Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Super Cucumber testing

Super Cucumber will test hybrid 2002 Arrows with Honda V8.....

despite the name translation, all this hybrid lego f1 engineering is fun for me...i am really eager to see what will come out of this...sajionara

Comments

• Probably a Horiatiki salata, simple but tasty ;)
  • Super Cucumber
    Yes I like this name
  • If you didn't already know Ger, 'Aguri' means Cucumber in Greek, hence the name Super Cucumber!
  • In the imortal words of Homer J Simpson - DUH!!!!!
  • OOPS DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • So where are they..? I read testing of the new Cucumber (2002 Arrows) was supposed to have started today?

Looks like they have not adapted the car to the 2006 regs yet! Still a beautiful car!

[Edited on 14/2/2006 by vuurmuur]
  • Well if those two photos are in sequence, the Jumbo's catching.
  • The jumbo is catching up?

Without engines?
  • If Super Aguri are a Honda second team can anyone tell me why they have signed the concorde agreement?
  • Also how will the honda v8 line up against the v10 the arraows was originally designed for?
  • If Super Aguri are a Honda second team can anyone tell me why they have signed the concorde agreement?
    I think nobody knows, even Honda must be surprised.

• Thanks for the proof

Obviously a totally new car.
    Honda doesn't wanna risk being outside of F1 if the negotiations between Mosley and the manufactures fails. Super Aguri is Hondas lifeline in F1.

It's kinda worrying that the SA05 not yet is adapted to 2006 regulations. If the SA05 is not adapted to the new regs when they test it in Spain next week I think we will see something similar to Minardi at the first race of last season. Except for that Super Aguri won't be able to adapt their car in as short time as Minardi last season.
  • [quote]If Super Aguri are a Honda second team can anyone tell me why they have signed the concorde agreement?
    Honda doesn't wanna risk being outside of F1 if the negotiations between Mosley and the manufactures fails. Super Aguri is Hondas lifeline in F1.
    [/quote]

Good point.
  • Super Aguri signing up to the FIA was quoted in this weeks autosport. Is it correct? I don't know. But the way SA was excluded from the entry in the first place makes me wonder whether pressure was exerted on them?
  • Now that there are no proper underdogs any more (midland won't count for me) super cucumber is my choice for the next season. Go Yuji 'Idle' Ide
  • Super Cucumber has been sold to English Company "Magma Group", that has confirmad both the deal with Honda for the engines, and the drivers Sato and Davidson.
    Has any of you further news?
    Anyway, if things are as they appear, probably there will be no more Super Aguri in 2009.

I can guess the deal is linked to the fact that originally Super Aguri had been created by Honda to keep a foot in F1 in case the Honda team transmigrated to the new championship the big teams were planning, now that this scenario won't happen, they do not need the second team anymore.
  • gosh i was all like, ger and yokosuna sure are posting a lot again, then I realised you had unearthed this thread from the vaults :-)
  • Yeah.........spooky when the ghosts come out of the cupboard.
  • Speaking of cupboards, who let you out?
  • Season start mate.

Been doin a bit of sailing.

And guess who returns to CANBERRA next month?????????????
  • Bob Hawke?
  • Dickhead!

Moi! est la famille ce sure; evenetuallment.

Four bloody years here in, God knows what it ought to be called, and now we're going Home!

Now how about qualifying?

Is it a case of Toit being right, but off the ,mark because of the ridiculously hot weather fot the time of year, or what?

And what about Webbo? "I'll take 'Fuck up my chances in the home GP' for 30 thanks Greg". "Congratulations Mark!; Youve won an obscure brake failure in qualifying!!!!! How does he do it every time?!?!

[Edited on 15-3-08 by Lease]
  • And guess who returns to CANBERRA next month?????????????
    Can't take the heat eh...

My mate just became a Federal Police officer based in Canberra. I'll make sure that he looks you up...
  • Boooo

look who is here
  • What? They let you out of the Army Greco?

Must be a few weeks now since you last posted.