Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

MICHELIN TO QUIT F1

2»

Comments

• when the workforce in Faenza is reduced to a few people with any connection to Minardi, what will you all do then?

Who's the consensus team to support?
  • "you all"? You're not "one of us"?
  • No. I've abandoned The Team Formerly Known As Minardi.

TTFKAM.

Hope what's left of the workforce gets some money to play with, but when there aint a Minardi Lion on the car and GCM has no involvement, it aint a Minardi, which makes 'forzaminardi' a moot affirmation.

I'm here these days because I like to talk F1 with you guys. :)

I appreciate those that have been to the factory like yourself Jello have a special affinity with the boys, but not I.

[Edited on 18/12/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • This was on Atlas

"Gian Carlo Minardi has left Toro Rosso and will be out of Formula One next year for the first time in over 20 years.

The Italian, who entered his team Minardi to Formula One in the 1985 season, said he could not come to an agreement with new owners Red Bull on a role for himself in the new team.

Red Bull bought out Minardi from Australian Paul Stoddart, but Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz said in October that founder Gian Carlo Minardi will "always be welcome."

However, in a statement Faenza-based Minardi released to the Italian media, he said this was the end of the line for him in Formula One.

"After 26 years of hard work done with tenacity, passion and professionalism, there is now a lack of common ground with the new owners to carry on working," Minardi said.

"I want to wish best luck to the boys at the team who, I'm sure, will keep honouring the name of Faenza around the world, with their technical and professional capabilities.

"I also want to thank the sponsors, the technical partners, the drivers, the engineers and the mechanics who have been close to me during this long adventure. Together we created a small bit of history in Italian and worldwide motor racing which, I'm sure, won't be forgotten soon.

"To all of them I simply want to say 'thank you'."

Minardi, who has lost his office in the Faenza factory, is now expected to open a Minardi museum in the Italian town as well as make time to write his autobiography."

• The museum will be my top priority to visit whenever I head to Italy, hope it is open by the time I head that way.
    His autobiography is probably going to be a good read of the operation of an independent and struggling team.
  • Hey, if we all buy copies of his autobiography (I know I will- but then I'd probably buy it even if it was one of his shopping lists), maybe that'll give GCM enough money to go back into F1...

Well, I can dream...

To be honest, I thought GCM had already gone from STR, so I wasn't too surprised to read the article.

I did enjoy the front page article with Murray Walker and Paul Stoddart's refusal to compromise, too.

The past five years with the PS-GCM era have been a blast, and now it's time for the curtain call. Maybe we'll all meet up again sometime...