Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

SA F1x2 race

I wonder if Stoddart still uses the Minardi name for the 2 seater business !!!!

Comments

• Did I read right that the 2 seaters were not part of the deal with
    Red Bullship, meaning Stoddart still owns the name 'Minardi'???

(Since GCM says he sold the name (to Stoddart???)
    and Red Bull wouldn't 'Buy' a name they don't want to use)
  • No GCM still owns the rights to the Minardi name. So Stoddart will need to find a name for the 2 seater program. Methinks there will not be the same interest in these stage managed runabouts now they are no longer assciated with any F1 team.
  • Mmmm, 'Cut and Shut Racers'?
  • Nice one Mr Vigars. As usualk succint and to the point!
  • Herbert, Morbidelli and Saelens will also drive :
    http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=1&nid=121406
  • Herbert: I have huge respect for

Morbeidelli: Really good driver

Saelens: Good driver

Bobbi: Never seen him race

Leinders: Suprised he's still not in F1

Surer: Wish i'd seen him race.
  • paul stoddart owns the rights to the minardi name and it will still be called minardi f1x2
  • Welcome james - you a Minardi boy?
  • afraid so ! ex minardi boy not sure what you'd call us now? !
  • Do not be afraid and you are not 'ex' - we are all Minardi boys and girls here.
  • Are you James from the sales dept?

Kilbridge?
  • Stoddart can name the F1X 2 what he likes. They were still a waste of time.
  • waste of time ? !

why don't you ask any one of the many passengers (sponsors, celebrities etc) in the F1x2 if they thought the cars were a waste of time ?!
  • yes that james - signed up to see what everyone's saying about the take over
  • james, the same james who jsut sent me the text message about an hour ago?
  • hi bernie, how is it? i just got back from a nice few days at home in england
  • Welcome aboard james - do you still have a job? What was the 1st Nov like at Faenza?
  • Stoddart can name the F1X 2 what he likes. They were still a waste of time.
    *Bzzzt* Wrong! The F1x2 races were and are fantastic displays. How else could I get to see Nigel Mansell, Fernando alonso, Mark Webber, Justin Wilson, Jos Verstappen and Christian Albers carry around with them stars like Chris Eubank, Carol vorderman, Gabrielle, Teddy Sheringham and Justin hawkins of the Darkness in F1 cars? Minardi F1 cars? How else could I get autographs from all but one of the drivers I've just mentioned?

Sorry for the burst, but you are 1 million percent wrong!!!

At least that's my opinion. :D
  • How much money did they generate for the F1 team. Its allright having a jamboree for all stoddarts mates, but when it takes the dedicated F1 staff away from their prime job, I consider ita waste of time.
  • I'm with Petrol.
  • 1st November was a holiday !
  • 1st November was a holiday !
    LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hehe:

Btw, more drivers for the F1x2 race:
    two more drivers have been added to the 'F1x2' two-seater race lineup, to be held at Kyalami (South Africa) in November. 24-year-old American Ryan Hunter-Reay, and former Minardi racer Tarso Marques, will each pilot a Minardi-built car, a statement revealed. "The two seaters are a lot of fun," said Marques, who last raced in F1 in 2001. Fellow ex-Minardi racers Zsolt Baumgartner and Patrick Friesacher are also slated to star.
  • I like ryan. he's really talented. And its great to see Marques back in a Minardi.
  • james, good to have you around.

Most of us here are trying to look on the bright side and we wish the boys and girls at Faenza all the very best. If Red Bull know what they're doing, they'll keep the factory going for a long time to come. I realise it is hard for you to comment on this sort of thing.

It is very sad that Minardi will no longer be on the grid but (most of us) will be cheering on anything which comes out of Faenza.

Forza Minardi!
  • Well said Viges. In relation to the F1x2, I don't think they are waste of time. They have a positive effect on the sport. I don't believe it cost the Minardi team resouces to keep those on, they were run by the f1x2 guys wern't they?

Anyway, I'm sure both you guys (Quig and Petrol) wouldn't turn down a ride in one of those!
  • Only if I was driving - other wise you can stuff it.
  • we're all still the same people here in faenza that much hasn't changed.....

• can you tell us anything about the roles which massimo rivola, gabriele tredozi and andy tilley will have?
  • we're all still the same people here in faenza that much hasn't changed.....

What about the "wings" - you know Red Bull gives you wings - when do you the new owners issue them to you?