Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Fanduzzi hired as team manager

Meanwhile, autosport.com reports that Toyota’s logistics manager Gianfranco Fanduzzi has been hired as team manager of Scuderia Toro Rosso.
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34674

What does this mean for Massimo?

Comments

• Not sure but I did hear from him yesterday and he seemed happy albeit busy.

[Edited on 8/12/2005 by MCSF]
  • He's ex Minardi. I think its Fantuzzi btw.
  • He's ex Minardi. I think its Fantuzzi btw.
    The team has lost chief mechanic Jonathan Wheatley who will become team manager of Red Bull Racing, replacing longtime incumbent Dave Stubbs. In addition we are hearing that designer Rob Marshall has been lured to RBR. The team has also hired two new race engineers with Kieran Pilbeam coming in from BAR and Humphrey Corbett arriving from Toyota. Sister team Scuderia Toro Rosso is also undergoing change with the departure of deputy technical director Andy Tilley and the arrival of Toyota's logistics manager Gianfranco Fantuzzi to run things for new team principal Franz Tost.
    :(:(:(

[Edited on 9/12/2005 by Linus]

[Edited on 9/12/2005 by Linus]
  • It seems they want to make it a complete Italian team (exept for 2 drivers).
  • Bummer about Tilley - he was a really nice guy and is very talented.
  • Its interesting that STR have not retained Tilley within the team. It confirms my suspiscions that he was not a designer. In 2001 when Brunner and Ryton were still on staff he was not invoved in any aspect of car design. I think his promotion was a covenient means of avoiding the need to hire a proper designer.
  • Wasn't Tilley at Arrows or Sauber in 2001?
  • AFAIK he joined Minardi in 01.
  • He became a freelance engineer but in 2002 joined Minardi where he is now deputy technical director.

So he was probably there with Davis but Ryton and Brunner were done for.