Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

SAKHIR TEST - Day One

SAKHIR TEST - Day One 13 February 2006

Circuit : Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir - 5.417 km
Car : RB 1
Driver: Scott Speed
Laps: 82
Best time: 1:34.280

Apart from the obvious benefits of testing at the track that hosts this year's curtain raiser grand prix,
in terms of establishing optimum car set-up and tyre choice, the trip to Sakhir has provided the team
with its first taste of summer-style weather.

With an air temperature of 23 and the track passing the 30 degree mark, Scott Speed spent the
morning working on general set-up, looking at elements such as ride height and aero balance. "The
car ran well and it has been very useful to evaluate downforce levels and work out what level to use
in the race," commented Chief Engineer, Laurent Mekies. In the afternoon, Scott embarked on a
simulated race distance, including "live" pit stop with full fuel rig use. "Considering that we have
several new guys on the team, who have not worked together before, the pit stop went well,"
continued Mekies. "Unfortunately, Scott was unable to complete the race distance as the session
was red flagged when another car stopped on track. We are using the RB1 here because there was
no time to get the STR 1 here after its inaugural test in Jerez last week. STR 1 will be testing again
in Imola next week."

Tomorrow, it's Tonio Liuzzi's turn to tackle the desert track.

Comments

• I really don't think it's fair for STR to be using the RB1. They say RBR and STR are completely different entities. Yet they are sharing cars!
  • We are using the RB1 here because there was
    no time to get the STR 1 here after its inaugural test in Jerez last week.
    Is the RB1 cheaper to freight? Lighter? Pre-positioned?

I expect a tirade from the Sawbones on this constant stream of lies.
  • They probably had some work to do on the STR1 an did not have time to finish the work and ship it in time for this test. But I agree that STR should not be allowed to use the RB1.
  • I can't believe quig bothers to post the press release.
  • They send it to me and in the interest of news I post it. I really could care less.
  • fair enough.
  • so noooonoooo the rb1 has nothing to do with the str1, far from it... :rolleyes:
  • these guys are a joke....they have gone to Bahrain, spent a shitload of money to test a car that has nothing to do with the one they will race....yeah right....
  • They shouldn't have tested the STR1 in Jerez (but the RBR1 instead).
    Then they would have had the time to ship the new car to Sakhir for this weeks test.

Now that the new car is ready IMHO continuing testing the RBR1 is totally unacceptable !!!
  • Well I guess they need as much info on the Michelin tyres. At least it removes the dice throwing strategy we saw last year when it came to tyre choice.
  • SAKHIR TEST - Day Two 14 February 2006

Circuit : Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir - 5.417 km
    Car : RB 1
    Driver: Tonio Liuzzi
    Laps: 70
    Best time: 1:32.720

In the hard world of Formula One, there's not much room for love and affection and on this St.
    Valentine's Day, the only sign of romance was the wheels of the cars kissing the kerbs as they sped
    around the Sakhir circuit.

Liuzzi was in the cockpit today, although he was able to take an early bath as a gearbox problem
    meant the RB1 was forced to miss just the final 90 minutes of the session. "Nevertheless, it was a
    reasonable day with signs of performance gain and general progress," reckoned Chief Engineer,
    Laurent Mekies. "As expected, the track was much cleaner than yesterday which allowed us to be
    more precise in our set-up work. Also, track temperatures were much higher today which made for
    a more realistic simulation of what we can expect for the race here in three weeks time, which is
    particularly relevant as far as the tyres are concerned."

Tomorrow, Switzerland's Neel Jani, the team's 2006 "Friday only" driver, will have his first run in
    RB1.
  • who is the new press officer? the english a bit bumpy at times
  • Fabiana.
  • In the hard world of Formula One, there's not much room for love and affection and on this St.
    Valentine's Day, the only sign of romance was the wheels of the cars kissing the kerbs as they sped
    around the Sakhir circuit.
    :D

• 2 girls at red bull write the press releases, katie and sophia - they're both English....
  • must be me then :hehe:
  • But the PR has Fabiana as the POC - I assumed she wrote them as well.

Thanks for the update James.
  • She is the press contact I believe - she certainly never wrote them before only translated them. Anyway good to hear she is still there.