in 2008 GCM starts fresh. A 2 year break in 23 years wouldn't mean alot.

As long as all you guys stick around then Minardi will continue to still be the Underdog. The team that won't go away. We just won't have a car on the grid...for a while

'spirito di gruppo'

FORZA MINARDI
  • No really, trolling through other "fan" sites, this humble little site with its core members is quite easily the most knowledgeable on things F1, the most intelligent, the most witty & sarcastic. It's fun being here. Just look at other sites, it's just vile, and all they do is insult each other. At least our arguments are more civil.
    Let's keep this forum running.
    And if RJ wants to close it, maybe someone else can be the webmaster and buy the domain from him.

Hey, lets change the name to www.civil-f1-discussions.com !!:P
  • I see no reason for closing this site or this board. The Minardi name may disappear but we, the fans, shouldn't. As long as there are people that remembers the team, the spirit of the team will never disappear. We need to keep this site and this board open so that we, the fans, can gather here and discuss old memories and also talk about peapole that were connected to the Minardi team, like drivers, team personnel and sponsors etc.
  • I am a minardi fan, but before that I've supported various drivers. I prefer to support a team than drivers because they last longer.

Maybe I will become a twisted red bull hater and watch just to see them crash and burn !!;)

Assuming the FIA doesnt f**k things up any further i will continue to watch F1.

I think it is unlikely that "Torro Rosso" will be worthy of my support but I will see how things develop over this winter and next season.

In 2008 maybe GCM or PS will start a new team, if they do, they will get my vote. :cool:

If this site still exists (and the core members are still here) I will continue to post.

If RJ shuts the shop I will probably go to his GP2 site.

• Well the new name is inane, it's so inane that I can't bring myself to type it, or even cut and paste it.

I suggest we call it it: FKAM

Formarly Known As Minardi.

The acronymn is pretty much what Red Cow has done to us.

Marc
  • I can't see any reason why this forum can't continue if RJ agrees. After all it was a forum for discussing F1 not just Minardi.
  • I suggest everyone send a message similer in nature to the one below to your local Red cow subsidiary. It won't do anything, but it might give you closure

Dear Red Bull (your country)

Isn't it a bit inane to give an internationally supported team a name that simply means Red Bull in Italian?

I mean the marketing guru who came up with that really earned his bucks today.

Don't you guys feel stupid that in a year in which a Minardi Debutant is crowned World champion. You guys are abandoning the name.

Isn't it silly that when your stated aim in purchasing the team is to foster young talent, you're giving up a name that has become synonymous with doing just that.

And all that effort went into portraying Red Bull as a cool hip company. It's a bit ridiculous when all you're really seeking bland obediant corporate uniformity.

Too much caffeine guys.

It's not a substitute for passion
  • hehe just send that off yourself once it is made official i think it is quite funny
  • hehe just send that off yourself once it is made official i think it is quite funny
    I have, to the South African contact Email, and the Austrian One.

I think I'm also going to send it to our local commentary team who thought the new name was cool.

*sewipes.
  • @ MY FRIEND, MR BARTUNEK

Dear Rj, 2 years and a half passed since I became a forzaminardi member.
    I want to say a huge GRAZIE to you for all this great time we all spent together here.

I was thinking of our great time in bologna, I thought of my great friend Emmett, of our nice talking while drinking wine, of Jello going shopping when the minardi were running for qualifying, of Ger's laughs, of Murph's great pic of Michele Alboreto that is framed in my son's room. I was thinking of me and simon talking walking down the track in Imola, of Ste "playing rugby" in that crowdy train, of me and Dan (minardirule) eating "salsiccia" on the grass, of bouc and I having a dfrink in piazza Maggiore.

I was thinking about our calls on the phone when you were in Italy, about that amazing interview with GCM. I was thinking about that time that Fox Mulder sent me al that stuff about polish language cos I needed it for my book, nd Neil who bought a book of mine and sent it to a friend of his in Rome...

I was thinking about all this.

And that's why I'm asking you to do me a huge favour.

KEEP THIS SITE ON.

THIS IS AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE.
  • RJ, I am fully aligned on Salvo's position. Even though, due to my location, my contribution was smaller than Salvo's, I enjoyed a lot the company of all of you, and, despite everything, I say that the end of Minardi's story in F1 (but I am still confident that we may have some positive surprise) is not a good enough reason to close this site.

[Edited on 17/10/2005 by manlio27]
  • I've been out since the buyout was announced, BTDT and I didn't want to suffer what the process entails even though this team never gave me the payoff for 3 seasons of attention.

I'll still watch F1 but CART/ChampCar interests me much more at this point. It's a dark time in F1 IMO, what with all the 'B' teams garbage. Williams will be the team for me. If the site continues I'll poke my head in once and awhile. Otherwise it's off to the ChampCar.com forums.
  • Nah, it sucks.

Torch the talk-fest.
  • This is my first year on this forum. It showed me how great it is to share opinions, humour and all kind of insights with you guys, living all over the world. It’s more than just babbling about how great this sport and Minardi are. It creates an entire new world. An environment that provides a broader view on things (and the chance tho reject them :-)). It makes us part of a wonderful community.
    Even whem I’m still a newbie over here, I would hate to loose this all. So Robert Jan, this is a plea for keeping FM.com alive. Not because we are supporters of the new team, but because it’s so much more than ‘just’ a forum.
  • Williams will be the team for me.
    Good call dst.

Even if Webber wasn't there, Williams would still be my chosen team. Frank deserves our support imho because, as the last of the great independents, he's going to be pushing shit uphill and aren't we all able to sympathise with that? :hehe:

At least for an indie he's a bloody well funded indie. ;)

'Roo, I can't see where you go to register on that Williams forum. :(

• P1, I hope you have a strong constitution. Williams don't look capable of turning things round and they are looking to sign Rosberg. If Rosberg did a job like Pizzaboy everyone would say he's rubbish!
  • I'd take Rosberg over Pizzaboy in a heartbeat.

Williams will surprise, Webber showed enough in those last few races to give me confidence that he hasn't given up and neither has the team. 16km/h slower on China's srarights, but he still looked good. :)

[Edited on 18/10/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • Maybe Montagny goes to Williams??

He must have some drive secured somewhere. If he didn't, why else would he already leave Renault??????
  • Well said Salvo I pretty much agree with all that you've said there. I've followed F1 since 1988 and found Minardi as a "second" team shortly after that and then from about '97 as the only team despite having the piss taken a great deal I stuck with them thinking I was alone with this strange obsession until discovering this place and generally having a great time!!

I'm glad I got to the get together in Italy this year should this prove to be the final year it's a good way to go out, though I like the idea of GCM in 2008 and I'll stick with F1 to see what happens.

RJ if you know whats good for you take Salvo's advice I think he's serious...........
  • RJ's playing us like a maestro - he has no inetention of shutting down this site, he just wants us to beg like peasants.

Well, I won't do it. Get stuffed RJ, you big Austro-Dutch Mary.

Where's the McLaren forum? ...
  • RJ if you know whats good for you take Salvo's advice I think he's serious...........
    And he's Sicilian! :o

[Edited on 19/10/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • RJ listen to the Sicilian or you could find yourself sleeping with the fishes!!!
  • Maybe someone should restrict his access to horses.
  • Sport
    19 ott 11:02
    Formula Uno: la Minardi cambia nome e affida il volante a una donna
    LONDRA - Test al femminile per la Minardi che poco fa, con una nota ufficiale, ha comunicato di voler provare in pista la pilota britannica Katherine Legge, protagonista di tre vittorie nella Toyota Atlantic, dove si e' piazzata al terzo posto nella classifica generale. La Legge, 25 anni, sara' la prima donna a provare un bolide di Formula Uno dopo che l'americana Sarah Fisher aveva testato una McLaren a Indianapolis nel 2002. Altra novita' per l'anno prossimo sara' il nome della scuderia, che dopo l'acquisizione da parte dell'azienda austriaca Red Bull, cambiera' il nome della Minardi in Toro Rosso. (Agr)

Guys, even Corriere dela Sera is confirming (beside Kathy Legge's testing) that Minardi shall change name into Toro Rosso.

I'm afraid it'over, c'est fini:(
  • i'm resigned myself to Minardi going. But I'm always going to have videos from 1998 - 2005 to watch so I'm not saying goodbye to Minardi forever.
  • we can still meet here next year, we will have a lot of fights, everyone has his opinions re this Toro Rosso situation. Some are still going to support Toro Rosso Red BullShit.

I will not have it, also some others. I am going to support Ferrari, some are supporting Williams or McLaren, some for Kimi!!!!!!! We will have fun my friends! Assbashing each other!
  • Only way I'd support Ferrari is if they reached the bottom of the order and Stoddie took them over! :)

Spin
  • Only way I'd support Ferrari is if they reached the bottom of the order and Stoddie took them over! :)

Spin
  • Funny you say that - I once thought that - well knowing GCM and the Old Man were quite close - that maybe GCM would take over TOIT.......

Those of us that made it to Minardifest 05 (take note we are working on a Minardifest 06 as we speak) saw THE LETTER!