Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

RE: Petrol's comment on the front page article

all good and well but what kind of management do you expect if they will even discontinue the marketing department? what influence on management will the cook and the engine liasons manager have? or the press officer for that matter? it seems to me that faenza will be a very much a half hearted effort under the new rule. wonder whether they'll even have a motor home.

Comments

• But didn't Stoddart do the same thing when he took over? Minardi's regular cook was replaced by a Stoddart appointment. Graham Jones only became pr man under Stoddart. As for the teams marketing department Red Bull already have that facility.
    Its a competitive market. If these people are worth their salt they get jobs back in F1, if not...
  • I was'nt suprised to see Graham Jones go being PS's RHM however the way he was let go was disapointing. Andy Tilly imho was certain to be a departure. It is overall bad to see the people being shown the door. I guess the Anglo-Tyrolean thing was never going to work anyway.
    The marketing and sponsorship side of the team is being run from Red Bull HQ. One of the employees in the sponsorship side of Minardi I know is still involved in getting sponsorship for STR but now he has an Austrian boss instead of Australian.
  • This whole thing sucks!
    Phil
  • nicely summed up, phil
  • In light of these news, could everyone who said that they support the Minardi staff and thus would support STR please raise their hands? Still sticking to your argument? Are you going to keep on supporting the team, right until the last Minardi-era mechanic is kicked out?

Petrol has already went for the "only the lackeys of PS got the boot"-defense. I wonder how he'll react when the staff keeps on being reduced & integrated to the pre-existing Red Bull structure?

This is plain bull, that's what this is. If the government of your country is replaced by a mad dictator, you don't pledge allegiance just because you love your fellow citizens. Instead, you go get a gun..

Hooray for Minardi employees past and present, death to Red Bull.
  • "In light of these news, could everyone who said that they support the Minardi staff and thus would support STR please raise their hands? Still sticking to your argument? Are you going to keep on supporting the team, right until the last Minardi-era mechanic is kicked out? "

My hand is raised
    Yes
    When Faenza goes, then I go
  • I don't raise my hand any more. I went to a Catholic school for 12 years. Now I'm just a rebel. I yell kick and scream and piss of the public school teachers to the best of my ability...

...even them that's retired Murph!
  • I'm a neutral this year but I'll prefer STR over redbull because STR is still probably about 80 - 90% minardi.

Redbull have to accept

Minardi >>>>>>>>>>>> Redbull (no matter what language you say their name in)
  • The next step is when they move the Faenza workshop to England with the rest of their operations. It is almost inevitable. I will be a part of Minardi not Red Bull or Toro Rosso which sounds like a cheap wine.
  • This is plain bull, that's what this is. If the government of your country is replaced by a mad dictator, you don't pledge allegiance just because you love your fellow citizens. Instead, you go get a gun..
    hear hear, now where did I leave mine?
  • My hands up. Atleast the Faenza workforce are being properly paid now!
  • Red Bull sucks and that's the truth.

Let us all admit that Red Bull let us down and that's all.

• "hear hear, now where did I leave mine?"

Mate I'm sure Emmett would have a spare you could borrow........ :hehe:

[Edited on 31/12/2005 by oznomad]