Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

More quotes from GCM

From Autosport-

Team founder Gian Carlo Minardi was proud of the team's achievements despite their lack of success. In their 21-year history the tail-enders never won a race or finished on the podium.

"I'm left with the satisfaction of having built a company where in 21 years there have been 380 employees," he said. "There are teams that use more personnel in a single GP. Among them there are people who saw with me the first and the last GP, so I'm proud of this fact.

"We missed the results, the joy of a podium. There remains the good and the bad choices, like having gifted the shares of the teams to Stoddart in order to let Minardi survive. And now Stoddart has sold them, lucky him. But I prefer to have the team in Faenza rather than to read my name over a factory in England."

Minardi admitted, however, he wouldn't do it again with F1 in its current shape.

"Maybe I'm getting old but, even if I could, I wouldn't get in today's Formula One anymore," he said.

Comments

• Grande Giancarlo. :cool:
  • I'm sure being invited up to the podium in Melbourne 2002 following Mark's 5th and Alex's 7th (would have been 6th if not wrongly yellow flagged) was a highlight.

Fernando's success this year is a fine and fitting acknowledgement of the Minardi contribution to the sport.

Spin
  • Minardi has become one of the great F1 names, albeit with little to no success. It's always had a reputation as a team trying their hardest with little or no resources, and with a true competitive spirit. I think the name should die so that this heritage can live on rather than be destroyed by the Red Bull marketing machine.
    Graham Hagger
    New York, USA

From the itv-f1 website. Not a bad point.

This is a bad point:

The name is synonymous with backmarker so it is best forgotten.
    Michael Sejerskilde
    Denmark

[Edited on 4/12/2005 by viges]
  • Where is my pitchfork?
  • just got my December issue of F1Racing

page 124 in the highlighted quote:

"Who says the Minardi name won't be in F1 next year?"
    --Gian Carlo Minardi
  • Minardi has become one of the great F1 names, albeit with little to no success. It's always had a reputation as a team trying their hardest with little or no resources, and with a true competitive spirit. I think the name should die so that this heritage can live on rather than be destroyed by the Red Bull marketing machine.
    Graham Hagger
    New York, USA
    This is actually a very good point many ppl on this site (including me) haven't thought of I think.

• The name is synonymous with backmarker so it is best forgotten.
    Michael Sejerskilde
    Denmark
    If you read his surname quickly, the word 'jerk' appears.
  • Even if you don't read his name the word jerk still appears.
  • Even if you don't read his name the word jerk still appears.
    Hehe :hehe: