Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Staying awake

While, so far, it has been no problem for me to refuse Red Bull (and I have been drinking straight vodka, out of protest, when there was an offer of Red Bull Vodka that someone insisted on getting when going out) it has been quite a challenge staying awake in a silent study area. As the fair-trade muck university dares to call coffee is utterly undrinkable and I abandoned plans to bring my Gaggia with me to Campus, I was looking for ways to get a caffeine boost elsewhere. While in Austria this would be no problem, Red Bull dominates the British market. No XTC, no Dark Dog. Until yesterday I discovered that Sainsbury's do their own version of the drink. I bought it and I have to say it works, it's less sweet than the original and at only 40p it costs only a third of the imperialist dram.

Thank you Sainsbury's

Comments

• Sorry, RJ, if you need caffeine and cannot (comprehensibly) drink the English coffee, why do you need Red Bull surrogates? What about a nice Pepsi or COke?
  • not strong enough mooohahahaha
  • Don't you chaps have Rockstar over there?
  • You should buy a bag of caffee bean and eat it like the peanut :hehe:
  • Jello - do you know who makes Rockstar?

BTW - I prefer RB to Rockstar on a taste basis but as far as punch I think Rockstar takes the day.
  • RJ,

A short black brewed coffee or Cappuccino, no added sugar has 80mg of Caffeine. That's the same amount that is in a can of Bull.

Order a nice double shot Long Black or latte and you will have 160mg of stimulant for your system.

If you would like to know more about your options, visit this site...

http://www.choice.com.au/viewarticleasonepage.aspx?id=104897&catId=100289&tid=100008&p=1
  • Why of course. That would be the great Weiner family.

Rockstar tastes like it already has vodka in it so it's not a big deal to add some.
  • And what is the senior Weiners show name?
  • Or order Jolt cola. I hear they often drink that on lan parties. A couple of cans should keep you up a day or two.
  • And what is the senior Weiners show name?
    I still think Weiner is a more fitting name.
  • the drink of choice:

Mead: consume enuf to run thorugh villages of your enemies with your beard alight throwing babies in the air and catching them on spears....

or so it was with m¥ ancestors....oft called berserkers...

ahh, the days of yore: when men were men and sheep were scared.

Me thinks I need to mak a trip to West Virginia soon.

[Edited on 6/12/2005 by bernie]
  • A nice cup of English tea contains a fair bit of caffine!! ;)
  • Tea puts me to sleep more than it perks me up. Am I strange for that?
  • yes, you are strange even without saying that.

now stop touching yourself.
  • I drink Lambrini.

I shouldn't have said that.