Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Racing at Monza Under Threat?

First Spa and now Monza - it looks to ma as if Minardifest 2006 is going to be the one to go to - as was Minardifest '05!

Racing at the Monza circuit has been put under threat after a civil court in Milan ruled that all competitions will be forced to keep the noise level down.

The decision comes after a group of Monza residents filed a formal complaint in 2001 about the noises coming from the historic circuit, which hosts the Italian Grand Prix.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that, following the ruling, testing and racing without a suitable system to reduce the noise levels will be temporarily banned.

"We've learned of the verdict through the papers. As soon as we know the details we'll decide what to do," Giorgio Beghella Bartoli, director of the Monza autodrome, told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We've always respected the limits set by the law and we'll do so this time too. We'll decide with our lawyers based on what the law indicates," he added in reference to the Italian Grand Prix being under threat.

The Italian circuit is hosting the Monza Rally this weekend, but Beghella Bartoli sounded confident the event will go ahead as planned.

"At the moment I don't think we risk cancelation," he said. "If such a possibility should be about to occur, then we'll see with our lawyers whether we can appeal it or ask for a suspension."

Comments

• The piss weak V8s could help lower the noise! :P
  • Just a marketing opportunity really:

"Move Mountains to Make the Mighty Monza Muffler Meet!"
  • Say that 5 times fast.
  • THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT
  • The piss weak V8s could help lower the noise! :P
    And STR might get banned from racing there for having equipped V10 engines!!:rolleyes:
  • what on earth are they talking about? civilisation is miles away from the track and the race lasts only for two hours or so. what a ludicracy!
  • Stoddie will be caught up to his nuts in Max the day the Monza GP is canned.
  • This is getting ridiculas, Spa can't afford a GP, Monza's too noisey, Imola is threatened every year sson there won't be any decent, historic circuits left to go to.:mad:

They'll alll have to be identikit Tilke designs in the middle of nowhere
  • All residents living nearby and complaining need to be shot.

Harsh but fair, I think you'll agree.
  • Monza the track has only been there forever - its like moving iin next to an airport and then pissing and moaning about the noisy aircraft and then sueing the city to put soundproofing in your house.

Believe me that is what happened near San Francisco Airport.

I'm with MkIII. Put a few of their heads on pikes and then see how fast the rest of the busy bodies go silent.

• Believe me that is what happened near San Francisco Airport.
    Same thing at both airports in Houston. Te people near Monza and all of these airports heads shold be put on pikes.
  • let's see, I can buy this old house and land pretty cheap because of of the airport noise... it's cheaper than in those other neighborhoods, I can rip down a couple houses and build and estate ...but now that I have it that airport is affecting my property values. it's gotta go.
  • More about environment and F1:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10097433/

I like that man!