Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2005 season review

The official F1 2005 review is now out. The section on Minardi is a real eye opener as to what was happening behind the scenes. Its written by Tredozzi. In short it seems that there was plenty of spin going on in public but no real efforts were being made to make Minardi competitive. The rot seems to have settled in 2002, when a lot of the cotracts with technical partners arranged by GCM and rumi had lapsed. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Comments

• Yuour not talking about the DVD review are you?
  • where can we find this?
  • No its the Official FIA book. In most good bookstores.
  • I think it has been obvious that no real efforts has been made the last few years. The interesting thing to know is if Minardi could have done something. I think Prost and Arrows tried harder (not working harder, but took more risks) and look at them now.

Then again maybe a proper season with Ferrari engines and a highly developed chassis and the go bust would be equally good as being sold and "killed". I don't think it would make much difference for the fans (except that Minardi would go out on a high).
  • The staff at Faenza have made a huge effort with little funds.
  • Stoddart has said himself since he sold up that having nearly gone out of business in '02 and '03, and the fighting fund talk collapsed in early 2003, his objective then became to finish last as cheaply as possible.
  • Although 2005 brought a solid improvement, didn't it?

Imagine what it'd been like if we were on Michelins this past season. We'd have whupped Jordan for sure.

Bear in mind that at Monza we were only 1.5 seconds off TOIT. The previous season it was more like 5.5...
  • There was no real improvement in 05. Toit had a poor car in 05. Monza is hardly a high demand circuit. What was the difference at Spa or Suzuka. Tredozzi said himself there was no budget in 05 and the car had only 260 hours in the obsolete Lola windtunnel.
  • But a swing of 4 seconds when Minardi and TOIT are using the same tyres is still a HUGE difference!

If Monza didnt make that much of a difference, it shows how bad the PS04 must've been when the gap was around 5.5 seconds...