Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

driver changes

with all the goings on and changes I think this is the best summary of how things look for the future:

Heres the current contract situation for the top 8 teams, and the year their contracts end. IE 2006 means the contract expires at the end of 2006.

Mclaren
- Raikkonen (2006) - (has signed a pre-contract with Ferrari)
- Montoya (2006) - ) (May have to move for Schumi in 2007)

Ferrari
- Schumacher (2006) (To Mclaren?)
- Massa (2006)

Renault
- Alonso (2006) (Off to Mclaren)
- Fisichella (2006) (Some still think he wont be there in '06, I doubt it tho)

Williams
- Webber (2006) Perhaps Toyota after that?
- Rosberg (said to be as long as 5 years)

Toyota
- Schumacher (2007) (Says he's there till '09. Lucky them.)
- Trulli (2006)

Honda
- Button (2008) (Button is to Honda, as JV was to BAR. Both just cant
quite seem to get to the top. A good fit.)
- Barichello (2008) (Honda have said a 'few' years for both. At least till '08)

BMW
- Heidfeld (2008)
- JV (2006)

Red Bull
- Coulthard (2007)
- Klien (2006)

Comments

• Schumi to McLaren is a nono. They already have a ton of drivers and there is really no reason for Schumacher to put himself in the Prost/Senna situation.
  • Schumacher wont drive for another team, he will retire when/before Kimi joins Ferrari.
  • There's that kid hamilton who Mclaren are training up.

I think JPM's out of the sport after next year, kimi possibly out too?
  • New rumor: Toyota interested in Kimi !!!
  • wonder how many steering wheels Toyota will let him throw.
  • Yes German newspapers state that Toyota have offered Kimi a contract for 07. Wonder where that leaves the prats at Maranello? Lack of foresight or what? I guess Massa will be leading their team in 07!
  • with all the goings on and changes I think this is the best summary of how things look for the future:

Heres the current contract situation for the top 8 teams, and the year their contracts end. IE 2006 means the contract expires at the end of 2006.

Mclaren
    - Raikkonen (2006) - (has signed a pre-contract with Ferrari)
    - Montoya (2006) - ) (May have to move for Schumi in 2007)

Ferrari
    - Schumacher (2006) (To Mclaren?)
    - Massa (2006)

Renault
    - Alonso (2006) (Off to Mclaren)
    - Fisichella (2006) (Some still think he wont be there in '06, I doubt it tho)

Williams
    - Webber (2006) Perhaps Toyota after that?
    - Rosberg (said to be as long as 5 years)

Toyota
    - Schumacher (2007) (Says he's there till '09. Lucky them.)
    - Trulli (2006)

Honda
    - Button (2008) (Button is to Honda, as JV was to BAR. Both just cant
    quite seem to get to the top. A good fit.)
    - Barichello (2008) (Honda have said a 'few' years for both. At least till '08)

BMW
    - Heidfeld (2008)
    - JV (2006)

Red Bull
    - Coulthard (2007)
    - Klien (2006)
    bernie - you shouldn't steal things from the Williams Sportnetwork forum, unless you are the poster of it over there too, 2 days before this. :spank::rolleyes:

If you are going to rip it, at least post a credit for where you got it.

For everyone else, bernie's post is a direct rip from 'RxRacer' on that forum, discussing 2007 drivers.
  • So the defections have begun.
  • It says that Murph has posted in this thread - where sis it go?
  • Hey Emmo

I took it off....... when I cooled down I realized that it was not becoming of moi.........

On a much happier note, I will be calling Ger next weekend to start to work on our mini-Minardifest '06..... We have plenty of time to order our race tickets but we should look for rooms soon..... whether we stay in Milan, Stavelot, Aachen, or wherever......................

Glad ya got those frequent flier miles for your flight to the Emerald Isle........

ciao
  • I think JPM's out of the sport after next year, kimi possibly out too?
    Out of the sport? What are you thinking? Kimi is either the first or second most talented young driver with Alonso, and JPM is third. Neither of them are going anywhere. Out of McLaren is quite possible. Here are my predictions:

-Schumi retires after 2006, no idea who takes his place. Massa could be gone too, it depends on how he runs this season.
    -Alonso/Montoya is the 2007 McLaren lineup.
    -Fisi is out at Renault, Alonso is out at Renault. If they stay in the sport, Kovalainen and someone else take those places.
    -Who knows on Williams. I think Webber will stay there, and Rosberg as well. Drivers are not their primary problem.
    -Toyota gets Kimi. Ralf is gone, Trulli stays.
    -Button calms down and stays at Honda, without signing other contracts. Barrichello will be there until at least 2008.
    -JV is out at BMW, Heidfeld stays. They have plenty of resources, they can get whoever they want. If Renault leaves F1, they get Kovalainen.
    -RB keeps Klien, DC retires. They have so many other drivers, it's impossible to know who takes his place.
    -STR will keep one of their drivers, at least. The other may move to the other RB team.
    -Super Aguri has a much better car and team after 2006, and will have at least one Japanese driver, but it's impossible to know who. Sato may stay, it depends on how much he costs them in 2006.
    -Midland keeps Albers and Monteiro. It seems like a good fit to me. Hard-charger and a more controlled style.

[Edited on 1/2/2006 by Rekart]
  • Out of the sport? What are you thinking? Kimi is either the first or second most talented young driver with Alonso, and JPM is third. Neither of them are going anywhere. Out of McLaren is quite possible.
    I'm thinking clearly. JPM is a almost certain out of a drive. I don't see him returning to Williams. Kimi won't succeed at Ferrari and with Schumi seriously considering signing a new contract (itv) I think it'll be:

Schumi and massa at ferrari 2007
    Alonso and hamilton at mclaren
    Fissecella and Webber at renault
    Rosberg and probably pizzonia at Williams
    Ralf and trulli at toyota
    Rubens and button at Honda
    Heidfeld and Kovalainen at BMW
    DC and Klien at RB
    Liuzzi and Speed at STR
    Albers and Monteiro at Midland
    Sato and ? at Super Aguri
  • my bust! I always try to give credit where I got stuff. Did not intend on "ripping anything off" I thought I posted the link at the bottom and that is why I started off by saying:
    "with all the goings on and changes I think this is the best summary of how things look for the future: "

indicating that I was not the original author. My apologies if I mislead anyone. it was not my intention.
  • Bernie..........

I'm shocked !!!!! Really Really Shocked !!!!!... and so disapointed in you !!!....how could you........ you, of all people.............visit a G*::@^# Limey <@$|@%* team site........... shame, shame, shame......
    ......................... 'sigh

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe......................
  • Murph,

Sorry dude, but I do frequent some other sites besiodes just williams... I go to Honda to see Misato Haga... sorry, I'm a guy and I think with my little head every once in awhile...

I'm into the underdogs...so I have never visited TOIT and I have a bad taste for Mercedes since I drove the damn mercedes rental when I went to Spa and the rat bas**ard had a governor that LIMITED my speed!!! ...and my dream of WFO on the autobahn in a mercedes evaporated.

Other than that I will be a whore and viisit most any site. As an example I was rencently searching for the singular proper spelling of the word "allies" in google..... adn yes, I visited the first site that came up... "hotwifeallie"
  • Rosberg and probably pizzonia at Williams
    you're clearly on crack.
  • who else will race at williams?
  • After next season, Williams will once again be a prized seat.
  • i want williams to do well but they are still a privateer.
  • who else will race at williams?

Looks to me like Wurz, I sure as hell don't think it would be Pizzonia, especially after they passed him over for Rosberg.
  • ForzaMinardi.com introduces 'The Bernie'; a monthly award for the brazen recycling of someone else's work.
  • Wurz and rosberg. could happen.
  • sheesh, I miss one link and I've got my own award!
  • 'Webber eyes long-term contract at Williams' - F1.racing-live.com (today).

looks like he has settled in for the long haul...