Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers will drive for Minardi!

Comments

• But the Germans were used to Rudi Carrel so that was no problem.:hehe:

About de Mol, you can find more about him here: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-53295 Edit: you need a passwort for that. :-(

He owns Talpa (company which owns a dutch broadcasting station with the rights for soccer, open net), he recently bought shares of Versatel, which obtained the rights to broadcast soccer live on tv (behind decoder) and they went through the roof as RJ said.
    He also owns Talpa radio international, which is on a mission to takeover radio broadcasting stations.

[Edited on 22/12/2004 by vuurmuur]
  • which is true!! he wasn't part of endemol though

but never forget endemol gave the world "big brother" and that was on TV even in Jamaica!!
  • It maybe that CA's sponsors (who ever they are) did not have the cash to front up on the spot (I suspect this was a condition from PS).

So they have taken out a bank loan, however it would appear as if they (the sponsors) also do not have the credit ratings to get a loan of this size. Enter rich thrid party person to guarantor the loan.

I have no idea if this is correct, but it kind of fits.
  • I just went to TOMS and in the thread I started there are only a few responses.

It is once again clear - FM.com is THE Minardi FANSITE - Official or not!
  • I just read on the site from the dutch newspaper 'Het AD' that the source for the news that Albers signed on Tuesday evening was coming from Denmark (Kiesa was not running for a seat anymore).

Graham Jones: There will be a few surprices tomorrow for Hollland.

?????
  • lol Double Dutch sponsored by Trust? :D :D
  • Lol. Well it's not Doornbos for sure, he only expects to tell more about his future in January, when the Jordan is ready.

More about Paul Stoddart and Patrick(in German):
    http://www.salzburg.com/sn/schwerpunkte/formel1/artikel/1335546.html
  • my word: from CA's official page
    Christijan aims for the highest level and the best sponsors. The tests for Minardi and Jordan have been encouraging. So are his results in DTM in the last 2 seasons. The plans for next year leave space for ambitious sponsors. For sponsors who use Christijan in advertising, for personal sponsors and for teamsponsors. Nothing is impossible and the exposure and spin-off can be huge. Are you interested in using Christijan as sales driver for your brand, do not hesitate to contact us. Within a few days we can prepare a competitive sponsoring proposal whereas Christijan and/or his team acts as ambassador for your company or brand. This is the moment to recruit the fastest salesman available in Holland. For more information or a tailormade proposal, please contact Lodewijk Varossieau (lodewijk@gr8industries.com) or John Byfield (Essentially Sports, info@essentiallysports.com). John Byfield and Essentially Sport are supporting the management and sponsors of Christijan. We are ready to convince you but the clock is ticking...
  • ^ Any idea on when that appeared?
  • it's the current headline so after midnight CET yesterday
  • Hmm... maybe a sponsor backed out at the 11th hour?

• I just went to TOMS and in the thread I started there are only a few responses.

It is once again clear - FM.com is THE Minardi FANSITE - Official or not!
    Maybe I can sell it to John de Mol and make some money, he's not short of change after his latest TV rights deal anyway:hehe:
  • [Terrible Thought]

John de Mol might want a Minardi reality TV show

[/Terrible Thought]
  • That would support the bank credit rumor, RJ. Interesting stuff, considering how heavily sponsored he is.
  • Huh... ?? I'm confused. Who said John De Mol?

Methinks Michel Mol, of Lost Boys fame is back in the F1 paddock.

If ABN AMRO were sponsoring Minardi, I would have heard about it by now, and the headlines would be 'Minardi woo multinational'. If I check f1-live.com...

Actually, now that I do, check this:

Leading investor is Lost Boys and Media Republic founder Michiel Mol, who comments: “This is my Christmas present to all Dutch F1 fans.”

Aside from the sponsors, the Essentially Group and John Byfield have fulfilled an important consultancy role to both the driver and his backers, as has GR8 Industries, Albers’ official management company for the past four years, which is run by Lodewijk Varossieau. In addition, ABN AMRO Corporate Finance acted as financial adviser during negotiations with the team.

Just as I thought, no ABN-AMRO. Otherwise, I would need to be changing my underwear.

Methinks Trust, Lost Boys and JVC. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • good morning sleepy, John de Mol (not Michel Mol or Olav Mol for that matter) is said to be involved in the deal
  • I would'nt want Jos at Minardi anymore and I wish Albers all the best, but I think he will fail in F1.
  • and if Minardi fans hated Michel Peridon they probably don't like CA's manager Lodewijk Varossieau either.

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by Steve]
  • LOL :angel:
  • consider yourself warned ;)

at a pitlane near you soon!:

• Nice to see the JVC patch on Albers' suit - not so sure about Trust and the involvement of Byfield!

Forza Christijan!
  • which is true!! he wasn't part of endemol though

but never forget endemol gave the world "big brother" and that was on TV even in Jamaica!!
    he sold his share in endemol to Telefonica, but Big Brother was invented by him.
  • Let's recapitulate:

Yesterday rumors about John De Mol turned up its heads.
    Today it seems that Lost Boys founder Michel Mol is backing Albers.
    Imho the core truth is the name MOL and John was just invented to make a story !!!!

BTW, according to the Dutchies Trust can't back any other driver in a FIA championship but Jos Verstappen until 2006.

So possible Albers sponsors are: JVC, Lost Boys, Media Republic, Mazza groep ??
  • and if Minardi fans hated Michel Peridon they probably don't like CA's manager Lodewijk Varossieau either.
    I hate to say this but I agree with you on this. He might be even worse!

Grtz,
    Vuurmuur
  • I would'nt want Jos at Minardi anymore and I wish Albers all the best, but I think he will fail in F1.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Jos back in a Minardi. I'm no Christijan fan. But hey I guess all of us are sort of chauvinistic pigs a little. So don't be surprised if you see me defend him sometime later this season.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm stiill walking around here...
  • quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and if Minardi fans hated Michel Peridon they probably don't like CA's manager Lodewijk Varossieau either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say this but I agree with you on this. He might be even worse!
    Can we at least give them a chance before we act all defeatist
  • good morning sleepy, John de Mol (not Michel Mol or Olav Mol for that matter) is said to be involved in the deal
    so why get your knickers in a twist over John when it might be Michiel?

maybe we will be sponsorered by www.someoldmole.com
    ?
  • Yeah, have to agree with Salvo on the Dutch Sponsors/ Press thing. They really have shafted Minardi,/Stoddart over Money and decrying the team. If things go bad this season. You can be sure there will be more flagellation of the Team in the Dutch press.
    BTW, please god not another year of Baumgartner. He was only slightly better than Bruni after all!
  • If things go bad this season. You can be sure there will be more flagellation of the Team in the Dutch press.
    Do you know what you're saying?

"If things go bad this season"

Nothing will be good enough. Our press will probably only consider Albers winning the championship good enough :)

[Edited on 24/12/2004 by Stan]