Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

NLCS Astros vs. Cardinals

Anyone, most likely the Americans, catch the game last night?

That really sucks losing it in the 9th. At least Roy Oswalt is on the mound for tomorrow's game. Astros been waiting 45 years for a World Series, kinda like the Minardi of baseball IMO.

Any predictions for the World Series?

Comments

• Since my beloved O's are not in the battle I think the Sox will do it!
  • I unfortunetely havent had time to catch any of the white sox games, so cant really size up the competition. Just hoping we don't blow it again this year. Definetly want the Sox to beat the Cardinals if they go.
  • That was ugly - I am pulling for the Astros to make it to the series - give the Sox hell but ultimnately lose.

I am a Giants fan so when the series comes around and the Giants are in it - no brainer. I'm backing SF. If SF is not in it I am backing the AL Team.

I have two Bultaco motorcycles - both are Astros - a '72 and a '79. Named after the Astrodome where they would dominate in their class in shorttrack racing.
  • Rather sad that the Astrodome is just sitting there now, mostly unused, yet no one really wants to knock it down, but they are thinking of redeveloping it, shopping or something like that.
  • Oh goody! It's American "First down and one. Time for everyone to pat each other on the back; have a chat about how swimmingly the game is going; flick back to a shot of the two foot high coach going apeshit at a seven foot man-mountain; and three minutes of speculation on the next play by the commentary team."

Football

"First down and one and a quarter. Time for everyone to pat each other on the back; have a chat about how swimmingly the game is going; flick back to a shot of the two foot high coach going apeshit at a seven foot man-mountain; and three minutes of speculation on the next play by the commentary team."

Season

.........yay
  • Pssst...Lease. We are talking about baseball. Rule number 1 of making fun of shit - have a basic understanding of the concept of what you are going to bash.
  • Pssst...Lease. We are talking about baseball. Rule number 1 of making fun of shit - have a basic understanding of the concept of what you are going to bash.
    Good point MCSF.
  • Oops:

Touchdown!

or better...

homerun with all bases loaded
  • homerun with all bases loaded
    That would be called a Grand Slam.

We'll assimilate y'all sooner or later.
  • Mea Culpa - Unreserved and completely repentant.

Baseball is about the only export of quality ever to come from the US. Of course, it was originally stolen from the Pommie game 'Rounders', but why quibble?

I should have seen Cardinals and put the brakes on at the very least (was once very fond of a young St Louis girl).

Please retain my post for the first thread on Slow Motion Wrestling for the season.

Actually, there is a positive benefit from American Football - It completely explains Matt.
  • Speaking of that Limey - his bet has paid off. The Bengals are actually contenders.
  • For what, the baseball world series!!!????
  • Lease, I can see how you got the Cardinals confused, there is an Arizona Cardinals football team.

With tonights 5-1 win its the Houston Astros vs. the Chicago White Sox. Astros first trip to the Series in franchise history. Just wish I wasn't up at school working on a project, was only able to listen to the game.

Productivity is going to go way down next week. Go 'Stros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like i said in an earlier post I typically go for the AL if the Giants don't make the Series - payback in a way.

However, and maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age but I am warming to the Astros - you really have to give them credit and they DO have heart.

I just hope for a 7 game series and lots of extra innnings.
  • It's good to see career Astro's like Biggio and Bagwell finally getting to the series. Astros have the edge in the bullpen, as long as there is run support I don't see it going 7 games, poor run support then it will IMO.
  • Speaking of that Limey - his bet has paid off. The Bengals are actually contenders.
    Theyre having a great season, just a shame Matt supports them and wont stop bragging about how well theyre doing :spank:

[Edited on 2/11/2005 by Minardi4eva]
  • Where is he bragging? Do you see or hear from him?
  • Congrats to the White Sox !!!!!!!!

Though a product of Western Pennsylvania, I was raised a White Sox fan. It's a "family kinda thing"...... My Great Grandmother was Charles Comiskey's (the founder of the White Sox) sister. Though the Comisky family sold the White Sox many years ago, we Murphy's have stayed loyal. Plus, the White Sox were and still are the Irish team in Chicago. This one was for Bill Veeck, Great Grama Murphy, Muddy Waters, The Chess brothers, and many many others........
    as the sign said...."Sweep Hime Chicago"

As for my friend Matt, I hope he is enjoying the season and that he had fun while attending what games he flew into the Quenn city to see..... not too many season ticket holders for any NFL team come from the UK............
  • But we still regard him as a prick, right?