Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Breathtaking Spitfire

This is not CGI!

http://www.rvproject.co.uk/Fuselage/041205_Top_of_F705.htm

click on 'here' in the second paragraph.

The pilot is RAF-trained Kiwi Ray Hanna, former leader of the Red Arrows.

Comments

• Give me a ME 109 or a FW 190 any day.
  • There are as yet undiscovered hill tribes in Borneo who knew you were going to say that.
  • I love that clip. De Cadenet probably doesn't though.

The RV series of homebuilts are awesome as well.
  • There are as yet undiscovered hill tribes in Borneo who knew you were going to say that
    :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
  • Quig, I know you are just doing it to wind me up. So be it. For the record, these boys won.

http://www.aoqz76.dsl.pipex.com/Web Page Components/Wallpaper/Planes/Twin Spitfire.jpg

David & Goliath doesn't do them justice.

[Edited on 12/1/2006 by viges]
  • That is brilliant.

Best short back and sides yet.
  • Can you just imagine flying a plane in combat made out of some wooden sticks and canvas cloth, going into a dive to evade the guy firing at you at you on your tail and watching the canvas fabric tear off the upper wings of your Nieuport 28? Thank god the Spad's arrived. Now hem boys had some bigg ones!

Cheers to the like of Maj. Raoul Lufberry!
  • They might have won viges, but it doesn't mean they made the best planes, it just means they had american resources at their disposal. Before the yanks joined, thinks were looking a little more bleak for the RAF. ;)

Give me an ME262 anyday please, sex in the sky. :cool:
  • it just means they had american resources at their disposal. Before the yanks joined, thinks were looking a little more bleak for the RAF.
    Thanks for bringing that up - I did not want to make Viges cry.

However, you cannot take away the spirit and balls the Limey pilots had - same for their ground troops - during WWII.

Too bad the best and the brightest did not survive the war.