Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

What the ...

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/photos/2006/tests01/diapo_102.jpg

This is a winter livery, until Vodafone is cleared from the Maranello contract.

From F1-Live:

"The orange is synonymous with the origins of McLaren, as the team ran its Formula One and CAN-AM racers in the colour for a number of years starting with the M5A in 1968."

Who says the Ronster is a monster?

[Edited on 10/1/2006 by viges]

Comments

• I love it! :cool:
  • Beautiful :o
  • What's next?
    They gonna sign Verstappen ?????:hehe:
  • It is easier to see the shape of the car - I like the color as well.
  • LAst time McLaren tested with an orange car was when the livery changed from Marlboro red and white to the West silver livery. I'm curious what the new Walker livery will look like. But I have no problem keeping it this colour.

I thought Vodafone would be on the car from 2007?

[Edited on 10/1/2006 by vuurmuur]
  • To "old Yanks" such as myself.... this is the true McLaren colors.... McLaren ran their CanAm cars in this color and also their Indy cars as well.... during their "Yardley" days the color orange was part of their paint scheme..... I would like to see them keep this paint scheme........ but sponsorship will dictate......

as for Uncle Ron............. he still is a *&%#@$+!
  • Don't hold back - tell us what you really thin about him.
  • If I look at it long enough my eyes go cross eyed.

I like it for 5 mins then I am looking for something more interesting to look at.

• I thought Vodafone would be on the car from 2007?
    Beat me to it.
    From the BBC:
    McLaren and Vodafone have announced a deal which will see the mobile phone company become title sponsor of the Formula One team.

The deal will start in January 2007
    Gonna be a long ass winter :P :hehe:
  • [quote]I thought Vodafone would be on the car from 2007?
    Beat me to it.
    From the BBC:
    McLaren and Vodafone have announced a deal which will see the mobile phone company become title sponsor of the Formula One team.

Gonna be a long ass winter :P :hehe: [/quote]

with the rumors of the De Beers diamond sponsership in the works for ferrari, there has been some speculating from journalist (read from atlas f1 grapevine article) that vodafone may be trying to get to mclaren a year early, with de beers taking over their sponsership in 06 rather than waiting till 07.

however is it phillip morris that would be deciding this? as they are the ones who have the rights to the livery of the car?
  • I hread the De beers story as well, but they came out a couple days late stating that was incorrect.

Probably just means the deal is done.
  • De Beers said on Pitpass they weren't even discussinf anything at all with an F1 team. Its all bullshit.

BTW: Haug has said the car will be silver this year.
  • [quote]I thought Vodafone would be on the car from 2007?
    Beat me to it.
    From the BBC:

Gonna be a long ass winter :P :hehe: [/quote]

You losers commented on this ?!?!?:hehe:
    I was going to yesterday as well. I was always writing my reply when I came to my senses.

Viges is right. This is the WINTER livery untill Vodafona joins (in 2007).

That means: WINTER TEST livery. Race season livery will be different. NEXT WINTER again this orange livery UNTIL Vodafona joins when 2007 season starts !!!!!

:P You fell for it guys !!!!!;)
  • As vodafones colours are Red and White could it be possible that..................?
  • Wasn't Intel going to sponsor them in 2006?

Another white-blue car on the grid?
  • I like this colour. That car is beautiful