Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Comments

• Very nice looking.

It looks like a lot of cars will look alike this year. The Midland, McLaren, Toyota.... perhaps even the Ferrari.

All of them are white-red-greyish....

Makes me want to go back to 2001. Nice yellow, green and orange cars.... :P
  • Ya looks nice, great high res pics, but too bad as Stan says Midland, Mclaren, an Toyota look similiar, BMW an Williams are blue an white, and the RB an STR will probably be similiar.
  • I thought there was a ruling that no two teams could use similar colour schemes??

Also the Mclaren actually looks like polished alloy which would produce a hell of a lot of glare, which could be dangerous.
  • new McLaren looks f**king horrific - along with the Midland it has to be the ugliest paint job on the grid. Looks like a DTM paint job on an F1 car - pains me to say it but the Ferrari and Red Bull cars look the best.

anyone else thinking the same?

Front wings and rear wing are left red but blank - nicely set up for the Vodafone logo.

2006 grid will look a hell of a lot different - no black minardi, no yellow jordan.

:o
  • McLaren thinks the chrome effect will attract more airtime - I doubt it. Chrome is a great idea in theory but never quite works. I think the sponsors will find it harder to spot their logos and we all know that money talks ...
  • Looks great to me, well done! :D
  • Plus isnt there a jinx on drivers with chrome helmets???

Didnt Alesi have one in 99 and swiftly got rid of it thinking it was bad luck??
  • McLaren thinks the chrome effect will attract more airtime - I doubt it. Chrome is a great idea in theory but never quite works. I think the sponsors will find it harder to spot their logos and we all know that money talks ...
    I was thinking the same also.
  • Plus isnt there a jinx on drivers with chrome helmets???

Didnt Alesi have one in 99 and swiftly got rid of it thinking it was bad luck??
    And Trulli?
  • I'm all for something different. Having said that I don't mind the McLaren Orange livery.
  • There is a reason that you can't register a car on the road that is chrome in colour. I think the same will apply on the track, it's too reflective and can cause visibility problems which increases risk of collisions. It's got to go.

I haven't decided whether I like it or not yet though.
  • Ironically, Montoya ditched his chrome helmet last season due to poor visibility (for others).
  • I think the new car looks fantastic! The red is a tad bright in the pictures, but it's taken in a studio surrounded by lights, so it should appear a fair bit darker on the track.