Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Vallelunga test week 47!!

2»

Comments

• The team got about 5 minutes on the BBC 6'oclock news due to Katherine Legge's participation, not brilliant but saw some running, the cameras missed her shunt but GREAT to see the all the guys out there and the cars running on the track in Minardi livery and as Minardi's.

STR didn't even get a mention:D
  • Nothing wrong with Katherine's lap times. Still six seconds faster than Nissany.
  • Take particular note of the final two paragraphs:

"Doornbos in action at Vallelunga this week

Former Minardi driver and Jordan test driver, Robert Doornbos will be taking part in the action at Vallelunga this week, the Dutch racer not officially undertaking a test as such as he will be taking on the role of chauffeur instead.

On Wednesday, after a six week break from racing, Robert will be one of several drivers including his former teammate Christijan Albers who has now signed on to race with MidlandF1, where he will take guests of sponsor ‘Muermans Group’ on the ride of their life. Bridgestone has reserved the 4.085 kilometre track near Rome for the activities.

“It’s always good fun to drive the two-seater,” Robert said on his official website. “Last year around this time I did my first laps in it during an event which Harry Muermans organised and of course I thrilled Zandvoort only last summer during the DTM event over there.”

However, while not mentioned in the teams official test program released earlier, Robert has revealed that he will be on track later today undertaking some development work for the team…

“Next to this I’ll also help the team with their development program on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to get back behind the wheel again after being ‘off-duty’ for a couple of weeks!” he confirmed.

• Nothing wrong with Katherine's lap times. Still six seconds faster than Nissany.
    I could be faster than Nissany.
    She didn't set a lap time...

Rigon was 6 seconds faster.
  • The best times can be found here:
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=26571
    Funnt how drivers that make their FIRST EVER laps in F1 are even faster as Nissany who did his fair share of laps last season !!!!!!!!:o:rolleyes:

Btw,

PS is a smart guy.
    He knew a lot of press would be there for Legge, so he gave her an overall with a BIG Ozjet logo !!!!:)
  • like Danica, fast cars andf hot women get the press' attention... If only this kind of marketing had happened earlier

How are you guys watching this? !?!?!
  • She's gorgeous. Ran into her, almost literally, at San Jose and I had to fight off the urge to touch her.
  • like Danica, fast cars andf hot women get the press' attention... If only this kind of marketing had happened earlier
    I just read that Danica was married today (or was it yesterday?). Bad PR ;)
  • LEGGE IMPRESSIVE IN FIRST FORMULA ONE TEST

CAMPAGNANO DI ROMA, November 23, 2005 - British driver, Katherine Legge today successfully completed a 27-lap test for the Minardi F1 Team at the Autodromo Vallelunga. The 25-year-old was on track from mid-morning on Wednesday, and after commencing her scheduled runs on intermediate tyres in deference to the cold and damp conditions, the team’s engineers switched her car onto dry tyres as the temperature rose and track conditions improved. It was then she strung together a series of impressively quick, consistent laps, culminating in a best time of 1 min 21.176 secs around the 4.11-km circuit that nestles in the hills above Rome. Sharing the track with Legge in the course of Wednesday were Minardi tester, Chanoch Nissany, and young Uruguayan driver, Juan Caceres. In addition, the Minardi F1x2 cars were again in action, Patrick Friesacher and Christijan Albers taking a total of 20 VIP guests for high-speed runs around the Roman circuit.

KATHERINE LEGGE
    “First of all, I want to say thank you to Paul Stoddart and all the guys at Minardi for their unstinting support over the last two days. It has been a fantastic experience, and they have been just absolutely great the whole time. As for the test, I expected the unexpected, and that’s what I got. It was certainly a lot easier today than yesterday, mainly because I was left alone to focus on what I had to do. I did the best job I could, and bearing in mind my relative lack of experience, I’m very pleased with the result. The trouble is, I can’t wait to get back in an F1 car again now!”

CHANOCH NISSANY
    “It’s definitely been a good day. I was able to improve a lot in the course of the morning and afternoon sessions, and the track was in good condition for most of the day. I have had the honour to drive at Minardi’s final test, and now I look forward to taking part in the last day tomorrow, with Paul Stoddart. I feel a historic moment approaching.”

PAUL STODDART
    “On the third day of Minardi’s last test, at Vallelunga, it was pleasing to see Katherine complete her test and set one of the fastest times of the past three days, proving that she’s definitely got what it takes to be a Formula One driver. Chanoch Nissany, our regular tester, steadily improved throughout the day, and young charger, Juan Caceres, also completed his test with some very impressive times. At the same time, the F1x2 programme provided a group of 30 lucky passengers with the experience of a lifetime, Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher handling the driving duties today. We now look forward to a slightly bittersweet day tomorrow, when Minardi will complete its final outing.”

- Ends -
    Minardi Testing Detail - Autodromo Vallelunga, Campagnano di Roma, Italy
    Date: November 23, 2005
    Air temperature: 5-9 deg C
    Track temperature: 6-12 deg C
    Weather: Cold, partially overcast in the morning, becoming sunny later

Driver: Chanoch Nissany (IS) Driver: Katherine Legge (GB) Driver: Juan Caceres (UR)
    Chassis allocation: PS05/01 Chassis allocation: PS05/02 Chassis allocation: PS05/02
    Number of laps: 50 Number of laps: 27 Number of laps: 10
    Distance covered: 205.5 km Distance covered: 111.0 km Distance covered: 44.1 km
    Fastest lap: 1 min 24.65 secs Fastest lap: 1 min 21.176 secs Fastest lap: 1 min 21.019 secs
  • She's gorgeous. Ran into her, almost literally, at San Jose and I had to fight off the urge to touch her.
    :o

I wouldn't go as far as 'shes gorgeous'.

She's 'ok'.
  • Have you seen her in person? She has a bit of a presense. Not to mention that being fast is sexy.
  • Nissany is not very sexy.
  • He's not very fast
  • I love these quotes by GCM on Ms Legge -
    Team founder Gian Carlo Minardi, who was not left impressed after the first day's crash, praised Legge after her second test.

"I take back everything I said previously on Katherine," said Minardi. "She ran with a quick and especially consistent pace. She was absolutely not worn out physically and I think she can carry on along this route.

"That mistake on the first day was an unavoidable toll, but she reacted by reasoning with a professional calmness and coolness."

After Tuesday's test, Minardi had not been so impressed.

"F1 cars are hard to drive, it's not a joke and it's not comfortable to sit in them. On top of that conditions weren't ideal for a beginner," he said on Tuesday. "The asphalt was very cold and she didn't manage to keep the tyres at the right temperature. We haven't been able to understand if she has the right disposition.

"Here you also need a suitable physical preparation. I don't know if she'll want to change her physique but, since she's very pretty, she could always decide to become a model one day."

[Edited on 24/11/2005 by Ger]
  • Hahaha. The model comment was great.

Thanks for the video Boos. :)
  • Today's pics:
    http://www.f1racing.net/en/gallery.php?catID=1864
    Stoddart drives last ever lap for Minardi

Stoddart ready for action
    In wintery sunshine, the Minardi F1 Team today made its last on-track appearance, Team Principal for the past five years, Paul Stoddart, and official tester, Chanoch Nissany, bringing the final chapter of Minardi's memorable 21-year history F1 at Vallelunga.

In a final gesture, Stoddart took to the Roman circuit late Thursday afternoon, in a lone Minardi Cosworth PS05, in order to salute the small, but enthusiastic, group of dedicated fans and supporters who had gathered to witness the historic occasion.

Fittingly, former Minardi drivers, Marc Gené and Gianni Morbidelli, as well as popular Italian singing star, and long-time supporter of the Faenza squad, Max Gazzè, were among those present. As on the previous three days of the test, the Minardi F1x2 cars were also in action on Thursday, with Morbidelli, plus 2005 Minardi F1 Team drivers, Robert Doornbos and Patrick Friesacher, taking a total of 40 VIP guests, nominated primarily by commercial partner, the Muermans Group, for high-speed rides around the 4.11-km track. The team, which passed into the hands of Austrian energy drink manufacturer, Red Bull, at the beginning of November, now begins a new chapter, as Squadra Toro Rosso.

"It turned out a more emotional experience than I expected to be the last person to drive a Minardi F1 car," Stoddart said. "For so many years, Minardi has tried to give so much to so many, and it has been very touching this week to have received so many positive comments. Now the team has moved on to become Squadra Toro Rosso, I wish them every success, although I know I'm not alone in thinking it will always be Minardi in the minds of so many people. On a final note, Minardi is only what it is because of the people within the team, and I have enjoyed the best five years of my life working with some truly professional individuals. Thank you to all of them."