Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Tom wankinshaw

Pitpass:

One of the biggest names in the motorsport and automotive industries will make his return later this week (Thursday).

Tom Walkinshaw, former boss of the Arrows F1 team, which ran into financial problems and withdrew halfway through the 2002 World Championship season, has been out of the spotlight for three years now, but the man behind so many motorsport success stories: Jaguar's meteoric successes in Sportscar racing, Volvo's all-conquering British Touring Car campaign victories in the Le Mans 24 Hours, the TWR-conceived Aston Martin DB7, Formula One Championship success with Benetton and countless wins with Holden in Australian saloon car racing, is back in business. With a formidable reputation in the world of motorsport engineering, Tom Walkinshaw is returning to the arena in which he excelled for so many years.

Later this week, the newly-formed Tom Walkinshaw Group (TWG) will announce two exciting projects: one in motorsport and one in the road-going automotive sector.

and pitpass
Our sources indicate that an announcement on Super Aguri's entry in the 2006 Formula One World Championship could be made byThursday lunchtime

We understand that following last-minute legal discussions, the issue has only been delayed by the fact that Monday was holiday in Japan

If the Japanese team's entry has been accepted, and by all accounts it will be, the F1 grid will feature more than ten teams for the first time since 2002, when Arrows withdrew halfway through the season.

Comments

• Can't we just shoot that guy?
    I mean, I'm getting tired of him showing up. Can the next person that makes an end to his business affairs make sure he never gets back on his feet please?
  • I think the best article on Tom was written by Pitpass, which is scathing as it is true. And justified. He let a lot of people down before and it is sad to see him back in the sport.
  • So your implying that Walkinshaw is back in f1?

granprix.com article has this...

Tom Walkinshaw is planning to return to motor racing with a new company called the Tom Walkinshaw Group Ltd. The company is registered in Hertford in England. Walkinshaw intends to announce two new projects shortly: one in racing and one in the automotive sector. Walkinshaw has keen keeping a low profile in recent years since the collapse of his TWR Group and the Arrows F1 team, although he has been working with Holden in Australian racing.

The original Tom Walkinshaw Racing company was dissolved in 2003 but it is worth noting that a new Tom Walkinshaw Racing company, registered in Hounslow, was registered in 2004.

It is expected that the new company will be involved in touring car racing.
  • I was just implying that he was back, which can't be a good thing regardless of formula.
  • Granprix.com:
    Walkinshaw does a deal with Mitsubishi
    The new Tom Walkinshaw Group Limited has signed a deal with the Colt Car Company to supply Mitsubishi competition cars, components and accessories from its Milton Keynes technical facility. TWG Motorsport will offer unique high-performance components, including engine, gearbox and suspension, and EVO IX cars across a variety of specifications, from standard through to bespoke builds, tailored to individual driver's specific requirements. Mitsubishi competitors will also have the benefit of a full TWG trackside technical support service at races, tests and track days.

The Colt Car Company is the exclusive importer and distributor of Mitsubishi Motors in the UK. It has 114 dealerships around the country but at the moment is only involved in national rallying and off-road competitions and it will be interesting to see what plans are announced later today in Birmingham.

Mitsubishi recently axed its World Rally Championship programme as part of its plan to restructure after its less-than-successful relationship with DaimlerChrysler.