Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers will drive for Minardi!

On the 23th of December there will be a pressconference in Amsterdam. More news to follow.

Edit:
22 December 2004
Albers to be announced as Minardi driver

On Thursday Christijan Albers will be announced as Minardi Formula One driver by the team at a press conference in Amsterdam. The rumours were pretty strong since last week that the Dutchman was about to sign a contract with the team, but the deal will be finally announced on Thursday.

Albers tested with Minardi at the beginning of the month in Misano. A week later he tested with Jordan at Jerez. The press conference, organised by the Italian team, will be held in a hotel in Amsterdam at 13.00 CET.
F1racing.net

Good news I think, hopefully a paydriver that will perform aswell. Downside is that we dutchies have to deal with another arrogant driver on telly.;)

Grtz,
Vuurmuur

[Edited on 22/12/2004 by vuurmuur]

Comments

• Call me crazy but this makes me happy.
  • Me too. A driver that's not already the butt of jokes before he gets in the car. ;)
  • This will annoy the hell out of the V-Fans too. That's like... 8 bird with one stone... or something.
    Your're crazy.

you asked.
  • I did. Do we have any Dutchie's in the area that could attend on behalf of FM.com?
  • Me too. A driver that's not already the butt of jokes before he gets in the car. ;)
    Well, it is different here in Holland. Latest thing is that they are going to make a movie for television here which is called: The Way to the Top or something similar! :) If they are going to make a movie about Schumacher okay I can understand that, but about Albers?

• Do we have any Dutchie's in the area that could attend on behalf of FM.com?
    It will be on telly, so on the Albers forum probably someone will put it on the internet I think.

• I would be quite happy about Albers... any rumors about other confimrations that they will make?
  • If you could pass that video along vuurmuur, that would be quite appreciated. :D

Homer: I'd imagine his sponsors will be confirmed. JVC and Telforts, I believe. No Trust though.
  • Trust money is probably provided by the ING Bank.

If I will find a link tomorrow, I will post it!

Grtz,
    Vuurmuur
  • Wow ING bank? This is the same ING that I see commercials for here in the States?
  • remember my email Jello?
  • Oops, sorry wrong bank. Must be ABN Amro Bank.
    Never knew ING was that big by the way.

• RJ,

expect major site hits from the Dutchies in 2005 !!!!!!!:hehe:
  • Well at least Christijan is Dutch and not some kind of half Belgian :-)

Vuurmuur which channel? SBS6 or is it some local Amsterdam channel which I can't receive?
  • If Trust won't support Albers in Minardi then where did he get his money from? After all you need about $10 milion to get the drive. Didn't Stoddart also say that he wants everthing to be payed in advance (So they won't have to deal with companies like Wilux again)??
  • Now listen to this. I just checked RTL4 teletext and they say the John de Mol is the guy behind this drive. John de Mol is the founder and CEO of Endemol the humongous media corporation that gave the world "Big Brother"

[Edited on 22/12/2004 by forzaminardi]
  • OK, let's dream for a minute:

John de Mol = Endemol = Telefonica = fosfor yellow/green Minardi car !!!!!!:cool::P

• Vuurmuur which channel? SBS6 or is it some local Amsterdam channel which I can't receive?
    I think we will see some of it on Studio Sport (http://www.nos.nl/studiosport/voorpagina/index.html) later in the evening I think. At the moment there is nothing to find about it yet, but they are always late. And of course in "Het Formule1 Jaaroverzicht" on SBS6 on the 30th of December, 23:45 in which they also look at the chances of the three dutchies in F1.

What's new to me is that John de Mol is involved too, I thought you mixed it up with the news that Mr. de Mol bought the soccerbroadcastrights for the coming three years. Interesting to know what his part is in this.
    This same site also tells us that Albers signed a 1 year contract.
    OK, let's dream for a minute:

John de Mol = Endemol = Telefonica = fosfor yellow/green Minardi car !!!!!!
    Endemol was sold to Telefonica, he is a multimiljonair now. That's why he was able to buy those rights for the dutch soccer.

Edit:
    J. de Mol owns also a few radiostations, two of them will sponsor Albers: Radio Noordzee FM and Radio 10 Gold.

• check rtl4 text 111 or
    here

http://www.rtl.nl/videotext/rtl4/pag111/01

looks quite clear to me but it could be that they mixed it up
  • hehe now it would be funny if they announce Albers AND The Dutch Wunderkind as his team-mate tomorrow ;)
  • fat chance :-)
  • Just show us the money!
  • Seriously, I'm glad for the guy, it is his dream coming true. I've read somewhere that he had to pay 5m€ for the seat.
  • Whats with the bargain basement prices?
  • Well had he had more cash, he would probably be announced at Jordan tomorrow. I don't think anybody would pay Minardi let's say $10m for its seat.
  • Thats depressing. Although I think that with the new Tilley design and a current spec Cossie he is getting one hell of a deal!

Lets see if the other driver is Zsolt and he can bring that much or more... well we will have to see.
    you are crazy, this will only show everyone that Albers is'nt F1 material.
  • why "confirmed"? (in the main page)

He is a new driver, not a confirmed one.

Hope he's bringing the cash. I'm not that enthusiastic about dutch sponsors.

• is he confirmed for 2005 is the question...
    I'd say he will be confirmed tomorrow, ey?