Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Comments

• You telling me that Germans are only now just beginning to see these docos the world has been seeing for 30 years?
  • You telling me that Germans are only now just beginning to see these docos the world has been seeing for 30 years?
    No. For instance, the whole six hours (or something like that) of "Shoah" have been broadcasted on German tv.

I think Homer is amazed by the fact that someone who has suffered so much is able to forgive and to see 'a human being' in the torturer.
    I'm amazed too.
  • P1, I know very well the story of my country, don't worry.

Biker is absolutly right. For myself, I can't see any human in Mengele, Hitler, Göbbels, Hess, Göring and so on....
  • I think that her psych insights into how she is able to rise above the level of her torturers and forgive them is insightful and healing for her inner self. I am happy for her. I imagine it might have a similar healing effect on some of her captors and a sense of dread furhter guilt on others both of whom, perhaps deserve both of those feelings. Either way it's pretty deep HEAD stuff there.