Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

F1 on ice

Anyone catching the winter olympics. The single luge yesterday was fantastic. 100 kph flat on your back and blind. As one tv commentator said " take the corner here and you're going through, take the corner here and you're going to hospital!"

Comments

• Whats the name of the sport where you are on this flimsy little sled and going head first down the bobsleigh track? Craziest thing to watch these guys are awesome.
  • Skeleton.

http://www.bobskeleton.org.uk/tmp/wm_pswcskel1702_018.jpg

Balls of steel.

Love anything going down this track. Immensely proud some daft Brits invented it.
  • I have watched the snowboard half pipe today.

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen watching the olympics :D

[Edited on 12/2/2006 by Stan]
  • No way! I don't consider any discipline wher you award points for style to be a sport.
    Anyone catch the down hill. Great Drama. It had everything. Did you hear the the US coach screaming to Dan Rhales at the start gate " C'mon Dan, its down to you. You're the last one".
    Hats off to the canny French a great run. Put me in mind of that other great French Skier; Jean-Claude Killy!
  • Balls of steel.
    Supersized Cahunas!!!
  • Anyone catch the down hill. Great Drama. It had everything. Did you hear the the US coach screaming to Dan Rhales at the start gate " C'mon Dan, its down to you. You're the last one".
    Hats off to the canny French a great run. Put me in mind of that other great French Skier; Jean-Claude Killy!
    The American coach was hilarious. He shouted his head off! I couldn't believe that Deneriaz cruhed the other with ver half a second. What a big surprise.

Best news of the day was the gold and silver of the Dutch women ice-skaters :D
  • winter olympics are so much more spectacular than summer olympics

i mean, what do you get at the summer olympics apart from second rate football and basketball?

He shouted his head off! I couldn't believe that Deneriaz cruhed the other with ver half a second.
    74-hundreths of a second actually, the largest margin since egon zimmermann at Innsbruck 1964 (who won by 78-hundreths)

[Edited on 13/2/2006 by forzaminardi]
  • RJ, are Austria in for a good games or do you think the Swiss are going to clean up on the slopes. The Hermanator seemed strangely off Form!
  • Despite her 5 misses........ she is still my miss!

• couldn't care less. petrol, to tell yoou the truth. the hermanator has been off form for too long now, not doing terribly well in the World Cup.

Hoping for fellow Tyrolean Widhoelzl to get in form for the big hill ski jumping and Austria should be a bank for the teams ski jumping as well.

Expect Raich to pick up a few medals in the super-G, Giant Slalom and Slalom.

I felt sorry for Aamodt who came in fourth yesterday. The guy, as well as his fellow countryman Lasse Kjus, has been on the tour for dogs years and is still so competitive. A bit like Marc Girardelli. Oh well, those were the days that you could get me passionate about skiing. Raich, in spite of being from the Tyrol, I can't abide. He's such a farmer.

No way Austria can repeat Albertville, that was too filled with flukes such as gold in the bob and cross country.
    + Austria have no little chinese people to rake up the golds in the short track events.
  • No comment on Luca Badoer at the opening ceremony? That was way cool, but probably not for the atheletes 10 metres away
  • Didn't watch the opening ceremonies so I missed the Ferrari, only heard about it. So that was Luca Badoer in the car? I had heard some other name, but I may just have heard two seperate things and put them together as one.
  • Correct - the FORMER Minardi driver Luca Badoer.
  • No way! I don't consider any discipline wher you award points for style to be a sport.
    You do have a point. But that doesn't make it less spectacular to watch :)
  • Joey Cheek was awesome yesterday! Speed and class combined. A true olympic champion.
  • Sawbones in the Pub????!!!!!!!???????

Must have got hooked on the Cold Comps after seeing Cool Runnings, yea mon.
  • Bigmouth Hedrick misses out at 1000m.:hehe::hehe:
  • congrats robert-jan!

another gold for aut...morgensten was awesome!
  • as morgenstern is (usually) sponsored by red bull, he doesn't have my support. however, i'm happy for fellow tyroleans widhoelzl and kofler for adding yet another gold to austria's tally. well done to raich as well, my prediction held true, still doesn't make him any less of a farmer.

austria is now in second spot on the medals table with as many medals as the U.S.
    no wonder they suck at football.

• Anyone catch the women's 2 man bob. Excuse the oxymoron. I'm afraid the term woman and speed don't go together, though, just ask the Dutch. Mind you the Aus team didn't look to clever either, so no more jokes about the jamaican Bob sleigh team. Yes they were farcical but the IOC rules on competing means they would not get in under the present regs.
  • Yep, that was a nice ride by the Dutch ladies :hehe: They tried to perform a sort of skeleton with their bob.....

@RJ: when you are called Morgenstern (=Morningstar) a gold medal has to be your destiny.