Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

The new car:

What will it be? PS02 look alike, a completely new car, a good car, a bad car?

If we can make only a tiny step ahead we could pip both Jordan and RedBull who I expect to deteriorate next year

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 22/12/2004 by forzaminardi]

Comments

• All I know is it is a NEW Tilley design. We have (supposedly) the current spec cossie. New aero and other components were tested at the recent batch of runs and no major changes have been made in the structure of the team. Lots of tunnel time has been completed.

Money from the auction is an added bonus.
  • I read an interview with PS, he said: If we get the news cossie engine, we will build a totaly new car.

And there's also Zsolt who said the new car looks like a TOIT. As RJ allready said, maybe we can beat Jordan and Red Bull (mhmh.. I'd like to see DCs face when a Minardi is overtaking him :hehe: )
  • where did that quote come from??

TOIT has been copied by toyota and it didn't help them, or Sauber for that matter.
  • Looking like an F2004 is better than a car looking like a PS02.

From what I've seen the tub appears to be more compact, more than likely still single keel.
  • The quote comes from Zsolts Hompeage, someone posted it here (it was only in the hungarian version and my hungarian is not that good ;) ) and I trusted him....

@Jello: I totaly agree,
  • I'd like to see DCs face when a Minardi is overtaking him :hehe: )
    Your lips to Gods ears!
    TOIT has been copied by toyota and it didn't help them, or Sauber for that matter
    They aren't Minardi.
  • this is true.

did an interim car test the other day?

Maybe we can compare pictures?
  • Chanock Nissany (am I writting his name correct?) was testing the PS04B in Missano with a 2005 aerodynamik, there is a picture-somparriosn in the Missano-testing thread.
  • Now if what Zsolt says is true (or if he indeed has said this) then I am really looking forward to a completely new car!
  • From what I've seen the tub appears to be more compact, more than likely still single keel.
    Jello, exactly what have you seen?
  • If Paul bought the design team some nice high res and high detail photos of the F2004 do you think they would be of any help? I recall a few years back Stewart making their own copy of the previous years Mclaren and winning a race with it! Perhaps it's about time Minardi do something similar.
  • [quote]From what I've seen the tub appears to be more compact, more than likely still single keel.
    Jello, exactly what have you seen? [/quote]

One of the moulds for the tub being cut.
  • I don't suppose there is any chance the rest of us plebs can get a look.
  • You have my email (biatch).
  • Or you could sign up for Atlas... :P
  • Or you could be your own man, instead of being pussy-whipped by Bira....

You have my email :angel:
  • Apart from those on medication, who seriously believes RBR is going backwards? Newly motivated staff, ambitious new owner, two good drivers ...
  • www.ForzaRedBullRacing.com :angel:
  • Or you could be your own man, instead of being pussy-whipped by Bira....

You have my email :angel:
    She banned me once. I likened it to being spanked.
  • I likened it to being spanked.
    You liked it didn't you :spank: ;)
    WTF did she ban you for?
  • O/T posts in the F1 section.
  • :rolleyes:
    Sounds like she needs a man...
  • you see children, I'd never ban you for something like that! don't you appreciate that?

viges. Mateschitz hasn't got a clue about running an F1 team and I'm pretty sure that Jaguar didn't work too hard on their 2005 car as they knew for a long, long time that they wouldn't be there. Key personnel has left and I would put a question mark over their budget. Mateschitz has been quoted as saying that he wouldn't spend too much money on the team as that would disgruntle his Thai (Red Bull's recipe comes from Thailand) shareholders.

I agree with you on the drivers side but I don't expect them to make any gains in their first year!
  • I don't buy that the RBR1 won't have full effort put into it. That would have been a major selling point, that the 2005 car is being worked on very hard.

I do believe, though, that personelle will kill the team slowly. Supposedly staff has already found jobs elsewhere while Purnell and Pitchforth are said to be tired of Meteschitz already.
  • www.ForzaRedBullRacing.com :angel:
    I wonder how many people here already clicked on this link !!!!:P
  • I did :P
    "hmm... I wonder if it actually goes anywhere......"
  • New car, hmmmm. I will have to suspend my disbelief till the machine actually breaks cover. Quig says that its a new design, so we'll hve to wait and see.
    The problems facing the team is that under new regs, Minardi were already down on aero grip. In addition the vogue towards loading the front tyres more, means a weight shift forwards and a whole new mechanical layout. If Brunner and Ryton were doing the design, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of them nailing it, given limited testing and tunnel time. As is I'd say its 20/80 with this untried design team.
  • ^ You're becoming a bigger wanker than Matt.
  • shhh Clown, saying something like that is still my job!
  • Get real clown. Minardi are starting the season with a car that Stoddart described as ****ed. Now who's the wanker?